Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    For me it's a mix of things. I'm not really a fan of Larroca's art and the inking is quite bad as well, my main problem is the line art... It all looks super rough, messy and too even. I don't know how to exactly explain this last part in English (since it's not my main language), but it looks like when you ink in Illustrator without giving the lines different weights to add some dynamism to the illustration so it all ends up looking kind of bland.
    Larroca does better with what used to be known as "Marvel-style" scripting (i.e. writers gives artist plot, artist handles layouts/pacing/etc., writer scripts based on drawn plot). All Marvel books are now done full-script (i.e. writer drafts detailed plot and script including pacing and specific layouts, artist draws only what writer tells them to).

Compare Larroca's current Uncanny X-Men with his work on X-Treme X-Men back in the mid-2000s. It's the difference between night and day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Larroca does better with what used to be known as "Marvel-style" scripting (i.e. writers gives artist plot, artist handles layouts/pacing/etc., writer scripts based on drawn plot). All Marvel books are now done full-script (i.e. writer drafts detailed plot and script including pacing and specific layouts, artist draws only what writer tells them to).

Compare Larroca's current Uncanny X-Men with his work on X-Treme X-Men back in the mid-2000s. It's the difference between night and day.
    Larroca's old stuff was better because of the colorist (and probably inker) he had back then. He also didn't trace everything back then.

Did nobody notice this?
    Did you hear that we’re announcing the first wave of X-Books, DAWN OF X, there? It’s true–you’ll hear all about them on Saturday.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Larroca's old stuff was better because of the colorist (and probably inker) he had back then. He also didn't trace everything back then.
    There was no inker on his X-Treme X-Men work. The colorist worked straight off his pencils.

His layouts were more dynamic, and his pencils were more fluid and detailed. I think this was in no small measure due to Claremont just giving him the plot and letting him run with it.

Larroca's current Uncanny work feels more workman-like to me. It tells the story, but it doesn't have the cinematic breadth, depth, and energy his X-Treme X-Men work did.
    Last edited by FUBAR007; 07-15-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Larroca art was pretty decent in the first issues of this run.
    It was decreasing and the lowest point was that fight with Shinobi Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did nobody notice this?
    I REALLY hope they give us the most vague information of this so we can enjoy the Hickman run without knowing how it will end ahead of time. I know they even say this in today's article, but dang I hate losing hype steam on these titles even before they start.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I REALLY hope they give us the most vague information of this so we can enjoy the Hickman run without knowing how it will end ahead of time. I know they even say this in today's article, but dang I hate losing hype steam on these titles even before they start.
    If they have an announcement of titles with a panel and the creators, and walk off the stage without saying anything... that would be shocking. Better than the days of no X-Men panel at all, I guess.

Mighty Member

The idea that Magik's first relationship could have been with a Summers is hilarious because... of course it'd be a Summers.

I know how destructive shipping is, but he really pushed away the possible opportunity of finally confirming Magik’s subtextual sapphicness so he could have more space to kill more X-Men? Also, move over HOXPOX hive mind early reviews, we’ve got The Godfather of X-Men Monday’s himself hyping up Uncanny X-Men #22. Which is......well, make of that what you will.

https://twitter.com/chrisahassan/sta...915914246?s=21

BANNED

Chris Hassan the king of gif hype.

https://twitter.com/ChrisAHassan/sta...07727215849473

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    The idea that Magik's first relationship could have been with a Summers is hilarious because... of course it'd be a Summers.
    Honestly it's kind of canon for me now.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Who hasn't been attracted, in love or had sex with a Summers at this point? Better Hope than Alex, I suppose.

Wait.

Those look kinda different. This new thing that they’re fighting looks like a gold Sentinel. hm

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    If we guessed what the relationships were, that means Hope/Illyana and Scott/Dani. The latter makes that talk in the park even more hilarious.
    Wow, so Rosenberg almost found a way to make this run even worse. Hope/Magik would be awful.