Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I'm a bit more on the fence, It could be a great story, but a revenge driven Lois strikes me as a variation on the usual twisted Superman trope. If Batman plays any role in the resolution, it'll just push me further out of the DC realm.

And I really wish the Dark Multiverse would just crawl back under the rock it belongs under. After all the talk of bringing DC back to it's glory days they really think focusing on the worst possible outcomes is the right step.

I'd rather see a world where Superman doesn't return after that death, but Lois plays a central role (powered or not) in assembling people to carry on the never ending battle. Or a world where we see Lois raising Jon after Superman's death that wasn't focused on how much everything goes downhill after that battle.
    I pretty much agree with everything you just said tbh. I don't need this to be grimdark, and that's kind of what the Dark Multiverse does.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Kon93

I want powered Lois raising Jon, and dealing with Kon-El, the semi clone of the guy she lived and the father of Jon, plus beating hank Henshaw amd mongul while putting up with eradicators **** and befriending John Henry, her new SUPER partner and maybe more lol.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Wow, very nice. I like it so far. Thanks for sharing! Where did you get them from? His Twitter?
    Yes https://twitter.com/JeffLoveness/sta...58765672914944

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    What I want from a story like this is heartache. I get she’s getting revenge, but before that I need some genuine heartache. I like the script, it looks like he’s really going to have some emotion there.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    What I want from a story like this is heartache. I get she’s getting revenge, but before that I need some genuine heartache. I like the script, it looks like he’s really going to have some emotion there.
    Loveness wrote a great Lois in “Glasses” so I have confidence he’ll do right by her here.

I really like the idea of this line. It’s DC’s “What If”. But I’m tired of the Superperson goes bad trope. It’s been done to death with Kal and now it seems that Lois is gonna go all Injustice on the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    YES!!!!
    Well, to each their own then, but I'm willing to let them have fun with their new toy for a while.

For me I just want something a little more uplifting that isn't aimed entirely at kids. Since infinite Crisis they've been promising us to cut back on the girimdark stuff, but launch things like this. I don't object to darker Elseworlds as much as I object to the line being dedicated to just those. A modern take on something like Lois Lane becoming the hero of Krypton or a Justice League whose founders were Supergirl, John Stewart, Jessie Quick, Misterr Miracle, Big Barda, and Hawkman instead of the classic Big 7 could be Elseworlds that were interesting and had heroic conflict without being dark dystopian versions of the DCU.
    Man and Superman was uplifting earlier this year, Year One doesn't seem like it'll go grimdark judging by the first issue (I mean it's Miller so I can't rule it out, but so far so good), and neither are aimed at kids (and I'd argue some of the Kids and Teens stuff feels more like it could be aimed as more family friendly than entirely at kids [as in the whole family can enjoy it, including adults]). And of course there's still the main titles on top of it too. I think one line focused on grimdark stories is okay since there's other lines offering other things. And one thing that might get you on board - there's a possibility that with a whole line dedicated to the grimdark they'll feel less of a need to have it in all their other lines, meaning lighter, more uplifting stories might appear more easily elsewhere now.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

The actual discription of the book is kind of dumb, and likely not really indicative of the ideas behind it, but the team is strong as hell, and that cover is fire, so I'm in there.

I really dig that DC gave the ok to the Lois book and this around the same time.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really like the idea of this line. It’s DC’s “What If”. But I’m tired of the Superperson goes bad trope. It’s been done to death with Kal and now it seems that Lois is gonna go all Injustice on the world.
    Yeah, but Injustice was stupid.

Astonishing Member

Idk could be kind of like a silver age story. Lois gets powers and shenanigans go down.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Damn, they really are milking this whole “Dark Multiverse” huh.

. If Batman plays any role in the resolution, it'll just push me further out of the DC realm.
    I'd say the same, but I'm not reading that much new stuff now (I was reading Supergirl and Superman and Action Comics, but that stopped). I intermittently check Aquaman and Flash (I like Barry, but not into the storylines since Flash War started or the other forces, etc. - it was Wally remembering his kids and Iris remembering everything that I loved), and I'm reading Wonder Twins. Use message boards, etc. to keep up with a general idea what's going on.

I don't do grimdark, either, so wouldn't have read this anyway. But even in elseworlds, the Batman = good to JL = bad is just way past old. And same with evil Superman and now maybe an evil Lois is better than a dead one, but I'm not sure. I mean, wouldn't be in-continuity, but this isn't that.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    In October, the Dark Multiverse will be used to its full potential, by giving us a spin on the classic Death of Superman storyline.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-tales-dark-mu...lane-one-shot/

What do you think about it ?
    The cover looks really cool, and the concept is interesting. Hope it's good!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    spoilers:
    Looks like Lois is finally going to get murder Joker after all the times he’s fridged her to force Batman vs. Superman crap
    end of spoilers