Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    With this preview I'm imagining that's where these books are headed. That Saint Batman, Eradicator Lois, etc, are going to be claimed by this guy and play some role in the next big event.
    I think it'll be the Son of Bane who will join Tempus Fuginaut force of heroes from the Dark Multiverse (hopefully, the many versions of Superman, Lois, Lori and Jimmy Olsen already on the main world won't be forgotten). I guess whoever stop Eradicator Lois or herself, if she manages to see the error of her ways, could join too.
    Last edited by Korath; 10-14-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Hmm, yeah that might make more sense, if he's looking for actual potential heroes, because the point here is that these main characters aren't heroes.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So there IS a new Crisis on the horizon? It's confirmed?
    Assassinate Putin!

Yup. The Dark Mutltiverse Knightfall preview explicitly says so. Some new character called Tempus (at least this is the first I've seen him) who seems to be in a Pariah-like role states its coming. These Dark Multiverse books, instead of completely stand-alone, look to tie into the main line plans with this guy as a framing device as he's searching for heroes on these Earths to help.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-14-2019 at 12:29 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So there IS a new Crisis on the horizon? It's confirmed?
    Always was. Snyder has been talking about wanting to do a “Metal 2” event with Capullo to cap off his JL run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yup. The Dark Mutltiverse Knightfall preview explicitly says so. Some new character called Tempus (at least this is the first I've seen him) who seems to be in a Pariah-like role states its coming. These Dark Multiverse books, instead of completely stand-alone, look to tie into the main line plans with this guy as a framing device as he's searching for heroes on these Earths to help.
    He’s a Dan Didio created character who came from Sideways and has showed up in a few other books since. His job is basically to keep the universes of the Multiverse separated.

Ahh I see. Thanks for that info.

It's funny... I find myself thinking about this book a *lot*. Actually pretty excited for it - too bad we won't get it until the end of the month!
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Would have been better without the stupid Watcher stand-in.
    Assassinate Putin!

Read it, liked it!

spoilers:
    I wish it had been more than one issue so we could’ve seen this version of Reign play out longer. What would the Kents think of what Lois has become for example? But the ending was hard hitting, and I loved Lois taking out Lex and the Joker. I’m thinking this Lois is definitely going to show up in Snyder’s upcoming event.
    end of spoilers

Well... THIS was certainly interesting, and spoilers:
    didn't quite go how I thought, but also did go how I thought.
    end of spoilers. And that art and color style REALLY brought back a ton of '92/'93 memories. These folks did their homework, and it's amazing. Really makes me miss that style - and that version...but still.

All-in-all, a bit quick. It would have been nice to get more. That said, the bookends almost give it a "Twilight Zone" feel, which I can appreciate.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

I liked it too. The art especially.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Well... THIS was certainly interesting, and spoilers:
    didn't quite go how I thought, but also did go how I thought.
    end of spoilers. And that art and color style REALLY brought back a ton of '92/'93 memories. These folks did their homework, and it's amazing. Really makes me miss that style - and that version...but still.

All-in-all, a bit quick. It would have been nice to get more. That said, the bookends almost give it a "Twilight Zone" feel, which I can appreciate.
    I was not expecting to see 90s Lex II but it was kind of nice.

Oh man, this story. I felt so bad for Lois by the end of it.

Quite liked it, but someday I want to see a grieving Lois destroy the world with the power of journalism.