Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

It was ok. A little too rushed for me. I would have liked if they fleshed out Lois’ turn a little better. Art was excellent and Lois’ look was great. spoilers:
    I get it’s a Dark Multiverse take where it’s built off the fears of the characters. I could see Lois or Clark fearing losing hope in humanity and the worst happening to each other. It’s not supposed to be a true representation of their characters. Or Lois’ belief in truth being perverted by the Eradicators black and white worldview. But it was a little too much like “Superman’s dead, I’ll go evil now” for my liking. It could have been fleshed out better. Maybe don’t give the Watcher knock off so many pages.

Although having that criticism of a story about Lois and not Clark dying was a welcome enough change! She should have taken a little longer with Joker though. Maybe tossed him into space and watch him pop! Would have been a fitting call back to injustice.

Glad she survived though. If these characters are really being saved for a different event, we now have nanite Batman and Eradicator Lois.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Yoda; 10-30-2019 at 09:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It was a good read for what it was, doubt I ever check it out again.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

My LCS was sold out. They said they might get more copies in a couple weeks. Must be popular.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    My LCS was sold out. They said they might get more copies in a couple weeks. Must be popular.
    I hope it sold well, Loveness is great and I want him to write more Supes.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah I don't think Loveness or Walker have gotten enough credit for how well they both do with Superman. This story should be a dead horse and yet this alt reality fit as well as almost any of the real chapters. Reminds me of what Bates did with Brainiac Rebirth's "What If?" Lois vs Death of Superman is an awesomely hilarious story, haven't read the Batman one yet.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Another slippery slope story nothing special. At this point, i am so tired of the formula. A female version of injustice superman. Atleast, injustice superman's paranoia can be explained or empathised with. The guy destroyed everything he worked for and the city he protected with his very own hand. We need a jason todd for superman family. No bizarro isn't good enough except for when he is super intelligent.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Another slippery slope story nothing special. At this point, i am so tired of the formula. A female version of injustice superman. Atleast, injustice superman's paranoia can be explained or empathised with. The guy destroyed everything he worked for and the city he protected with his very own hand. We need a jason todd for superman family. No bizarro isn't good enough except for when he is super intelligent.
    I can't go with you there. Even though she went off the deep end, by the conclusion she genuinely sees she was wrong. Injustice Supes only has one answer when someone challenges his ideals: double down.

For what it's worth, I think it was pretty well done. The Dark Multiverse aspect of it kind of offsets my belief that no matter how cynical, Lois wouldn't go there. It's the Dark Multiverse. spoilers:
    These stories exist sole because it's not supposed to click with the normal rules or characterization, but if Lois ever did break bad, this seemed pretty close to home for her. Very pragmatic, and overall she keeps asking questions while rooting out what she deems the heart of the problem. When faced with Clark's idealism, she clashes but still does seem to respect him until she's clearly gone mad, but when faced with him again it resurfaces as does her moral compass.

I greatly appreciate how despite Lois making some pretty harsh accusations at some characters (Bruce, the JLA), we never get too many excuses out of them to make Lois seem in the right; there's no weak support to insanity. She's the part of this dark universe that's broken and the creative team behind this nail that.

end of spoilers

I'd like to see Loveness do more work with proper Lois and Clark. He clearly has an affinity for them and gets their voices. It'd be nice to see him get something that's not effectively a fluff piece.

Can we please get Walker on some more Superman stuff?
    Last edited by Robanker; 11-01-2019 at 01:23 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I can't go with you there. Even though she went off the deep end, by the conclusion she genuinely sees she was wrong. Injustice Supes only has one answer when someone challenges his ideals: double down.

For what it's worth, I think it was pretty well done. The Dark Multiverse aspect of it kind of offsets my belief that no matter how cynical, Lois wouldn't go there. It's the Dark Multiverse. spoilers:
    These stories exist sole because it's not supposed to click with the normal rules or characterization, but if Lois ever did break bad, this seemed pretty close to home for her. Very pragmatic, and overall she keeps asking questions while rooting out what she deems the heart of the problem. When faced with Clark's idealism, she clashes but still does seem to respect him until she's clearly gone mad, but when faced with him again it resurfaces as does her moral compass.

I greatly appreciate how despite Lois making some pretty harsh accusations at some characters (Bruce, the JLA), we never get too many excuses out of them to make Lois seem in the right; there's no weak support to insanity. She's the part of this dark universe that's broken and the creative team behind this nail that.

end of spoilers

I'd like to see Loveness do more work with proper Lois and Clark. He clearly has an affinity for them and gets their voices. It'd be nice to see him get something that's not effectively a fluff piece.

My point was i am tired of slippery nonsense. It is basically that. I hate the notion once you cross that line. The world will falls apart. It feels so contrived. Every story just happens to make it seem like "he crossed line. he bad. Now he satan incarnate. He destroy everthing". Blah! Just change the formula. please, give me a red hood or a wonder woman for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

end of spoilers

Yes, absolutely, to all of this. The characterization was pretty surprisingly on-point for a "dark what if" - I expected this to go a lot "worse" for her, honestly. It was dark, but a lot more fitting of the regular continuity that I was thinking it would. I thought her grief would make her a lot crazier, frankly, and it was surprisingly nice to see that not happen.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

I liked this one more than Knightfall, because at the end, Lois was clealry realizing her mistakes but still couldn't save Clark, and I found it a lot more poignant than insane nano-Batman.

This reminded me more of Punisher kill the Marvel Universe than Injustice.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Finally got my hands on a copy. This was really good. Like others, I thought it ran a little too fast. And addressed some good points about the hypocrisy of that story without making Lois look good by comparison. And, birthing matrix aside, it followed the original quite well. Even made reference to the Matrix/Supergirl/Luthor relationship. Only real complaint is the Watcher stand-in. But I guess that's part of the deal with these stories.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    My point was i am tired of slippery nonsense. It is basically that. I hate the notion once you cross that line. The world will falls apart. It feels so contrived. Every story just happens to make it seem like "he crossed line. he bad. Now he satan incarnate. He destroy everthing". Blah! Just change the formula. please, give me a red hood or a wonder woman for once.
    True. Superman in the Justice Lords was believable. He wasn't a homicidal maniac, just a control freak who sometimes killed his enemies... sometimes.

BANNED

Interesting premise. There is a bit of role reversal like John the Baptist and Jesus role reversal I.e. if you believe the reincarnation theory. It looks like Lois role can be likened to a fellow preacher who upon the death of the prophet tries to fill the gap but not out of hope and love but vengeance and sadness that his message and his gospel went unheeded after his death which causes her to accept a unholy power which is not meant for her and cause her to deviate further and further from the originals path and further lessening of faith in all he stood for. Finally her actions lead to the final death of Superman the original prophet returned after his resurrection as he gazes in horror at what she has become in his name and thus proves in that world she is the saviour they deserve and the unholy act of taking a life I.e. perversion of the originals beliefs/teachings leads to the death of the saviour who cannot abide the loss of life no matter what as he regards it sacred. So his primary follower by gaining his powers and perverting what he stands for ensures that she replaces him in the twisted world they live in and inadvertently causes his death due to her lack of faith in his return or eventual triumph of his beliefs.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Finally got my hands on a copy. This was really good. Like others, I thought it ran a little too fast. And addressed some good points about the hypocrisy of that story without making Lois look good by comparison. And, birthing matrix aside, it followed the original quite well. Even made reference to the Matrix/Supergirl/Luthor relationship. Only real complaint is the Watcher stand-in. But I guess that's part of the deal with these stories.
    Every once in a while they try. Remember the Oracle?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES