Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hellboy and The B.P.R.D.: Long Night at Goloski Station

“Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons.” -- Hellboy.
    “Dude, you’re embarrassing me in front of the Wizards.” -- Tony Stark.

I love Mignola getting more involved in this series and using it to craft a bunch of classic style Hellboy stories.

Yeah I can't wait I love the HB one shots.

The Claw of Justice!

I'm really excited for this, Matt Smith is a fantastic artist.
    @lobster20000 on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    I'm really excited for this, Matt Smith is a fantastic artist.
    That he is. I've been wanting him to work on something in this universe for a while now.

I just looked at the sketches. Definitely looking forward to this tomorrow!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

This was a really good issue. Loved the art and story. Yad was cool, and I liked how they talked about Grey. Very entertaining.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Yup, this was perfect.

Amazing Member

After being disappointed with Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: Saturn Returns, Long Night at Goloski Station was every thing I love about Hellboy. An Interesting story with an new character that has the potential to expanded into the universe, learning some new lore about Bishop Zrinyi's Silver Buttons and we see some of the ramifications of his fight with the Baba Yaga.

If we keep getting story's like this a few times a year I will be a happy fan.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by breen2057 View Post
    After being disappointed with Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: Saturn Returns, Long Night at Goloski Station was every thing I love about Hellboy. An Interesting story with an new character that has the potential to expanded into the universe, learning some new lore about Bishop Zrinyi's Silver Buttons and we see some of the ramifications of his fight with the Baba Yaga.

If we keep getting story's like this a few times a year I will be a happy fan.
    Exactly, after the last few I almost felt like Mignola was bored with Hellboy and just wanted to rush to the end but this was a real breath of fresh air giving us a story like the ones that made me fall in love with the character all those years ago.

Fantastic Member

I'm going to add nothing to this discussion by saying I also loved it. Tonally very much like pre-In Hell publication Hellboy. There have been a run of these great stories (Vargu, Krampusnacht, Hellboy vs Lobster Johnson) that make me really excited for the ongoing adventures of Mr. Boy whenever we get them.

This was a routine HB one-shot. But since they are usually great, that means this was wonderful!
    Agree that it was a welcome change from Saturn Returns disappointment. I hope we see Yad again.
    A Yad mini-series, if it were this good, would be welcome.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I really enjoyed Matt's art on this one, it's like he's been in the universe all along.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This was a routine HB one-shot. But since they are usually great, that means this was wonderful!
    Agree that it was a welcome change from Saturn Returns disappointment. I hope we see Yad again.
    A Yad mini-series, if it were this good, would be welcome.
    Yes, this would be cool. I'm really hungry for more on Yad.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor