Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    312

    Default I wish the X satellite books went back to being more separate

    The way Cables X-Force, Alex and Jamieís X-Factor were related to the X-men but not under them

    And not filled with main X-men that didnít make the main team

    Like one or two is cool but shit like the new X-Force I have no interest in
    Because itís characters that I mainly associate with X-men

    m here for HoX and PoX but I hope the series keeps my interest after

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,987

    Default

    This sounds like an unpopular opinion but I share it.

    There’s something unsettling about how grand and organized Hicks-Men books look.

    I’m apprehensive, but Morrison had me feeling similarly.

  3. #3
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    This sounds like an unpopular opinion but I share it.

    Thereís something unsettling about how grand and organized Hicks-Men books look.

    Iím apprehensive, but Morrison had me feeling similarly.
    For me, itís just that those books used to be for showcasing other characters with different goals

    Now itís just showing other X-Men

  4. #4
    Mysterious Telepath Spinster Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,649

    Default

    I'm excited about the upcoming satellites each having their own locale and genre to navigate in.

    I also think it's a great idea to sprinkle in some well-known X-Men so these books can last. X-Force is both random and kind of generic and is my least-favorite lineup-wise. Gonna be cool to see Rogue/Gambit not do the same ol' same ol' superhero bit.

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    Stories mature and change,Teams have work together and Teams have been independent. You can't have connected world and status of what is going on it doesn't affect things we typically bash the Avengers here because the living the same world and don't do anything for X-men. The bigger point is the large event going on in the world and the X-men have to work together hence the closer relationship of the books. The story pushes the style of the teams.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-24-2019 at 10:46 PM.

  6. #6
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    The way Cables X-Force, Alex and Jamie’s X-Factor were related to the X-men but not under them

    And not filled with main X-men that didn’t make the main team

    Like one or two is cool but shit like the new X-Force I have no interest in
    Because it’s characters that I mainly associate with X-men

    m here for HoX and PoX but I hope the series keeps my interest after
    Its 2019. The 90s are over and most mutant heroes (and even villians) have since been X-men. Any satellite book now will primarily feature X-men bc of that. Blame the Fraction era for that

  7. #7
    Mighty Member nnelg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,763

    Default

    I want the satallite books to be separate for the most part. I want the teams to be based out of different locations as well. Maybe that’s why we seen habitat seeds being planted in the Savage Land, Moon, Mars and other remote locations. That said I like that Professor X is in charge. I wouldn’t mind seeing Mutants that refuse to join him because they disagree. That could be a nice team book. Also the Fraction era sucked.

  8. #8
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Stories mature and change,Teams have work together and Teams have been independent. You can't have connected world and status of what is going on it doesn't affect things we typically bash the Avengers here because the living the same world and don't do anything for X-men. The bigger point is the large event going on in the world and the X-men have to work together hence the closer relationship of the books. The story pushes the style of the teams.
    Avengers satellite books do what I’m talking about tho

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    6,576

    Default

    Embrace change.

    Go back to the 90's won't do any good. Time for changes.
    ****Stop complaining and start dancing****

  10. #10
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Embrace change.

    Go back to the 90's won't do any good. Time for changes.
    Thereís nothing intrinsically 90s about the OP

  11. #11
    Y'know. Pav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    I've always loved the side-titles that feature C- and D-Listers: stuff like the Legion Legacy series, Bishop: the Last X-Man, District X, X-Factor Investigations, and X-Statix. So I'm somewhat bummed that there seemingly isn't book coming out that fits that description (at least until the X-CELLENT comes). I especially liked when the X-Factor Investigations cast weren't necessarily on the friendliest terms with the main X-Men.

    That being said, I love the Morrison run and think it's smart to have an overarching story/purpose for the X-line as a whole. So while I don't see any books starring my very favorite mutants, I'm at least excited about the potential of Hickman's story. And he seems to like using large casts, so I'm still hopeful that my faves will play some minor roles.

    -Pav, who also loved Aguirre-Sacasa's Nightcrawler solo...
    2019 Marvel Monthly Buys: Superior Spider-Man Runaways Absolute Carnage: Lethal Protectors Silver Surfer: Black Death's Head House of X Powers of X Contagion

    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my middle school students! DM for details

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    Avengers satellite books do what I’m talking about tho
    That's the point: The Avengers have a poorly defined and global goal of protecting the world. There are a thousand threats of a different nature that require their attention.

    The X-Men have a clear goal: Protect mutants and make them accepted in society. Although they have different secondary objectives and differentiated methods, they are all part of the same fight.

  13. #13
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    That's the point: The Avengers have a poorly defined and global goal of protecting the world. There are a thousand threats of a different nature that require their attention.

    The X-Men have a clear goal: Protect mutants and make them accepted in society. Although they have different secondary objectives and differentiated methods, they are all part of the same fight.
    And yet you can still protect mutants in different ways and not have each team under one leader

  14. #14
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    The way Cables X-Force, Alex and Jamie’s X-Factor were related to the X-men but not under them

    And not filled with main X-men that didn’t make the main team

    Like one or two is cool but shit like the new X-Force I have no interest in
    Because it’s characters that I mainly associate with X-men

    m here for HoX and PoX but I hope the series keeps my interest after
    I think weaker sales on the X-books means that the more interconnected angle is played on and emphasized more nowadays.

  15. #15
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Agree with this sentiment. Satellite books have been diluted making them standard XMen books going by another name. Jean, Beast, Colossus in XForce, Rogue and Gambit in Excalibur. The series identities have been completely lost. I know familiar series names boost sales but still.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •