Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I wonder if Warner Bros will relook at Metal Men as either a live action or animated film. CGI has come a long way to make it possible and also the success of Transformers.

WE GOT A ROCAFORT VARIANT FOR #2! I WON ONE, MA!

https://twitter.com/Mitografia/statu...35858771259398

Completely ready to give DiDio my money and several liters of blood! HYPE!!!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    WE GOT A ROCAFORT VARIANT FOR #2! I WON ONE, MA!

https://twitter.com/Mitografia/statu...35858771259398

Completely ready to give DiDio my money and several liters of blood! HYPE!!!
    Shiny .

Platinum is looking very...Platinum .

I really enjoy Magnus and the Metal Men as quirky additions to stories and Events, and I thought Didio's OMAC was solid.....but I dunno if I'm dropping cash for this. I'll see what people have to say, check some previews.

I *hope* its great. I think this is the kind of oddball property where Didio's actually a good fit, creatively. But.....there's a lot of stuff on the stands I want to read. This will depend on how many books are in my pull box that week as well as how good it looks.

But if the word of mouth is good I'll definitely grab the trade if I don't grab the single issues.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Does Copper exist in the post-Rebirth universe? It would be good to have a second female member on the team.

In just one day, this comic book that's not up on Comixology is going to revolutionize the industry!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    Does Copper exist in the post-Rebirth universe? It would be good to have a second female member on the team.
    No, she was last seen in the Doom Patrol backup Pre-Flashpoint.

That Rocaforte variant is lovely. Welcome to my pull list

I'm really excited to see how this turns out, especially since Magnus is back to his old look. Didio loves these guys so I'm hoping he forgoes his usual trend to provide a more balanced narrative.

The first issue is great, go buy it! Or read this review first, which also calls it "great."

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...nts-are-there/

Here's a Newsarama article with Shane Davis:
    https://www.newsarama.com/47422-shan...metal-men.html

I wasn't thrilled about his comment that they're sticking to the MM each exhibiting one primary emotion all the time - that's one of the things that prevents me from liking them as much as I want to.

Nice interview. He really popped off on the art with Delecki and Wright, and it's wonderful that he's clearly put a lot of thought into how the team works and animates. I'm curious to see where they're going with Nth, but I also really wanna see that Platinum stuff!

First issue debuts on Comixology at a solid #20, which is surprisingly good. Such a conceptually rich modern take deserves it!

https://comixology.com/comics-best-sellers

If anyone's curious, the first issue is a completely Magnus-focused affair that gets into his head while setting up the new premise of the team and the catalyst for the plot and his new goal. And it references the Styx song.

I was overall impressed. I bow and swear fealty to my dark lord, DiDio. I await the second coming of his grace in four weeks.

Loved that room with the past versions of the Metal Men.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Fantastic Member

Looking forward to reading. I enjoyed 'Sideways' by Didio. I'm not gonna diss him coz it's fashionable. I liked the New52, yep mistakes, but a lot of great stuff. Hoping Metal Men proves to be good.

Kind of mixed myself.

SPOILERS

The good - The art is great, very emotive and the splash page of the metal men room is great, especially with the Copper cameo. I also like Magnus irriration at The metal men finding out about their creation AGAIN, his frustration with how many times its happened and how stale its gotten is great. Didio is good at writing this weirdly.

The Bad - First of all it ties in with Dark Knights Metal which isnt everyones cup of tea, its not a HUGE tie in but it still may annoy. The revelation of Magnus being a "Fraud" and the responsometres not actually granting sentience has been done before and its boring frankly, as a friend put it "Why cant they just let Magnus make cool robots" I get it raises the question of "Well why cant X make metalmen since their smarter then magnus" but it also ignores that DCs scientists arent all robotics focused. I also question the Nth Metal Man idea since it may just seem like a gary stu thing

Either way though its good to see the Metal Men back.

I like the retcon because it pushes the concept of the series more into A.I. fiction and not less, in contrast to stuff like their worst origin retcon.

I also like the GAS GANG cameo, but I wanna see David do 'em all

Excited for the lads to go to Robot Con in January. Red Tornado and Amazo cosplayers are a good sign.