Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I hope Cyborg makes an appearance
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Kind of mixed myself.

SPOILERS

The good - The art is great, very emotive and the splash page of the metal men room is great, especially with the Copper cameo. I also like Magnus irriration at The metal men finding out about their creation AGAIN, his frustration with how many times its happened and how stale its gotten is great. Didio is good at writing this weirdly.

The Bad - First of all it ties in with Dark Knights Metal which isnt everyones cup of tea, its not a HUGE tie in but it still may annoy. The revelation of Magnus being a "Fraud" and the responsometres not actually granting sentience has been done before and its boring frankly, as a friend put it "Why cant they just let Magnus make cool robots" I get it raises the question of "Well why cant X make metalmen since their smarter then magnus" but it also ignores that DCs scientists arent all robotics focused. I also question the Nth Metal Man idea since it may just seem like a gary stu thing

Either way though its good to see the Metal Men back.
    This honestly felt like tearing him down to build Magnus up later; I get the feeling the reveal is that in some way he was holding himself back and he's going to unlock the potential of the responsometer and give them true sentience, possibly from an epiphany he gets via interacting with the Nth Metal Man.

Didio not only said they're his favorites, but he also wrote them well in Wednesday comics and we've seen them appear in their own mini, a cofeature, a back up and all sorts of arc guest spots. I normally shit on him plenty but I don't think he's going to use this series as a way to ruin or leave them in a bad spot. My guess is that, for any real progress or development, Will needs to grow more than anyone; this is probably going to end with Will being less if a bastard than he is traditionally.

So far I'm in for the long haul. Point of interest: Tina isn't in those photos and he seems to view her differently than the rest. I wonder how Didio and Davis are going to deal with that.

DC is bringing back all of my old favorites. Metal Men, Freedom Fighters, JSA, LOSH and Doom Patrol. I just wish someone else would write the Doom Patrol though. Way needs to stick to Rock and Roll. He is no Morrison. All we need now is the All Star Squadron and I'll be real happy.

Very good first issue. Looks like this will not be simpler times and simpler days. Should be interesting with Nth metal in the mix. Looking forward to the next issue.

After reading the 2007 series I have to conclude that DC just love trying to put a twist on the origin of the responsometres. Which is cool and all but leaves us without much actual showcasing of long term heroics

This week, Nth found some interesting ways to make his presence known...

And joining everyone's favorite laser-shooting manta thing is another very good boy primed to return...

All while Platinum has her eyes on the REAL threat!

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

And while we have to wait until February for the conclusion of the boy's adventure at Robot Con with OMAC...

You'll only have to wait a month to get Cully Hamner's #3 variant!

https://twitter.com/CullyHamner/stat...83135620911111

And #2 did have a late preview, so I'll tell my agents to keep a sharper eye out.

https://screenrant.com/metal-men-dc-comics-nth-man/

Last edited by Snoop Dogg; 11-23-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Platinum just can't resist the Doc .

METAL MEN #6
    written by DAN DiDIO
    art by SHANE DAVIS
    cover by SHANE DAVIS and MICHELLE DELECKI
    variant cover by GEORGE PÉREZ
    After Platinum finds out that she is based on a real woman Magnus used to know in college, she sneaks away to search for her human counterpart…and learns the twisted reason for why she “loves” Magnus so much. Meanwhile, back at Magnus Mountain, Nth Metal Man seems to have some bigger plans of his own with someone else from the Dark Multiverse…

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Lets see these Metal Men again. Copper, Lithium, Magnesium, Silicon, Zirconium, and Aluminum.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Sorry for the moderate thread necro, but issue six just dropped and it looks like Will is finally alone. We've just hit the half-way mark. Am I the only one still reading this? The Metal Men are among my favorite deep cuts at DC and it's great being able to read their adventures again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Lets see these Metal Men again. Copper, Lithium, Magnesium, Silicon, Zirconium, and Aluminum.

I hope that these Metal Men have powers based on what they’re composed of. It kinda bothers me that the original Metal Men basically all have the same powers but just different personalities and “toughness”.

Would be cool if Magnesium could generate heat blasts, Copper is mailable, Lithium can fly and hold a charge, Silicon can control and shape silicon in the earth, Zirconium can become super strong and durable, and Aluminum can...turn into cans?!?
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-14-2020 at 08:38 PM.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I'm exited to read this in trade. DiDio as a writer was really underrated. I fondly remember his Metal Men feature in Wednesday Comics.