Default Does Vader's helmet still have some role to play?

The helmet figured heavily in concept art for The Force Awakens, and even was considered as part of the marketing for the film (It does show up in the second trailer but originally it was considered for teaser posters, figure box art etc).

In TFA we see Rey touching the Anakin/Luke saber which sets off a force vision. Some speculation has stated that perhaps a similar vision happened when Ben touched Vader's helmet, and that's what he's been referring to when he's saying "Show me the power of the dark side".

It's possible that part of Rise of Skywalker is set on Endor,(judging by the DS wreckage)....and presumabely that's where Ren recovered it from, unless Luke for some reason took it somewhere else after the pyre.

The helmet was last seen on Ren's destroyer The Finalizer, which was also seen in The Last Jedi (It's the ship Hux commands at the beginning of the film), but it's unclear if it was still onboard or even if the Finalizer was one of the ships that was destroyed. (The Finalizer's captain is seen on Ren's shuttle at the end of the film)

So I'm wondering if there might be more to the helmet in the grand scheme of things?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I don't think so, the second movie was a clear message about disconnect the classical trilogy from the new one, and kylo was all about killing the past so I do not think that we will have and old item in a pivotal role.

I doubt it. It would be a really weird disconnect from TLJ. Then again TLJ feels like a really wierd disconnect from TFA.

Reportedly a new scene with the helmet was shown in some of the footage from D23, but not in the trailer version that came out a few weeks ago.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth