Thread: Morlun vs. Hulk

Default Morlun vs. Hulk

Lets try this again. Since Tombstone was a terrible matchup lol.

616 comics. Arena. No BFR.

1: Savage Hulk.

2: Classic She Hulk.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Hulk destroys Morlun.

Morlun busting up adamantium was only in one story and while his general showings are comfortably above Tombstone, they're still way behov a true classic 100 like the Hulk.

And trying to absorb energy from the Hulk would be a colossally bad idea on Morlun's end.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Hulk destroys Morlun.

Morlun busting up adamantium was only in one story and while his general showings are comfortably above Tombstone, they're still way behov a true classic 100 like the Hulk.

And trying to absorb energy from the Hulk would be a colossally bad idea on Morlun's end.
    So, you feel the Adamantium thing was SMvFL?

Isn't he way faster than Hulk if nothing else?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

Isn't he way faster than Hulk if nothing else?
    he is faster than the hulk easily, but he doesn't really have a way to beat him since he can't touch him. and we know how morlun reacts to the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    he is faster than the hulk easily, but he doesn't really have a way to beat him since he can't touch him. and we know how morlun reacts to the stuff.
    Again, maybe I have my facts messed up, but I thought the radiation would only come into play if he actively tried absorbing his energy? I was pretty sure he could lay hands on the guy otherwise?
    - big_adventure

Again, maybe I have my facts messed up, but I thought the radiation would only come into play if he actively tried absorbing his energy? I was pretty sure he could lay hands on the guy otherwise?
    just coming into physical contact with morlun causes him to absorb radiation. after he touched peter when he injected himself with radiation was enough to cause him pain. then peter went on the attack, hitting him with punches and caused him to try to flee. after that first hit, it was pretty clear that morlun didn't want to absorb anything from peter at that point but he was still absorbing radiation with each punch.

there are many strong characters morlun can take.

But i don't think hulk is one of em.

While morlun can easily dodge the hulk or get away (and thunder claps really shouldn't do anything to the guy), eventually he gets taken out. super regeneration and gamma radiation really seals the deal to.

and considering that it was a relatively small amount of radiation that messed him up in that fight with peter, i'd imagine that a graze from the hulk would be enough to either knock him into a coma or just straight up kill him.

Extraordinary Member

Kinda yeah.

His more consistent showings have him being way strongar than several spider-powered characters, it's far between that and tearing through an adamantium net. He doesn't replicate the adamantium thing or anything on that level of strength anywhere else AFAIK.
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    just coming into physical contact with morlun causes him to absorb radiation. after he touched peter when he injected himself with radiation was enough to cause him pain. then peter went on the attack, hitting him with punches and caused him to try to flee. after that first hit, it was pretty clear that morlun didn't want to absorb anything from peter at that point but he was still absorbing radiation with each punch.
    And at the end of Spider-verse, Morlun and his family are dumped on an earth with high amounts of radiation. They have to book it to the only available shelter, otherwise all they died quickly from all the radiation they absorb. Which to me points that they can't turn it off.

Arrow

Hulk easily defeats Morlun, IMO. While Morlun is uber tough in his own right, he has no answer to Hulk's gamma rage ability (no upper limit to Hulk's strength) nor to Hulk's near invulnerability.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-27-2019 at 09:25 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."