Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I do love it when a villain established firmly in a hero's rogues gallery fights a different hero altogether.

It should be noted that in the same storyline, Morlun survived a vibranium-tipped missile.
    Didn’t he walk off a nuke or something? Which is prollee an outlier, but still... Tombstone don’t want none of Morlun.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Didn’t he walk off a nuke or something? Which is prollee an outlier, but still... Tombstone don’t want none of Morlun.
    Sort of.

The missiles Cyke is mentioning are the same as what you're thinking of. For you see. They were "Vibranium Core Nuclear-Tipped Shells".

And they fired a ton of them at him, I'm pretty sure they didn't even destroy his trousers.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Sort of.

The missiles Cyke is mentioning are the same as what you're thinking of. For you see. They were "Vibranium Core Nuclear-Tipped Shells".

And they fired a ton of them at him, I'm pretty sure they didn't even destroy his trousers.
    Unstable molecules!

Amnesia Dust!

Anyway, for the rumble, yeah, Lonnie is VERY outclassed here. Morlun survives vibranium/nuclear missiles. Peter only manages to even hurt the guy when he mutates and develops some other tools to fight with. The rest of the time, Morlun is just toying with him, including plucking out one of Peter's eyes and eating it as a snack faster than Peter can react while Peter is in mid-rage-blitz and thinks he's finally winning against the guy.
    Last edited by big_adventure; 07-16-2019 at 03:04 AM.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

LOL misread this thread as Morbius vs Tombstone.. that would be a lot closer.

In the spider-verse Morlun and his kin kill cosmic powered hero's like captain universe, various avenger line-ups and fantastic four line-ups, so i don't see how this is a fight.

he is class 100, and faster then spider-man.

And yea he can drain totem heros , and cosmic powered heroes, and hell even some sort of spider-god thingie. his only real weakness is negative power like radioactivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post

In the spider-verse Morlun and his kin kill cosmic powered hero's like captain universe, various avenger line-ups and fantastic four line-ups, so i don't see how this is a fight.

And yea he can drain totem heros , and cosmic powered heroes, and hell even some sort of spider-god thingie. his only real weakness is negative power like radioactivity.
    Except from Wakanda, I guess.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Except from Wakanda, I guess.

Yea not sure how that works, but the radioactive is consistent , its the way spider-man beat him the first time, and also the way he and his family got beaten the last time, by being dimension dumped in a earth that had a nuclear apocalypse.

maybe its the initial blast that he can easily take? not an expert in nukes.

But the fact that we’re debating how he tanks nukes at all means we can stick a fork in this Rumble.

Yeah, I've made a terrible mistake.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Ultimate Member

Yeah, i thought i mis-read but i also remember reading somewhere that Morlun was a class 100.

I think he's out of Lonnie's weight class.

Only one point of clarification: the Inheritors could kill Captain Universe because his Uni-Force was tied to the lifeforce of the universe. It's like trying to beat Kirby by throwing cakes at him.

So because of that weakness, it was easier for them to kill Captain Universe than it was to kill other weaker, non-cosmic heroes.

Yup thats correct, my apologies if it looks like i was implying that without their essence sucking they are stronger than cosmic beings.

But still, any positive power source gives them the abillity to drain it, power cosmic, enigmaforce, animal totems etc. Aside from that they also seem just very damned strong durable and fast.:

Doc Ock Spider-man coming up with a device to stop one of them, didnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Yeah, I've made a terrible mistake.
    I know what it's like to lose...

Extraordinary Member

Regarding Captain Universe vs. the Inheritors. Only Solus, the big bad dad of the Inheritors, had any chance against Captain Spidey. The others didn't even dare go near that dimension without their daddy.

And when Miles got the Engima force he stayed out Solus' reach and thus evened the playing field since Solus needed direct contact to absorb the energy.

Morlun is way above Lonnie's paygrade (even if his showings against adamantium are somewhat of and outlier if you ask me), but he's got nothing on somebody with the Engima force backing them up.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

Think I'm gonna call SvF on that.