Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Regarding Captain Universe vs. the Inheritors. Only Solus, the big bad dad of the Inheritors, had any chance against Captain Spidey. The others didn't even dare go near that dimension without their daddy.
    Unless i'm remembering it wrong, i don't think they were scared of cosmic spidey.

Solus says captain universe spidey may be too much for his children to absorb, but seeing how morlun threats the other cosmics i'm not too sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Unless i'm remembering it wrong, i don't think they were scared of cosmic spidey.

Solus says captain universe spidey may be too much for his children to absorb, but seeing how morlun threats the other cosmics i'm not too sure.
    Well, similar to another point made above, the fact that we're talking about Morlun and the Inheritors vs. cosmics in the first place renders Tombstone moot in this thread. Funny how that happens.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I thought that was only for animal totem dudes? I thought it was a specific thing.
    No. Morlun and his kin can drain the life-force of any biological life-form. They just prefer Totems because they provide a far richer energy reserve. Morlun himself has described it as the difference between eating really good food (Totems) and poor quality food (non-Totems).

So yes, while he prefers not to feed on non-Totems he can do so if he chooses.

Incredible Member

Yea not sure how that works, but the radioactive is consistent , its the way spider-man beat him the first time, and also the way he and his family got beaten the last time, by being dimension dumped in a earth that had a nuclear apocalypse.

maybe its the initial blast that he can easily take? not an expert in nukes.
    As I understand it Spiderman injected himself with radioactive fluid so that when Morlun tried to drain his power he poisoned himself because the life-force was contaminated. Basically you have to trick him into absorbing the "harmful" energy like how Spiderman did. If he doesn't absorb the radiation he's unaffected.

Extraordinary Member

How he treats one other cosmic type character in an alternate universe without us seeing how strong that version of the character is.

Morlun is absolutely stronger than Tombstone. But put him up against a proper cosmic character with cosmic style feats like Silver Surfer and I'm going to back the cosmic character 100% of the time.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    As I understand it Spiderman injected himself with radioactive fluid so that when Morlun tried to drain his power he poisoned himself because the life-force was contaminated. Basically you have to trick him into absorbing the "harmful" energy like how Spiderman did. If he doesn't absorb the radiation he's unaffected.
    peter normally has to have outside help and/or good prep to handle morlun. other times, dude hands peter his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    How he treats one other cosmic type character in an alternate universe without us seeing how strong that version of the character is.

Morlun is absolutely stronger than Tombstone. But put him up against a proper cosmic character with cosmic style feats like Silver Surfer and I'm going to back the cosmic character 100% of the time.
    Silver surfer notices his vulnerablilty to radioactivity and easily destroys morlun on the best day of his life.
    Unless surfer just stands there for a few minutes and does nothing murlun aint touching him. So no arguement here.

Incredible Member

Silver surfer notices his vulnerablilty to radioactivity and easily destroys morlun on the best day of his life.
    Unless surfer just stands there for a few minutes and does nothing murlun aint touching him. So no arguement here.
    As I explained previously Morlun's "vulnerablilty to radioactivity" requires him to be somehow tricked into absorbing it (like how Spiderman injected himself with radioactive fluid, thus contaminating his life-force). If he doesn't absorb it, radioactivity isn't really a problem for him.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read
    peter normally has to have outside help and/or good prep to handle morlun. other times, dude hands peter his ass.
    Exactly. And even with prep the plan he came up with was highly risky. He injected himself with the radioactive fluid and then basically stood there thinking "I hope Morlun catches up before this stuff kills me."
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 07-24-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    As I explained previously Morlun's "vulnerablilty to radioactivity" requires him to be somehow tricked into absorbing it (like how Spiderman injected himself with radioactive fluid, thus contaminating his life-force). If he doesn't absorb it, radioactivity isn't really a problem for him.

Exactly. And even with prep the plan he came up with was highly risky. He injected himself with the radioactive fluid and then basically stood there thinking "I hope Morlun catches up before this stuff kills me."
    When they got dumped in a nuclear devastated world didnt they freak out and had to flee to a bunker to prevent from dying?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm pretty sure that Morlun still has a vulnerability to like, 99% of the powers of your average cosmic character. Like, tearing adamantium is nice and all, but can he resist having his blood transmuted into marshmallow fluff?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Morlun still has a vulnerability to like, 99% of the powers of your average cosmic character. Like, tearing adamantium is nice and all, but can he resist having his blood transmuted into marshmallow fluff?
    This is true. The real threat behind the Inheritors was more that they could traverse the multiverse seemingly at will (the Web of Life) and they would come back from death in an instant (because of their clone factory).

For the purposes of Rumbles, the first death is the KO. And with that in mind, the overall threat is greatly reduced.

(I still love that Tombstone's essentially been evicted out of his own thread so that we can talk about Morlun vs. cosmics. You're small scale, Lonnie! This is the big leagues!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    This is true. The real threat behind the Inheritors was more that they could traverse the multiverse seemingly at will (the Web of Life) and they would come back from death in an instant (because of their clone factory).

For the purposes of Rumbles, the first death is the KO. And with that in mind, the overall threat is greatly reduced.

(I still love that Tombstone's essentially been evicted out of his own thread so that we can talk about Morlun vs. cosmics. You're small scale, Lonnie! This is the big leagues!)

a cosmic blast to the face from cosmic spider can also kill them. seems they can't absorb the blast itself like a dbz android.