Default Surtur vs. Karathen

Surtur
    (MCU)

vs.

Karathen
    (DCEU)

It is Surtur's destiny to destroy Asgard. Unfortunately for the Fire Giant, it appears he took a hard right somewhere along the way and stumbled upon Atlantis instead. But before Surtur could destroy the underwater kingdom, the fabled Karathen arrives to defend it. Who wins in this battle of titans?

-Rules-

1) Surtur is at Full Power.

2) The battlefield is Atlantis.

3) Aquaman and Atlantis cannot interfere in this battle...

...UNLESS it is entirely one-sided in Surtur's favor, then Aquaman and his Atlantean armies will come to the Karathen's aid. Can they shift the tide (no pun intended) of battle?

S... Surtur. Yeah. Surtur.

Being underwater whilst being a creature of pure fire and energy might briefly disorent and inconvenience him, but it should hardly be the deciding factor.

This is like if my 4 year old fought me, but I had sand in my eyes. He might get some hits in while I shake it off, but ultimately there is just no chance.*

Surtur is over double the Karathens height** just judging him against Hela's blade platform. One good strike from his landmass shattering sword should cleave the Karathen wide open.

I don't think adding the Atlanteans changes much. If he was fighting conventionally... maybe? Wear him down at range with artillery while the Karathen/water combo tie him up? He wasnt suuuper durable beyond his total size thing imo. BUT! He can probably just unleash a smaller version of his Asgard killing AoE strike to wipe everyone out. If he's just barely alive, he still wins.

*child violence is bad. I dont do it or condone it lol

** Yes I know there is a "5 mile long" estimate of the Karathen online, but that's clearly not true from just watching it. Unless it's counting every inch of tentacle all stretched out or something. Oh no. I made a comment with tentacles and inches in it. Cthulhu will be here shortly!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Surtur is over double the Karathens height** just judging him against Hela's blade platform. One good strike from his landmass shattering sword should cleave the Karathen wide open.
    Maybe? I'm still on the fence mainly because the Karathen was durable enough to survive a trip from the Earth's Core to the rising out of the lava pits to defy Ocean Master's army. She's easily one of the most powerful DCEU characters. But maybe you're right about Surtur being able to slice her in two.

*child violence is bad. I dont do it or condone it lol
    I was wondering where you were going with this.

** Yes I know there is a "5 mile long" estimate of the Karathen online, but that's clearly not true from just watching it. Unless it's counting every inch of tentacle all stretched out or something. Oh no. I made a comment with tentacles and inches in it. Cthulhu will be here shortly!
    Yeah, Cthulhu and Karathen used to date. Last I checked their relationship didn't end on good terms.

I actually think the Karathen is more durable then Surtur. But yeaaahh... his sword was tossing out damage in excess of what she took imo. If he's putting even a fraction of his Asgard killing explosion into the thing at least. Maybe she tanks one or two "normal" hits before falling.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I win. After I thrash the lot of you for destroying my front yard. Y'all just rude.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Is Surtur much bigger than Godzilla, Ghidora, Cloverfield and the kaijus from Pacific Rim?

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Is Surtur much bigger than Godzilla, Ghidora, Cloverfield and the kaijus from Pacific Rim?
    Yeah. Admittedly, it's all eye balling, but he's between 2-3x most of those guys imo.
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Yeah, massively hugely gigantically bigger. He's multiple times the size of the palace in Asgard. He be real big.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan