Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Could earth 2 have returned to orignal earth two version after rebirth?

Since we haven't seen earth 2 since rebirth is it possible ot has returned to something like pre flashpoint self.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    Since we haven't seen earth 2 since rebirth is it possible ot has returned to something like pre flashpoint self.
    Anything is possible. I honestly feel like you have a better shot of original pre crisis Earth 2 returning than New 52 Earth 2 at this point.

Its definitely possible since we know whenever the main Earth changes, other Earth's can and often do change as well. That said I wouldn't really see the point of going back to either known Earth 2. Pre-Crisis E-Two is rather derivative now as that's the direction the main verse has been going in, older heroes with families. New 52 Earth 2 wouldn't make much sense as they're gonna want to capitalize on the original JSA coming back, at least for a while. And we know that JSA is going to call the main Earth home again.

In crack theory terms, I'm still holding onto my theory that one day it will be revealed that the main Earth is pre-Crisis Earth-Two, altered in the also altered Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Could it? Sure, anything's possible.

Most of the Earth-Two character fans on this board have a variety of ideas and desires regarding a recreated Earth Two. Generally though, most of the ideas go with an older JSA and kids (Infinity, Inc). The combined Justice Society Infinity is also mentioned.

Will DC? I'm not sure, but based on Hawkman and Dr Fate stories (or whatever's happening in Fate's JL stuff), those characters are firmly entrenched on the DC Main Earth (whatever it's called this year). Alan Scott's Lanern exists on this main Earth as well. But many writer's are capable of coming up with a story to recreate the old Earth Two and transfer characters over. Still, it would be a lot of rabbits coming out of hats to make that happen and unless DC sticks with it for the foreseeable future, that story would go to waste.

They could, I think they probably won't.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

The New 52 version of Earth 2 was pretty much destroyed.
    It started out pretty well, but it got dark REAL quick. Taylor was really getting his Injustice vibe on.

I'd be infinitely happier if the real Earth 2 returned.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

The New 52 Earth 2 characters showed up in the last issue of JL. They’re still canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The New 52 Earth 2 characters showed up in the last issue of JL. They’re still canon.
    Didn't read that issue, but were they an actual, involved part of the story, or were they a scene in a drawing and not directly mentioned?
    (Don't know if it was an artist's Easter egg that will never be referenced again or something that will be considered "canon" for the future.)

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    The New 52 version of Earth 2 was pretty much destroyed.
    It started out pretty well, but it got dark REAL quick. Taylor was really getting his Injustice vibe on.

I'd be infinitely happier if the real Earth 2 returned.
    oh it was definitely destroyed. We left them on a new world fighting the good fight.

I would be surprised if it came back anytime soon.

Plus the hints at some of the old guard being close have popped up a few times. I expect we get the old JSA and I would strongly prefer them on another earth.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    . . . Plus the hints at some of the old guard being close have popped up a few times. I expect we get the old JSA and I would strongly prefer them on another earth.
    I'm not holding my breathe expecting DC to go that route . . .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    oh it was definitely destroyed. We left them on a new world fighting the good fight.

I would be surprised if it came back anytime soon.

Plus the hints at some of the old guard being close have popped up a few times. I expect we get the old JSA and I would strongly prefer them on another earth.
    Wasn't this the original plan for Earth-2 (when Robinson was around)? And then the geniuses at DC editorial instead wanted younger ultimatized versions of the JSA for broader audience appeal?
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 07-16-2019 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Wasn't this the original plan for Earth-2 (when Robinson was around)? And then the geniuses at DC editorial instead wanted younger ultimatized versions of the JSA for broader audience appeal?
    I've read this also, but nothing official. The added reliance (for a while the whole book) focused on the Supes and Bats casts when Robinson's intention ws to use heroes without relying on the Trinity heroes. A supposed future plan was to bring them to the main Earth after destroying Earth 2.

They ended up left on a revamped Earth after miraculous happenings in Convergence and the last few issues of E2: Society. There was a fairly defined but unofficial team there. The Earth 2 heroes actually were pretty good updated versions of the original Golden Age heroes updated for the 21st century. Personalities and roles seemed pretty straight forward. If an older "original JSA comes back, then the old and young combination could make for a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I've read this also, but nothing official. The added reliance (for a while the whole book) focused on the Supes and Bats casts when Robinson's intention ws to use heroes without relying on the Trinity heroes. A supposed future plan was to bring them to the main Earth after destroying Earth 2.

They ended up left on a revamped Earth after miraculous happenings in Convergence and the last few issues of E2: Society. There was a fairly defined but unofficial team there. The Earth 2 heroes actually were pretty good updated versions of the original Golden Age heroes updated for the 21st century. Personalities and roles seemed pretty straight forward. If an older "original JSA comes back, then the old and young combination could make for a good story.
    Yes, that is where the series ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    For now, but as continuities in comics are pretty flexible, any retcon could change earth to to something more similar to the previous reality, but it will never the same.
    However I will not be upset if we get an JSA in the main earth and a JSA in another earth. Maybe an earth were they vere retired and continued into adventures, meanwhile in the main earth they went into retirement or hidding.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

I've written it many times before, but I'd like the JSA Infinity Earth 2 from Johns' JSA run to return via two ongoing series and a mini.

All Star Squadron set in WW2
    JSA Infinity set now
    After 1-2 years of giving hints here and there, a 4 or 6 issue mini-series covering how the Golden Age heroes and their spouses are active now, but still have the appearance and vitality of their late 40s/early 50s at most.

The Infinity Inc legacies would be 20-25 years old. This Earth would essentially be pre-Crisis, so it'd have a retired Superman, a retired Wonder Woman, and a married but now dead Batman & Catwoman. Many of the golden agers would be reserve members, as Atom Smasher, Jade, Obsidian, Power Girl, Huntress and the rest would have be on the team in their place.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

If we're back to a truly infinite multiverse than not only is it possible, it's pretty much a guaranteed certainty. Now, whether or not we'll ever actually see them again remains to be seen. I don't think DC takes enough advantage of the multiverse as they should. They could do an Earth 2 style Earth but also have it take place at whatever point in history the reader wants it to. WW2. The early eighties with Infinity Inc. Whatever. I would like to see them expand outside the traditional 52 Earths.
    Assassinate Putin!

Indeed. A multiverse means several earths. Even if DC take the concept of the bleed from Wildstorm, the could go with the whole "snowflake" idea and have multiverse of theoretical 196.833 realities.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin