Default Rocket Raccoon and Groot in MCU movies

Does this duo from the MCU movies remind anyone of Timon and Pumba from Lion King. I watched lion king yesterday, I could not stop thinking of Rocket and Groot anytime Timon and Pumba where on screen. Is that just a coincidence or did Disney do that on purpose.

Yes it’s the same thing. Disney told James Gunn to make them like Timon and Pumbaa because reasons. You really cracked the case here.

You already brought this up in an existing thread I dont think a new one is nessecary. Also Timone and Pumba are comic relief Rocket ans Groot are the heart of those movies. Dont get me wrong timone and Pumba are great but they arent making anyone cry and do anything other then laugh. I hear Timone and Pumba steal the show in the new movie so I'm excited to see that but a little hesitant because I know cgi animals that look that real arent gonna emote well in the face. Pumba and timone seem to emote through they're voices and body language pretty well in the trailers. So I'm trying to stay optamistic. Needless to say even if I hate this movie I'm guessing it's a done deal that this movie wins some Oscar's Technical achievements. Also heard Rafiki has a small small part. Shame. Because hes the one aninal who should be able to emote really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    You already brought this up in an existing thread I dont think a new one is nessecary. Also Timone and Pumba are comic relief Rocket ans Groot are the heart of those movies. Dont get me wrong timone and Pumba are great but they arent making anyone cry and do anything other then laugh. I hear Timone and Pumba steal the show in the new movie so I'm excited to see that but a little hesitant because I know cgi animals that look that real arent gonna emote well in the face. Pumba and timone seem to emote through they're voices and body language pretty well in the trailers. So I'm trying to stay optamistic. Needless to say even if I hate this movie I'm guessing it's a done deal that this movie wins some Oscar's Technical achievements. Also heard Rafiki has a small small part. Shame. Because hes the one aninal who should be able to emote really well.
    Lion King was a big heart felt movie, every single good character had funny and heartfelt moments. timon and pumba were important to simba's life, they saved him from death and made him live again. the similarities has to do with the best friend duo who uses a lot of humour in everything. For you timon and pumba were the heart of GOTG , another person may see it differently but there is a common agreement that both characters serve as the main humour relief characters in GOTG as much as timon and pumba in lion king. I knew I had seen raccoon and groot from somewhere before , it took me 5 years to realise they were already in another Disney movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Lion King was a big heart felt movie, every single good character had funny and heartfelt moments. timon and pumba were important to simba's life, they saved him from death and made him live again. the similarities has to do with the best friend duo who uses a lot of humour in everything. For you timon and pumba were the heart of GOTG , another person may see it differently but there is a common agreement that both characters serve as the main humour relief characters in GOTG as much as timon and pumba in lion king. I knew I had seen raccoon and groot from somewhere before , it took me 5 years to realise they were already in another Disney movie.
    Lol umm no that isnt an agreement Star Lord is the main comic relief and the butt of every joke. And the writer/Director Gunn has said Rocket is the heart of the franchise and plans to make him the main focus of Vol 3. Seems like your seeing Them as being a funny bestfriend Duo and that somehow makes them Timone and Pumba? How? What about Dumb and Dumbers are they Timone and Pumba? Harold and Kumar? Korg and Miek?

Also that Dynamic lasted one movie. A big part of Vol 2 was about Fathers and sons and how Each of the Male Guardians played a role as a father figure to baby Groot. Rocket is now his father figure not his buddy.

But yea not really seeing the connection at all.

BANNED

Even if this were "true", what would make it a bad thing?

Wait, wait, wait...C3PO and R2D2 are Timone and Pumba too!