Page 3 of 336 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Good question, they are showing they aren't scared to put Cena in the midcard.
    If HHH is off the show i bet Bryan main events.
    but HHH can't be off the show, now he needs to establish evolution as a dominant heel stable they way he had to establish the authority. fuk you'd think after all these years he'd be established by now but i guess not.

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i wonder how often brianson will truly main event as champion?? will they cm punk him??
    There's certainly less opportunity for that with only one title.

Besides, I think everyone's ignoring that DBry already had his "weak champ" title run where he was totally not the focus of anything, which was what led up to his 18 second loss. It feels like decades ago, but that whole deal is in the past. Right now, I think he's going to get an honest chance to sink or swim. Kane's his opponent because they need to feed someone to Bryan before they really start threatening his title run (and I suspect that we're seeing Kane's last run right now).
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

^^^^^

Yeah really what viable direction in ring will Kane have anymore after he loses? A final match with 'Taker seems very unlikely at present and would be months off anyway. Kane might be able to fill in for his "Brother" vs Sting but at this point that match would be God awful.

I don't see too many young studs that would desperately need a put over from him and are also likely to be unoccupied in the very near future.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

BANNED

Well , depending on where they go with Cesaro. If he turns face , Kane can be used as a stepping stone. Same with Reigns if he breaks out into singles.

Veteran Member

but HHH can't be off the show, now he needs to establish evolution as a dominant heel stable they way he had to establish the authority. fuk you'd think after all these years he'd be established by now but i guess not.
    Shit man, i almost forgot. Bryan WILL main event, HHH needs his win back still.
    Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    There's certainly less opportunity for that with only one title.

Besides, I think everyone's ignoring that DBry already had his "weak champ" title run where he was totally not the focus of anything, which was what led up to his 18 second loss. It feels like decades ago, but that whole deal is in the past. Right now, I think he's going to get an honest chance to sink or swim. Kane's his opponent because they need to feed someone to Bryan before they really start threatening his title run (and I suspect that we're seeing Kane's last run right now).
    when punk was champ they didn't even use the other title for main events and his smackdown title run doesn't really count.

anyways i hope you're right, but after kane what does brianson do, how are they not in the same position next month they are now??

Veteran Member

when punk was champ they didn't even use the other title for main events and his smackdown title run doesn't really count.

anyways i hope you're right, but after kane what does brianson do, how are they not in the same position next month they are now??
    He can wrestle Orton again i guess, but i don't think he's dropping that belt until summerslam and i don't see why he needs to be orton again since he has sort of beat him like 6 times already (didnt get the belt, but he did technically beat him multiple times before mania).
    They can't do Cena because Cena would have to win, Bray again is a risk because Bray would have to win i would think and they already did that match.
    They need to elevate someone quickly. Sheamus is probably going to turn soon, that's an option. Or Barrett, or Cesaro, but those 2 need work.

Veteran Member

Or, yknow, they could promise Punk whatever he wants and bring him back to wrestle bryan.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    He can wrestle Orton again i guess, but i don't think he's dropping that belt until summerslam and i don't see why he needs to be orton again since he has sort of beat him like 6 times already (didnt get the belt, but he did technically beat him multiple times before mania).
    They can't do Cena because Cena would have to win, Bray again is a risk because Bray would have to win i would think and they already did that match.
    They need to elevate someone quickly. Sheamus is probably going to turn soon, that's an option. Or Barrett, or Cesaro, but those 2 need work.
    and that's what i mean, who can brianson face that should main event a PPV for the next couple of months until summerslam?? and is kane vs brianson really the blowoff to the authority vs brianson??

Is it a sin to say I don't inherently mind Trips being involved as he is at present? Segments centered around just Orton and especially Batista aren't that appealing at this point in time.

Evolution really could have used a "future" member. As long as they don't have him though HHH being heavily involved is pretty much a must if they are going to effectively oppose The Shield.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

And yes if Punk came back and was a heel, he would be perfect vs Bryan imo. Hell Angle would be good if it were possible, but it's not.

So, speaking of Bryan opponents - I read some news yesterday that Batista is leaving for a period to promote Guardians of the Galaxy and WWE planned for his final match to be at Payback against Bryan. Batista apparently refused to do this match, saying that being beaten by someone smaller than him twice (tapping at WM and then) would damage his credibility...

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    Is it a sin to say I don't inherently mind Trips being involved as he is at present? Segments centered around just Orton and especially Batista aren't that appealing at this point in time.
    i guess it needless to say i don't think HHH adds any appeal to a fruitista/orton segment, especially if orton & fruitista weren't reverted into the 2005 versions of themselves. kind of funny that they're called "evolution" when you think about it as they've actually devolved into their current state.

Evolution really could have used a "future" member. As long as they don't have him though HHH being heavily involved is pretty much a must if they are going to effectively oppose The Shield.
    that's incredibly easy problem to solve there but they'd have to write HHH out or have him take a beackseat, something they and by they i mean he is not willing to do.

if you think about it, HHH/orton/fruitista vs reigns/rollins/ambrose is a hell of a mismatch, have the shield put HHH on the sideline and take your pick of young guy to join evolution and it's much more fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    So, speaking of Bryan opponents - I read some news yesterday that Batista is leaving for a period to promote Guardians of the Galaxy and WWE planned for his final match to be at Payback against Bryan. Batista apparently refused to do this match, saying that being beaten by someone smaller than him twice (tapping at WM and then) would damage his credibility...
    he has a point, especially if he was promised a title reign and all that.

i guess it needless to say i don't think HHH adds any appeal to a fruitista/orton segment, especially if orton & fruitista weren't reverted into the 2005 versions of themselves. kind of funny that they're called "evolution" when you think about it as they've actually devolved into their current state.
    Agree, particularly Batista who in every way is at best a lite version of his former self. And in some ways a virtual shell.

that's incredibly easy problem to solve there but they'd have to write HHH out or have him take a beackseat, something they and by they i mean he is not willing to do.

if you think about it, HHH/orton/fruitista vs reigns/rollins/ambrose is a hell of a mismatch, have the shield put HHH on the sideline and take your pick of young guy to join evolution and it's much more fair.
    Eh, not so sure at this juncture if you mean Evo >>> Shield. You've got a young trio of badasses who have few titles by comparison. But they have not been around anywhere near as long, so that is understandable. The crowds seem to buy The Shield as legit foes and they have been quite impressive for the time they have had.

As you said, Evolution are not what they once were. You've got two guys who are part timers. One of whom came back out of shape and gets blown all but walking to the ring. Dave went from the most impressive physical specimen to arguably the least I'd say. Evolution is largely going on past glory, character influence, and reps vs a trio that is being sold as more spectacular, athletic, and the future.

But I would not inherently have an issue with sidelining Trips if the right guy were plugged in. Barrett though doesn't need them anymore if handled well as is. He has a great gimmick himself. Cesaro as is doesn't really fit. Bray certainly does not. You don't want a lower level guy in their. I mean, I wanted Miz and Swagger to get better chances than they did overall but they are history at this point as anything but job material. Ziggler might have been able to. But that required set up that they no longer have time for.

Hypothetically, having Batista step aside would probably suit me more. I see less value in him than Hunter at this point. But if the info by Austin316 above is accurate, he apparently would not job to Bryan. Which would make removing him pointless.