Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
  1. #16
    Incredible Member Chubistian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    First obscure girlfriend that comes to mind if Debra Whitman. I know that she was covered in Spectacular, too, along with the other supporting cast at ESU. Pretty good span of story-telling there.

    The odd thing is that Gwen was barely mentioned in any other title than ASM, after her death. But she was mentioned the most, as I recall, in MTU.
    I found the girlfriend I was refering (she's mentioned in a Hardcover I own, but I don't remember if she appeared in the issues of MTU that I've read), her name was Priscilla Ironwood (or Cissy Ironwood). She appeared in 6 issues according to Marvel.Fandom, so she wasn't really relevant
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

    "We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

  2. #17
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I found the girlfriend I was refering (she's mentioned in a Hardcover I own, but I don't remember if she appeared in the issues of MTU that I've read), her name was Priscilla Ironwood (or Cissy Ironwood). She appeared in 6 issues according to Marvel.Fandom, so she wasn't really relevant
    Cissy Ironwood was a Gwen Stacy lookalike. A shame that she's one of Peter's forgotten love interests.

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I found the girlfriend I was refering (she's mentioned in a Hardcover I own, but I don't remember if she appeared in the issues of MTU that I've read), her name was Priscilla Ironwood (or Cissy Ironwood). She appeared in 6 issues according to Marvel.Fandom, so she wasn't really relevant
    She appeared exclusively in Marvel Team-Up, as well as an issue of the Claremont/ Byrne run on the X-Men, so she did make an appearance in the best Marvel run ever.

  4. #19
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    5,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    She appeared exclusively in Marvel Team-Up, as well as an issue of the Claremont/ Byrne run on the X-Men, so she did make an appearance in the best Marvel run ever.
    Well THAT is quite a bold statement, Mister Mets! But one I happen to agree with.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

  5. #20
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    She appeared exclusively in Marvel Team-Up, as well as an issue of the Claremont/ Byrne run on the X-Men, so she did make an appearance in the best Marvel run ever.
    A shame that Crissy never appeared in the regular Spider-Man titles. And an even greater shame that Marvel Team-Up was not used as a testing ground to see which characters would fit into the world of Spider-Man on a reoccurring basis as The Black Cat.

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    A shame that Crissy never appeared in the regular Spider-Man titles. And an even greater shame that Marvel Team-Up was not used as a testing ground to see which characters would fit into the world of Spider-Man on a reoccurring basis as The Black Cat.
    It had the least focus on Peter's private life since he had to share story space with guest-starrs.

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It had the least focus on Peter's private life since he had to share story space with guest-stars.
    Those elements from MTU could had been transfer over to Amazing Spider-Man or Spectacular Spider-Man. This could have allowed outside characters like Brian Braddock, Tigra, and Black Widow to make a reoccurring appearance in those books. I see MTU as a testing ground to see which characters would fit into Spider-Man's world as well as Peter's social circles. There were several heroes and villains who could have diversify ASM or SSM in a way that would get readers involved who would otherwise not read Spider-Man and vice versa, like Captain Britain adventures.

    Jean dewolf was one of the few MTU characters to make the transition into Spider-Man's world. I wished that Brian Braddock was one of them since he was Peter's roommate at ESU. This could have led to Brian being one of Peter's best friends..
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-14-2019 at 07:45 PM.

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Those elements from MTU could had been transfer over to Amazing Spider-Man or Spectacular Spider-Man. This could have allowed outside characters like Brian Braddock, Tigra, and Black Widow to make a reoccurring appearance in those books. I see MTU as a testing ground to see which characters would fit into Spider-Man's world as well as Peter's social circles. There were several heroes and villains who could have diversify ASM or SSM in a way that would get readers involved who would otherwise not read Spider-Man and vice versa, like Captain Britain adventures.

    Jean dewolf was one of the few MTU characters to make the transition into Spider-Man's world. I wished that Brian Braddock was one of them since he was Peter's roommate at ESU. This could have led to Brian being one of Peter's best friends..
    They were probably worried it would make Amazing Spider-Man less accessible to new readers, and change the dynamic of the book when so much of Peter's private life involves superheroes.

  9. #24
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    87

    Default

    The infamous "Cissy Ironwood Saga" (sarcasm) is told in MTU#80, 81 and Annual 12. That's basically the most important thing happened to Peter Parker in that volume.


    MTU has a lot of iconic moments (Spider-Man going toe to toe with the likes of Namor and Vision), but the stories told there were basically Spider-Man doing promos and commercials for the (often) less cool ally of the day.

  10. #25
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Despite MTU mostly being a Spider-Man book, the purpose was almost always to spotlight the guest star. If anything was going to happen of consequence, it was going to be to the guest-star.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •