Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, if a try another series by him and I don't like that one, either, I'll really feel like I've wasted my time trying it!

Besides, my tastes often don't match up with others here . . . that's why I'm barely buying any new stuff these days, and the few things I have liked don't seem to last long. So the simple answer is, I have no reason why I would want to try this new book. (The fact that I'm also not as enamored with Hitch's artwork as others seem to be doesn't help, either.)
    Without trying to get into your business, just how do your tastes run if they don't match up with "Others Here..."?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Without trying to get into your business, just how do your tastes run if they don't match up with "Others Here..."?
    Well, let's just say I like very few of the "popular" comic book writers. I normally do not buy books by Geoff Johns, Scott Snyder, Bendis, Tom King, . . .
    I'm really getting tired of current comic books (again).

On the one hand, the premise itself doesn't sound that interesting to me - super morbid, extra cerebral, really creepy. But maybe they're just not selling it right; if nothing else it sounds like it'll focus more on the detective side of Batman, which is always a treat. Might definitely consider picking up the trade when it's over depending on reviews. And hey, when was the last time we effectively had a year long Elseworld ongoing?

Surprised this wasn't labeled as a Black Label series or whatever, unless I missed that part somewhere in the article?

Well, let's just say I like very few of the "popular" comic book writers. I normally do not buy books by Geoff Johns, Scott Snyder, Bendis, Tom King, . . .
    Mind listing some of the writers and stories you do like that don't seem to be as popular? If you don't mind that is.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    . . . Mind listing some of the writers and stories you do like that don't seem to be as popular? If you don't mind that is.
    Y'know, I'm really getting tired of this constant questioning as if I have to defend my personal likes and dislikes.

Why don't you folks gang up on somebody else now?

Y'know, I'm really getting tired of this constant questioning as if I have to defend my personal likes and dislikes.

I'm sorry, my intent wasn't to make you feel like you needed to defend your likes. Honestly I was just curious if I couldn't discover a neat storyline I should consider collecting or something, since I figured you might have a more unique line up of suggestions than I might otherwise expect to get with that question. So yeah, I'm really sorry to have made you upset, and I just want to say in no way was I judging you.

Oh, man. Wasn't how I meant to come off, and no one really has to justify what they like/dislike.

I was mostly fishing for how much you like stuff outside of the "Super Hero..." loop like pulp heroes.

Fantastic Member

I'm going to assume based on your reading Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight that you don't like all the currently popular writers because:

a) weak to terrible dialogue

b) characters serve the plot instead of driving the plot

c) boring, all of them take too long to tell a story

d) they all make characters unlikable in order to be edgy

e) other relationships are sacrificed and discarded for no reason other than to prop up the writers plot goals

f) these writers are too obviously who they are and fixated on their own voices instead of the characters' voices

g) every plot is a dramatic "This changes everything!" instead of a tight, clean little story that tears at the heart or provides satisfaction

h) Bruce Wayne as anything but a swinging bachelor and single dad is an anathema to the character, he's not a loser who pines over Catwoman or anyone else as he's got better things to do

I) a dearth of villains, a good writer creates a good villain of their own which none of these have so it reads like okay fan fiction

I'm not expecting you to justify your dislike, but that's why I haven't been impressed.