Default Action Comics #1013 (Spoilers)

So this issue picks up from last issue where Leviathan burst in to offer Rose & Thorn a job. We get confirmation that the blue explosions are teleporting people, not vaporizing them when Superman gets teleported to India. Red Cloud has issues with her powers that pay off in the end when Lex Luthor shows up. Leone gets a package of some kind from Lex that is related to her status as the owner of the Daily Planet. Things moved pretty fast this issue, which is a change in pace for Bendis. Overall I liked it, looks like next issue we’ll be getting Red Cloud’s Secret Origin.

What's the deal with Rose and Thorn? New version of the character?

(I'm kind of glad she's back. Metropolis needs some other costumes running around the city on the regular.)

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

(I'm kind of glad she's back. Metropolis needs some other costumes running around the city on the regular.)
    90s anti-hero/villain, she has a split personality disorder. Originally she had control over plant life like Poison Ivy, I don’t think we’ve seen that ability yet, this version seems similar to the New 52 Rose & Thorn creates by Tom Taylor.

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

I remember the Thorn character from the Bronze age, and to make sure I looked around and found this:

loislane114.jpg

So I wasn't suffering from a bad memory.
    I am committed to the idea that any work of art should be judged on its own merit, not on the behavior or beliefs of its author.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    90s anti-hero/villain, she has a split personality disorder. Originally she had control over plant life like Poison Ivy, I don’t think we’ve seen that ability yet, this version seems similar to the New 52 Rose & Thorn creates by Tom Taylor.
    There have actually been three distinct Rose & Thorns by my count.

The first Thorn was the Golden Age Flash villain, the alternate personality of a woman named Rose Canton. That Thorn was the one with plant powers.

The second Thorn was the Bronze Age antihero vigilante, the alternate personality of a woman named Rose Forrest. That Thorn didn’t have any powers, she was simply a skilled fighter who appeared in Superman-related titles. She was later rebooted by Gail Simone in a 2004 miniseries.

The third Thorn was the New 52 antihero, the alternate personality of a teenage girl named Rose Canton (no relation to the earlier Rose Canton). She only appeared in one issue of National Comics and was never referenced again.

Bendis’ Rose & Thorn is apparently another reboot of the second version, the Rose Forrest antihero vigilante.
    Last edited by DCAbloob; 08-01-2019 at 09:31 AM.