Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
You're certainly not wrong that nothing was ever done with Mrs. Chilton or Aunt Harriet. They are largely forgotten by comic readers. What do you think could have been done with them, especially Harriet?
Supposedly they got the idea for Aunt Harriet from Aunt Agatha--"Bruce Wayne's Aunt Agatha" in BATMAN 89 (reprinted in BATMAN 233). I liked that story so much I got the back issue. But there's more dimension to Aunt Agatha in those eight pages than in most of the pages devoted to Dick Grayson's Aunt Harriet. For one thing, old Aggie figures out that Bruce and Dick are the Dynamic Duo right off the bat. She has a lot more humour--much like Harriet in the TV show. And on the TV show, Aunt Hattie got mixed up with some of the villains. Madge Blake had a bit of Aunt May's potential for intrigue. They should have certainly filled in some of Harriet's back story--how was she Dick's aunt, what was her relationship to his parents, why didn't she try to get custody of him?

With Mrs. Chilton, I wanted a reveal that she had a grandson almost the same age as Bruce. Since Joe killed Bruce's dad, it would be interesting if the son of his killer had met Thomas Wayne's son. At the very least, if Mrs. Chilton had come clean to Bruce, it would add some complexity to his desire for revenge--how far would he extend that?