Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
This is what I was kind of expecting the JJ Abrams announcement to be about.

This sounds pretty interesting. We have some expected names and some writers who've never really done much with Spider-Man like Kelly Thompson and Al Ewing or have only written him in a small capacity like Gerry Duggan and Jonathan Hickman.

I'm guessing Aaron will write the Wolverine story.

I'm glad it looks like they're using classic Nick Fury instead of Marcus Johnson.
Al Ewing did write Spider-Man for some bits in his Mighty Avengers run, first when Otto was in the role of Superior Spider-Man and ended up alienating Spider-Man from the Mighty Avengers, especially old friends/allies like Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, with his attempt to take over the team by force, then when Peter Parker came back during the AXIS tie-in and rebuked the Inverted Avengers for brawling in the street with the Mighty Avengers and misusing their authority and power. The second part was amazing character work on Ewing's part, so I'd be looking forward to seeing what he could do with a full Spider-Man story to himself, and I liked what little I read of Spider-Man under Kelly Thompson's pen in Jessica Jones: Blind Spot, so I'd be down for reading her take on him as well, especially if Mary Jane ended up in the mix somehow.

Also, cosigning Hugo Strange: "Teresa Parker, please."