Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    They titled makes it seem like throwaway side issue that focused only on Lilith, and it isn't. It's a terrible title, and they should have just made it another issue. I enjoyed it, I enjoyed the art as well. I still like the idea of the spirit of corruption, I like the idea of further separating the three ghost riders into more of their own thing, and I like the look because it's a knight. It can definitely look less MMORPG, but knights are a symbol of virtue etc etc, so I like that the spirit of corruption is a knightly figure. That said, I get the dislike of the idea 100%. Furthermore, I like that they're hinting at more spirits. Honestly, the bigger this is getting the more it is reminding me of Aaron's run. Instead of a team up between spirits of vengeance, perhaps we'll get a Emotional Spectrum-esque team up with a bunch of different spirits.
    The one where the Ghost Riders/Spirits of Vengeance were basically deep cover operatives for Heaven? Made some sense in retrospect, given angels in the Biblical lore could actually look quite fearsome and monstrous compared to their popular depiction as beautiful winged people.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    They titled makes it seem like throwaway side issue that focused only on Lilith, and it isn't. It's a terrible title, and they should have just made it another issue.

Yeah, I passed on this being under the impression it was just an unrelated one-shot.

Mighty Member

Good issue, I was wondering when a certain magical hero was going to show up to reclaim his prisoner. Let the civil war in hell commence, eventually though Mephisto has to return to the thrown, I'm just wondering what the twists will be in the storyline plot that gets him there.

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    Interesting issue. Spirit of Corruption is needed to purge the corruption from Johnny. I feel dumb for not predicting it before. That said, I feel like the biggest failure of this series is selling the fact that Johnny is corrupt. Maybe it's me, but for the most part I think he's doing the right thing. He might just be a bit arrogant about it is all. It would certainly be far more effective if they never actually showed us that the people he was hunting and killing were actually demons until this issue. I don't think anything Johnny has done has been as bad as Danny selfishly letting Jack O' Lantern kill people because he doesn't want to get involved. Even the run in with Strange failed to make it seem like Johnny has gone off the deep end. Strange hit first. I'm mildly disappointed that it wasn't an all out brawl, and also mildly impressed that it was mostly a conversation. There may be more Strange v. Johnny next issue, but in this one Johnny looks like he has the upper hand.
    end of spoilers

Galactus
    vs.
    Ghost Rider
    (Dan Ketch)

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-08-2020 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Galactus
    vs.
    Ghost Rider
    (Dan Ketch)

yeah this episode was based on the John Bryne Galactus story in his FF run, they just replaced Dr Strange doing a similar spell to Danny's Penance stare, make sense since GR is more relevant at the time these episodes were being made and there were talks of a GR animated series before that was scrapped.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Galactus
    vs.
    Ghost Rider
    (Dan Ketch)

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    yeah this episode was based on the John Bryne Galactus story in his FF run, they just replaced Dr Strange doing a similar spell to Danny's Penance stare, make sense since GR is more relevant at the time these episodes were being made and there were talks of a GR animated series before that was scrapped.
    And an animated Ghost Rider/Spider-Man team-up with them fighting Mysterio and Dormammu. That would have been awesome to see.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Ha, just watched this scene about a week or so ago. Really love it. Honestly, I remember when it first came on, I was SOOO pumped seeing Ghost Rider! Had to wait through a huge run of reruns before I could see it again and tape it!

The scene in itself is just cool. Fantastic Four was all science-y and everything. But then you had Ghost Rider, who's mythic, meeting Galactus, who is also mythic. Galactus' warning against Ghost Rider, "Mortal or demon, whichever you be, begone! Galactus has no time for games!" Damn, for a 10 year old kid, that's like Shakespeare! Super epic!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

BANNED

Lot of talk now of GR coming to MCU in a movie or D+ show, very excited and hope its Ketch or at least a decent Johnny.

Explains why marvel pulled the HULU Reyes show, GR deserves so much more and is a great underused character for the last 15 years.

Ketch would suit the mcu if you use the 90s stories of him being hunted by a shield task force and dating an agent, team up with Dr Strange during his most popular run etc.

Long as he looks badass with his bike I'll even take the orange suit.

Also saw this on IG and brought back memories.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Lot of talk now of GR coming to MCU in a movie or D+ show, very excited and hope its Ketch or at least a decent Johnny.

Explains why marvel pulled the HULU Reyes show, GR deserves so much more and is a great underused character for the last 15 years.

Ketch would suit the mcu if you use the 90s stories of him being hunted by a shield task force and dating an agent, team up with Dr Strange during his most popular run etc.

I remember watching this commerical and was excited for a animated series. funny it was narrated by Cal Dodd(voice of 90s Wolverine).

nice to see animated Skinner and Zarathros(2 villains very underused, well Zarathros went back to being Johnny Spirit, too bad I liked him as a major villain even if the Siege of Darkness crossover was a total mess and too long).
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 05-09-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Hell yeah!

I have Robbie a try but he was never to my taste. Glad to see Danny Ride Again!
    I never liked Robbie's G.R. He was possessed by a dead serial killer rather than a proper Spirit of Vengeance, he looked more like a robot than a flaming-skulled demon (among other issues I had with the art which was just plain bad in general), the majority of his supporting cast were "vato" stereotypes, and he didn't even have a motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post

Ah yes, the Ghost Rider action figure. Funny story about that. As has been stated, the commercial with the Wolverine's voice during the narration totally pumped me up to get this. And I did! As you can see in the image, the action figure had a flow in the dark head. However, the toy was frustrating, since I could never get it to super, super glow, y'know? So one evening, I hung the Ghost Rider action figure right on the rim of the TV room lamp shade, its head mere inches from the light. Totally thought I would get that glow. Unfortunately, what happened was that the lamp got too hot and melted Ghost Rider's chain. The whiff of burnt toy plastic whaffed through the air. I frantically wiped out as much the melted chain from the lamp as I could, but my sister ended up noticing the burnt smell. Let's just say hellfire couldn't stand up to a $40 lamp from K-Mart . Still, had many years of fun with that toy!

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    I never liked Robbie's G.R. He was possessed by a dead serial killer rather than a proper Spirit of Vengeance, he looked more like a robot than a flaming-skulled demon (among other issues I had with the art which was just plain bad in general), the majority of his supporting cast were "vato" stereotypes, and he didn't even have a motorcycle.
    For me, it's the car. Robbie's car just gets in the way of me liking him. With Johnny and Danny, their motocycles are sleek and manuerable. I can't see Robbie just lugging his hellcharger up walls or all over the place.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    This. Possessed by your dead uncle who was a satanic cultist serial killer is not how Spirits of Vengeance are designated. Looking the part doesn't make one a GR otherwise the Invaders member Blazing Skull could just as easily be tagged a "Ghost Rider".
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    For me, it's the car. Robbie's car just gets in the way of me liking him. With Johnny and Danny, their motocycles are sleek and manuerable. I can't see Robbie just lugging his hellcharger up walls or all over the place.
    Giving Ghost Rider a car is like giving The Silver Surfer a boogie board lol. It was a step down and doomed Robbie to be seen as "less than" right from the get go.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

What would you guys say is Ghost Rider’s rogues gallery? One example I’ve seen:

Mephisto, Blackheart, Deathwatch, Blackout, Hag & Troll, Null the Living Darkness, Wallow, Vengeance, Centurious, Lilith, the Orb, the Water Wizard, Steel Wind, Scarecrow