Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Which was actually really good, probably the best of the 2099 one-shots.

Brisson wrote it and it's certain to have bearings on the current run.

Preview for next week's issue #3 looks cool!
    As someone who loved the concept and premise of Ghost Rider 2099 when I first heard about it, I thought Brisson's take was pretty great, too. Blaze as the King of the Ghostworks, now the cyberspace equivalent of hell . . . that was a twist I wasn't expecting, but it worked for me to bring Zero Cochrane somewhat closer to the original Ghost Rider premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    It does, though it does raise questions. I thought it had been established in Jason Aaron's run that after all of the years of being mislead, that the Ghost Rider was the powerful demon Zarathos who served Mephisto, the Ghost Riders were really angels and that was the reason why they had always chased after demons. In the preview, we see that this Ghost Rider seems to be a servant of Mephisto again.

The changing of background for Ghost Rider's history has always been problematic. Are Ghost Riders demons? Angels? Servants of Mephisto? God's vengeance? Did Brisson say something about how he would clear this up?

In any case a good preview nonetheless.
    I liked how the Spirit of Vengeance movie combined all of those origins, saying that the Rider was initially an angel of justice lured to hell and then twisted and tortured until he became something that would indiscriminately take vengeance upon "sinners," as in the "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" kind.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

lol tease at the end of damnation for a magic book that went nowhere is a plot point now

Quote Originally Posted by The rest of the solicit
    Plus, Wolverine and Punisher get in on the action!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    lol tease at the end of damnation for a magic book that went nowhere is a plot point now

Well, I'll be damned. I was annoyed that teaser at the end of Damnation went nowhere. Good on someone finally picking this plot thread up again.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Caretaker is back.

It's still Danny's turn to be the reluctant Ghost Rider.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Well, I'll be damned. I was annoyed that teaser at the end of Damnation went nowhere. Good on someone finally picking this plot thread up again.
    It's still weird how they're picking up with this book as if Dr Strange: Damnation was yesterday, ignoring the fact that Mephisto has been all over the shop in the intervening time as if that event had never happened.
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 12-11-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    It's still weird how they're picking up with this book as if Dr Strange: Damnation was yesterday, ignoring the fact that Mephisto has been all over the shop in the intervening time as if that event had never happened.
    Good point. One would think Blaze would make Mephisto his priority.

Jonathan Blaze has done nothing wrong. The conniving Ketch and his confidant cronies are simply more pretenders trying to take the throne of Satan away from its true king. #BlazeBest #VivaLasVegas
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Hi all. Just wanted to know if anyone else read Ghost Rider #4 this week. Man, what a great issue. Brisson again balances between Johnny and Danny so well. The fight scene between Johnny and Wong was very well done. It had all of the trappings of a good Ghost Rider fight with the chains and Penance Stare. Even Danny's foray into Limbo was done quite welll.

As for what Danny has become....that could have been the make or break deal for me. spoilers:
    Came into this title wanting to see Danny as Ghost Rider. Now he's some knight type of thing? Hmmm, maybe. Brisson has been doing a good job now, so I think I'll bite.
    end of spoilers

Interested in the next issue. Still have fond memories of the 90s classic "Hearts of Darkness" one-shot which featured the 90s classic trio of Wolverine, Punisher, and Ghost Rider. Let's see what happens with part II!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Brisson/Kuder on Johnny Blaze is pretty awesome!

The only modern GHOST RIDER I've read was Jason Aaron's (which was dope) and this feels in that vein. I'm down.

Mighty Member

I felt pretty meh about the other issues, but this one nailed it for me.

BANNED

Hi all. Just wanted to know if anyone else read Ghost Rider #4 this week. Man, what a great issue. Brisson again balances between Johnny and Danny so well. The fight scene between Johnny and Wong was very well done. It had all of the trappings of a good Ghost Rider fight with the chains and Penance Stare. Even Danny's foray into Limbo was done quite welll.

Interested in the next issue. Still have fond memories of the 90s classic "Hearts of Darkness" one-shot which featured the 90s classic trio of Wolverine, Punisher, and Ghost Rider. Let's see what happens with part II!
    This issue was really great - easily the best of the new run so far. Love what's going on with Danny. And the fight between Johnny and Wong was really cool.

This title has been really good and looks to only be getting better. I really hope it does well enough to stick around for the long haul. Brisson obviously has big plans for it.

As for what Danny has become....that could have been the make or break deal for me. spoilers:
    Came into this title wanting to see Danny as Ghost Rider. Now he's some knight type of thing? Hmmm, maybe. Brisson has been doing a good job now, so I think I'll bite.
    end of spoilers

It's all a dream. After all, Belasco doesn't even rule Limbo anymore, so none of those scenes could have actually happened.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

This book, Morbius, a possible Helstrom series, could we be getting a new Midnight Sons title? I’m so ready for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    This issue was really great - easily the best of the new run so far. Love what's going on with Danny. And the fight between Johnny and Wong was really cool.

This title has been really good and looks to only be getting better. I really hope it does well enough to stick around for the long haul. Brisson obviously has big plans for it.
    Same!! Brisson is killing it on this title. I have never read a solo Ghost Rider series before and picked it up because I enjoyed his run on Iron Fist, but I am hooked!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This book, Morbius, a possible Helstrom series, could we be getting a new Midnight Sons title? I’m so ready for that.
    I don't know why Marvel hasn't pulled the trigger and done a new Midnight sons book. Marvel has enough notable supernatural characters with a following that could support a team book if it was decent.

I'm sure there must be some writers that would love to do a supernatural team book at Marvel.