Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    What would you guys say is Ghost Rider’s rogues gallery? One example I’ve seen:

Mephisto, Blackheart, Deathwatch, Blackout, Hag & Troll, Null the Living Darkness, Wallow, Vengeance, Centurious, Lilith, the Orb, the Water Wizard, Steel Wind, Scarecrow
    Did you miss the commercial? You left out Skinner and Zarathos. I'd also include Black Out, Nightmare, Hobgoblin, and Vengeance (I know Vengeance tends to fall into the antihero category, but I'd still include him.)

I'm also partial to Death Ninja. Because he's a zombie ninja named "Death Ninja" I need no other reasons.

Mephisto, Blackheart, Deathwatch, Blackout, Hag & Troll, Null the Living Darkness, Wallow, Vengeance, Centurious, Lilith, the Orb, the Water Wizard, Steel Wind, Scarecrow
    Great list, but don't forget...
    Maelstrom & Deathurge
    (Sadly, Ketch never got his vengeance against them for what happened to Wendell Vaughn):

And for another enemy that both Ketch & Blaze share, Steel Vengeance (sister of Steel Wind):

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-20-2020 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Did you miss the commercial? You left out Skinner and Zarathos. I'd also include Black Out, Nightmare, Hobgoblin, and Vengeance (I know Vengeance tends to fall into the antihero category, but I'd still include him.)

I'm also partial to Death Ninja. Because he's a zombie ninja named "Death Ninja" I need no other reasons.
    Overall good list of Rogues. I'd make a subtle distinction though and say Demogoblin vs Hobgoblin as he did split off from Macendale(sp).
    As for Scarecrow, the more human version at least, I always thought would transition better to being a Moon Knight foe. The more supernatural Scarecrow iteration works as a GR foe but the contrast of that hay look vs fire of a GR is odd.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Yeah ghost rider villains needs more spotlight and his supporting cast like we need to see all of the other ghost riders in adaptions.

Mighty Member

'Twas a short arc but I think it was one of the book's most enjoyable, but maybe I just like watching Johnny knock Dr. Strange down a couple of pegs. If this book gets cancelled before this war they're building up to I'm going to be disappointed. I gotta wonder if the current state of things makes that more or less likely.

Mighty Member

Issue 7 was another good issue, this writing is killing it, I'm loving the series so far.

During the early stages of his career, rising star Greg Capullo had a chance to draw Dan Ketch: Ghost Rider. The results were most interesting, IMHO...

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Issue 7 was another good issue, this writing is killing it, I'm loving the series so far.
    Agreed bro. The great thing about Brisson is that somehow, he's able to pack so much in one issue without it feeling rushed or overly complicated. There are a lot of things to juggle here and, for the most part, Brisson handled it well. I particularly liked the beginning third of that issue with Johnny's inner monologue. Here is a guy who's feeling really betrayed and on edge. Strange just makes it worse with the squid monster.

Seeing Punisher and Wolverine handle the demons was a nice touch. My only complaint was just how neatly Danny countered Johnny. Spirit of Corruption (which really works by the way, I'm digging the design), just so happens to solve all of Johnny's problems. The spiritual cleasning at the end came a little too easily. I was also confused over what Johnny is doing now with Mephisto. Is he just dragging Mephisto along? Are they having adventures together? Will they be heading back down to Hell?

Speaking of which, the set up for this war for Hell seems great. Having Lilith and Blackheart back, playing those roles from before, being the characters they should be, that was great. Honestly, hope to see Hela, Pluto, Dormammu, Satannish, and other demonic beings play roles in this storyline. Perhaps we'll get into the Heavenly realms as well if the preview for next issue's cover is any indication.

All in all, a great issue!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Agreed bro. The great thing about Brisson is that somehow, he's able to pack so much in one issue without it feeling rushed or overly complicated. There are a lot of things to juggle here and, for the most part, Brisson handled it well. I particularly liked the beginning third of that issue with Johnny's inner monologue. Here is a guy who's feeling really betrayed and on edge. Strange just makes it worse with the squid monster.

Seeing Punisher and Wolverine handle the demons was a nice touch. My only complaint was just how neatly Danny countered Johnny. Spirit of Corruption (which really works by the way, I'm digging the design), just so happens to solve all of Johnny's problems. The spiritual cleasning at the end came a little too easily. I was also confused over what Johnny is doing now with Mephisto. Is he just dragging Mephisto along? Are they having adventures together? Will they be heading back down to Hell?

Speaking of which, the set up for this war for Hell seems great. Having Lilith and Blackheart back, playing those roles from before, being the characters they should be, that was great. Honestly, hope to see Hela, Pluto, Dormammu, Satannish, and other demonic beings play roles in this storyline. Perhaps we'll get into the Heavenly realms as well if the preview for next issue's cover is any indication.

Im enjoying Brisson Ghost Rider alot more than I am with his New Mutants at dawn of x, i dont have that a level of excitement for NM as I do whenever a new GR issue comes out

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

You've addressed the issue far more eloquently and in detail than I could, but I agree, I'm wondering about Mephisto's role in all of this as well, but at the end of the day I think he will find a way to reclaim his mantle as the king of hell which I am looking forward to.

I'm also enjoying Wolverine and the Punisher's cameo in all of this, altogether it is a great read, a really underated comic.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    I'm wondering about Mephisto's role in all of this as well, but at the end of the day I think he will find a way to reclaim his mantle as the king of hell which I am looking forward to.
    Completely understandable about Mephisto retaking the role, since status quo is what's important among the readers.

A lot of potential, but I'll miss Johnny being the "King".

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've always enjoyed it when Logan and Frank showed up in a Ghost Rider book or to team-up. The pairing just seems to work cause heavy handed violence works with all three. I'm also very old school and recall them for that short lived arc in FF as the "New Fantastic Four" with Mr. Fixit Gray Hulk.

The comment to Frank by Mephisto about him being a good candidate for hosting the Spirit of Vengeance gave me a modest chuckle.

I still don't like the Spirit of Corruption moniker placed on Danny. He's a legit Ghost Rider and I hope this series lasts long enough to correct that. Also, I'd like to see Alejandro resurrected and restored to her legit GR status as well while I'm wishing. The GR canon needs a solid bit of female rep in it's family.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've always enjoyed it when Logan and Frank showed up in a Ghost Rider book or to team-up. The pairing just seems to work cause heavy handed violence works with all three.
    Agreed. The '90s version of Hearts of Darkness will always be a favorite...

I'm also very old school and recall them for that short lived arc in FF as the "New Fantastic Four" with Mr. Fixit Gray Hulk.
    Me too. One of the few highlights from the '90s F4 run:

I still don't like the Spirit of Corruption moniker placed on Danny. He's a legit Ghost Rider and I hope this series lasts long enough to correct that.
    Something we definitely agree on, Captain Craig.

Hope is all we have left, I'm afraid.

Also, I'd like to see Alejandro resurrected and restored to her legit GR status as well while I'm wishing. The GR canon needs a solid bit of female rep in it's family.
    Even though it's only a story from What If...?, I've always been partial towards the Barbara Ketch version...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I've always enjoyed it when Logan and Frank showed up in a Ghost Rider book or to team-up. The pairing just seems to work cause heavy handed violence works with all three. I'm also very old school and recall them for that short lived arc in FF as the "New Fantastic Four" with Mr. Fixit Gray Hulk.

The comment to Frank by Mephisto about him being a good candidate for hosting the Spirit of Vengeance gave me a modest chuckle.

I still don't like the Spirit of Corruption moniker placed on Danny. He's a legit Ghost Rider and I hope this series lasts long enough to correct that. Also, I'd like to see Alejandro resurrected and restored to her legit GR status as well while I'm wishing. The GR canon needs a solid bit of female rep in it's family.
    I can agree with most of those. Danny as a Spirit/Knight of Corruption works as a means to distinguish him from Johnny --- and it also enabled him to save Johnny from the hellish corruption consuming him --- but he is better as a Ghost Rider. And yes, with Alejandra being among the dead Ghost Riders in hell . . . well, I'd like to see her come riding back, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.