Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Beware the Ghost Rider(s)

https://www.cbr.com/beware-the-ghost...e-danny-ketch/

Johnny Blaze and Danny Ketch are returning to ride again in Beware the Ghost Rider #1, by writer Ed Brisson and artist Aaron Kuder.

With Johnny currently ruling as the King of Hell, Danny will be forced to once again become the Spirit of Vengeance on a full-time basis.

Beware the Ghost Rider appears to spin out of the events of the Avengers' upcoming "Challenge of the Ghost Rider" story arc, which pits Earth's Mightiest Heroes against Johnny Blaze. Robbie Reyes is currently serving as a Ghost Rider on the Avengers, with recent issues sending him to Hell, where he met its new ruler.

The Brothers Ghost Rider are back!

Johnny Blaze ain’t just the king of Hell—he’s the warden too. He’s the first line of defense between the demonic hordes trying to escape the joint and the lords of other hells making a play for his throne and all the power that comes with it—including a certain evil queen from his past! Meanwhile, Danny Ketch never wanted to be a Ghost Rider. Now that his brother’s in charge downstairs, Ketch must take on the duty of Earth’s Spirit of Vengeance full-time—no matter how much he’d rather be doing anything else...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hmm.. I hope that this new Ghost Rider series lasts. Nice that they focus on Johnny and Danny. I hope that Robbie is still alive, somewhere. (Is he?)

I'm still thrown by all the convoluted retcons that have been done with Ghost Rider, with Danny and Johnny being siblings (how far apart?) and the history of the Spirit of Vengeance in general-- (From Heaven? Hell? Neither?)
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 07-16-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Hell yeah!

I have Robbie a try but he was never to my taste. Glad to see Danny Ride Again!

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Ghost Rider rules!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Hell yeah!

Danny is my favorite GR so I'm happy to see him leading a new series. I trust Brisson to do a good job on this and Kuder on art is an excellent pick. Just hope he sticks around for the long haul.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Danny is my favorite GR so I'm happy to see him leading a new series. I trust Brisson to do a good job on this and Kuder on art is an excellent pick. Just hope he sticks around for the long haul.
    Gotta admit, I'm not familiar with either of them.

Hell yeah!

Double Hell Yeah!

Daniel is the best!

Gotta admit, I'm not familiar with either of them.
    The same with me. I never got the chance to read it, but I only know he did Iron Fist a few years ago.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-24-2019 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Added clarification.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm very likely to get this full ongoing series.
    Danny was my first introduction to Ghost Rider and I read his 90s title up through 50-ish. I hate the late 90s Bankruptcy essentially stopped it from hitting #100. I've read what the alleged plans were with Noble Kale and how the build up arc to 100 would totally restore Danny- - but alas those things didn't happen.

I'd also like to see, given the time, Alejandra get some redemption in this series.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm very likely to get this full ongoing series.
    Danny was my first introduction to Ghost Rider and I read his 90s title up through 50-ish. I hate the late 90s Bankruptcy essentially stopped it from hitting #100. I've read what the alleged plans were with Noble Kale and how the build up arc to 100 would totally restore Danny- - but alas those things didn't happen.

I'd also like to see, given the time, Alejandra get some redemption in this series.
    She's in the Carnage tie in one shot. I just hope Robbie isn't getting depowered because that would suck. Especially if his series is near.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I wish they had kept the blue fire look for Danny. It was a nice way to make him stand out from the other Ghost Riders.

BANNED

About damn time ketch returned

Loved GR in the 90s, really kept you coming back for more each issue.

His story in marvel comics presents was good as well recently leading up to this.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    She's in the Carnage tie in one shot. I just hope Robbie isn't getting depowered because that would suck. Especially if his series is near.
    Robbie's currently with the Avengers. Are we expecting Aaron to change the roster?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Happy for the people that wanted Danny back. Personally sad it's not Robbie, but that's kind of the double edged sword with legacy characters. If the new one doesn't take, they always go back to the old one, even if the new one has fans. He's still in Avengers (so far) though, so at least he's still around.

That said, though, I'll probably at least give the first issue a chance. Brisson and Kuder's an amazing lineup.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

I will be buying at least the first issue for sure.
    I am a fan of Danny Ketch Ghost Rider and a fan of Johny Blaze Ghost Rider so this new comic book looks quite intriguing to me.
    And i am looking forward to read the Avengers story arc with Ghost Rider as well.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Which title would that be? I'm guessing as part of the the Absolute Carnage event.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

iMan 42s

It's about time Danny Ketch showed up again. You'd think with most of the riders pulling abilities and costume design from his era you'd think he'd be seen more. And frankly, outside of cameos he hasn't made a full appearance in almost a decade.

Come to think of it, Jason Aaron did write Danny Ketch so maybe we'd get a crossover there in Avengers?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.