Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Aye. It was presented as if he was tricked into it, but I suppose he's grown accustom to the idea as ever since he's had a "better me than Mephisto" mentality whenever he showed up.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Danny and Johnny will probably have a dust up and Lilth will make a move for the throne while they are distracted.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Please some help: What events led to Blaze taking over as king of hell ? What run did that happen in ? What's the last we saw of him prior to his appearance on the recent Avengers issues and this new book ?

I want to get caught up before reading this book.

Thanks.
    Yeah, it was in Doctor Strange: Damnation and its tie-ins, specifically the one-shot Damnation: Johnny Blaze --- Ghost Rider. That one in particular shows how Johnny ended up King of Hell.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

All right, I'll be sure to read Damnation then, thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    All right, I'll be sure to read Damnation then, thanks guys.
    You're welcome.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Pretty sure Blaze took over Hell in the Damnation mini.
    Damnation and the Johnny Blaze: Ghost Rider tie-in one-shot.

Have always been interested in Ghost Rider but have never read much of the character. I mainly picked up the first issue because of Brisson and I really enjoyed it! Will definitely be adding to my pull list!

Question for you long time readers, this is the first time I have encountered Danny. I saw from earlier posts he was the Ghost Rider of the 90s?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

How is it that Mephisto is still imprisoned in Hotel Inferno but still offering deals to people left and right (maybe a slight exaggeration) and still basically up to all kinds of shenanigans??

I don't have a complete list of all his activities since the end of "Damnation" but two blatant examples of him being imprisoned not really hindering him in any way is #1. Him messing around with Ben Reilly towards the end of his recent ongoing & #2 Whatever his involvement is with the Squadron Supreme of America.

Seems kind of pointless for him to be locked up if it hasn't really affected the scope of what he's normally able to do if he didn't have anything to restrict his activities.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    How is it that Mephisto is still imprisoned in Hotel Inferno but still offering deals to people left and right (maybe a slight exaggeration) and still basically up to all kinds of shenanigans??

I don't have a complete list of all his activities since the end of "Damnation" but two blatant examples of him being imprisoned not really hindering him in any way is #1. Him messing around with Ben Reilly towards the end of his recent ongoing & #2 Whatever his involvement is with the Squadron Supreme of America.

Seems kind of pointless for him to be locked up if it hasn't really affected the scope of what he's normally able to do if he didn't have anything to restrict his activities.
    It looks like we'll be finding out how Mephisto can still be screwing around with the Marvel Universe in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It looks like we'll be finding out how Mephisto can still be screwing around with the Marvel Universe in this series.
    One can only hope, Huntsman Spider. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    One can only hope, Huntsman Spider. Fingers crossed.
    Fair enough.

Astonishing Member

Ghost Rider#1 by Ed Brisson and Aaron Kuder was great.
    Will be reading the next stories for sure,the stories having both Johny Blaze and Danny Ketch is intriguing.
    The art by Aaron Kuder was sensational,the motorbike of Danny Ketch looked as cool as it was in the early stories of the 90´s Ghost Rider comic book.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Have always been interested in Ghost Rider but have never read much of the character. I mainly picked up the first issue because of Brisson and I really enjoyed it! Will definitely be adding to my pull list!

Question for you long time readers, this is the first time I have encountered Danny. I saw from earlier posts he was the Ghost Rider of the 90s?
    Yes, Danny was THE Ghost Rider for the 90s. A few years into his run Marvel re-introduced Johnny who'd been in limbo since the early/mid-80s but he was NOT a Ghost Rider. His introduction paved the way for how a Rider seems to always retain some of the power.
    At any rate I'd highly recommend you get and read at minimum the first 25-30 issues of Danny's solo GR series. I'd say up till issue 50 myself. The largest concensus is that issues 51-93 are very uneven with a horrid bike/costume change in the later issues, 78 or 80 before a quick change back at the end of the run(93). There is an issue 94 done some decade after meant as a closing chapter since Marvel's bankruptcy is largely blamed on it ending(along with a slew of other books like Silver Surfer but I digress). The writer at the time had an arc for 100 that was going to correct/reset the book back to what fans wanted from Ghost Rider.

Danny was in various crossovers from Punisher, Spider-man and his team-up book with Johnny 'Midnight Sons'.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I enjoyed this. Looks like Danny's gonna have to save his brother from himself.

Looks like we are preparing for a Hell event.
    After reading Hannibal Tabu's review, I decided to give the new series a chance and I thought it was fine. It was especially nice seeing Ketch & Blaze together again (albeit temporarily, if that ending is any indication ).

BANNED

Hey, second issue came today and it was pretty freaking awesome! Loving this book - hope all GR fans are supporting it!