Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Beware the Ghost Rider(s)

https://www.cbr.com/beware-the-ghost...e-danny-ketch/

Johnny Blaze and Danny Ketch are returning to ride again in Beware the Ghost Rider #1, by writer Ed Brisson and artist Aaron Kuder.

With Johnny currently ruling as the King of Hell, Danny will be forced to once again become the Spirit of Vengeance on a full-time basis.

Beware the Ghost Rider appears to spin out of the events of the Avengers' upcoming "Challenge of the Ghost Rider" story arc, which pits Earth's Mightiest Heroes against Johnny Blaze. Robbie Reyes is currently serving as a Ghost Rider on the Avengers, with recent issues sending him to Hell, where he met its new ruler.

The Brothers Ghost Rider are back!

Johnny Blaze ain’t just the king of Hell—he’s the warden too. He’s the first line of defense between the demonic hordes trying to escape the joint and the lords of other hells making a play for his throne and all the power that comes with it—including a certain evil queen from his past! Meanwhile, Danny Ketch never wanted to be a Ghost Rider. Now that his brother’s in charge downstairs, Ketch must take on the duty of Earth’s Spirit of Vengeance full-time—no matter how much he’d rather be doing anything else...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hmm.. I hope that this new Ghost Rider series lasts. Nice that they focus on Johnny and Danny. I hope that Robbie is still alive, somewhere. (Is he?)

I'm still thrown by all the convoluted retcons that have been done with Ghost Rider, with Danny and Johnny being siblings (how far apart?) and the history of the Spirit of Vengeance in general-- (From Heaven? Hell? Neither?)
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 07-16-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Hell yeah!

I have Robbie a try but he was never to my taste. Glad to see Danny Ride Again!

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Ghost Rider rules!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Hell yeah!

Danny is my favorite GR so I'm happy to see him leading a new series. I trust Brisson to do a good job on this and Kuder on art is an excellent pick. Just hope he sticks around for the long haul.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Danny is my favorite GR so I'm happy to see him leading a new series. I trust Brisson to do a good job on this and Kuder on art is an excellent pick. Just hope he sticks around for the long haul.
    Gotta admit, I'm not familiar with either of them.

Hell yeah!

Double Hell Yeah!

Daniel is the best!

Gotta admit, I'm not familiar with either of them.
    The same with me. I never got the chance to read it, but I only know he did Iron Fist a few years ago.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-24-2019 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Added clarification.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm very likely to get this full ongoing series.
    Danny was my first introduction to Ghost Rider and I read his 90s title up through 50-ish. I hate the late 90s Bankruptcy essentially stopped it from hitting #100. I've read what the alleged plans were with Noble Kale and how the build up arc to 100 would totally restore Danny- - but alas those things didn't happen.

I'd also like to see, given the time, Alejandra get some redemption in this series.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Hell yeah!

I never liked Robbie's G.R. He was possessed by a dead serial killer rather than a proper Spirit of Vengeance, he looked more like a robot than a flaming-skulled demon (among other issues I had with the art which was just plain bad in general), the majority of his supporting cast were "vato" stereotypes, and he didn't even have a motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Lot of talk now of GR coming to MCU in a movie or D+ show, very excited and hope its Ketch or at least a decent Johnny.

Explains why marvel pulled the HULU Reyes show, GR deserves so much more and is a great underused character for the last 15 years.

Ketch would suit the mcu if you use the 90s stories of him being hunted by a shield task force and dating an agent, team up with Dr Strange during his most popular run etc.

Long as he looks badass with his bike I'll even take the orange suit.

Also saw this on IG and brought back memories.

Ah yes, the Ghost Rider action figure. Funny story about that. As has been stated, the commercial with the Wolverine's voice during the narration totally pumped me up to get this. And I did! As you can see in the image, the action figure had a flow in the dark head. However, the toy was frustrating, since I could never get it to super, super glow, y'know? So one evening, I hung the Ghost Rider action figure right on the rim of the TV room lamp shade, its head mere inches from the light. Totally thought I would get that glow. Unfortunately, what happened was that the lamp got too hot and melted Ghost Rider's chain. The whiff of burnt toy plastic whaffed through the air. I frantically wiped out as much the melted chain from the lamp as I could, but my sister ended up noticing the burnt smell. Let's just say hellfire couldn't stand up to a $40 lamp from K-Mart . Still, had many years of fun with that toy!

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    I never liked Robbie's G.R. He was possessed by a dead serial killer rather than a proper Spirit of Vengeance, he looked more like a robot than a flaming-skulled demon (among other issues I had with the art which was just plain bad in general), the majority of his supporting cast were "vato" stereotypes, and he didn't even have a motorcycle.
    For me, it's the car. Robbie's car just gets in the way of me liking him. With Johnny and Danny, their motocycles are sleek and manuerable. I can't see Robbie just lugging his hellcharger up walls or all over the place.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    For me, it's the car. Robbie's car just gets in the way of me liking him. With Johnny and Danny, their motocycles are sleek and manuerable. I can't see Robbie just lugging his hellcharger up walls or all over the place.
    Giving Ghost Rider a car is like giving The Silver Surfer a boogie board lol. It was a step down and doomed Robbie to be seen as "less than" right from the get go.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

What would you guys say is Ghost Rider’s rogues gallery? One example I’ve seen:

Mephisto, Blackheart, Deathwatch, Blackout, Hag & Troll, Null the Living Darkness, Wallow, Vengeance, Centurious, Lilith, the Orb, the Water Wizard, Steel Wind, Scarecrow

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    This. Possessed by your dead uncle who was a satanic cultist serial killer is not how Spirits of Vengeance are designated. Looking the part doesn't make one a GR otherwise the Invaders member Blazing Skull could just as easily be tagged a "Ghost Rider".
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime