Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Ditto, it's a good read, great to see both Johnny and Danny back at the helm, and I am looking forward to how the story unfolds with Mephisto's cunning.

What I really liked about this issue was how Brisson played with perspective. What is the truth? Who is right? As far as Johnny is concerned, he's doing the right thing. Demons need to be punished and sent back to hell. These demons are begging and pleading for mercy. In a way, maybe Johnny could have shown some of these things. But at the end of the day, Johnny has to be firm since he's the ruler of hell and is responsible for them. Again, these are all demons.

Or are they? And that's where Danny comes in. Danny is brought on to try and restrain Johnny, who quite honestly, looks like he's gone mad with his responsibility. He's attacking innocent human beings and Danny has to stop that. The art was a wise choice here, since it was never really clear who was a demon and who wasn't.

I'm still reserving judgement on the series, but hey, I like where this is all going!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Amazing Member

My ears perked up when Johnny said (at least some of) the demons are actually people who committed horrible sins. I thought there were demons and humans, but not one becoming the other.

I really like Kuder's art here - his style seemed better suited to this type of story.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoodleMaster View Post
    My ears perked up when Johnny said (at least some of) the demons are actually people who committed horrible sins. I thought there were demons and humans, but not one becoming the other.

I really like Kuder's art here - his style seemed better suited to this type of story.
    Hmm, not the first time that's happened. For a recent example in pop culture, Supernatural depicts demons as being damned human souls eventually broken and twisted from their time in hell.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by BringMe_YoungManLogan View Post
    Ditto, it's a good read, great to see both Johnny and Danny back at the helm, and I am looking forward to how the story unfolds with Mephisto's cunning.
    Agree with you about both Johnny & Danny together again, but don't forget about Stacy.

Quote Originally Posted by DoodleMaster View Post

Agree with you about Kuder's art. Too bad he won't be continuing with the series, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agree with you about Kuder's art. Too bad he won't be continuing with the series, though.
    I believe he will be. He's had some health issues that has made him step back a little but I don't think he's done with GR.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I believe he will be. He's had some health issues that has made him step back a little but I don't think he's done with GR.
    Wonderful news!

Thanks, Prof. Warren.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 11-13-2019 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

This series has been excellent so far! I am hooked and I have never even read a Ghost Rider series before.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I am also not a Ghost Boomer, but I impulse-bought this book (as I am a demon myself) and was not disappointed. Kuder must recover, for I need him to gimme the work. Hype for Frigeri! #GhostGang #SatanSquad #TeamBlaze #KingOfHell #KetchAin'tFetch #HeavyIsTheSkullThatWearsTheCrown
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

how many discernible villains in the series? Besides generic demons?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how many discernible villains in the series? Besides generic demons?
    The main villains are Zarathos,Mephisto and Lilith.
    Besides those in a minor scale, Scarecrow,Orb,Deathwatch and the Blackout are other characters that i remember the most from the Ghost Rider villains gallery.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    oh yeah, 2099 came out
    Which was actually really good, probably the best of the 2099 one-shots.

Brisson wrote it and it's certain to have bearings on the current run.

Preview for next week's issue #3 looks cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Which was actually really good, probably the best of the 2099 one-shots.

Brisson wrote it and it's certain to have bearings on the current run.

Preview for next week's issue #3 looks cool!
    It does, though it does raise questions. I thought it had been established in Jason Aaron's run that after all of the years of being mislead, that the Ghost Rider was the powerful demon Zarathos who served Mephisto, the Ghost Riders were really angels and that was the reason why they had always chased after demons. In the preview, we see that this Ghost Rider seems to be a servant of Mephisto again.

The changing of background for Ghost Rider's history has always been problematic. Are Ghost Riders demons? Angels? Servants of Mephisto? God's vengeance? Did Brisson say something about how he would clear this up?

In any case a good preview nonetheless.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."