Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I don't know why Marvel hasn't pulled the trigger and done a new Midnight sons book. Marvel has enough notable supernatural characters with a following that could support a team book if it was decent.

I'm sure there must be some writers that would love to do a supernatural team book at Marvel.
    Hell, I’d be happy with back to back minis, like the new Agents of Atlas books.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Not really digging the change to Danny Ketch. Hope it is very, very temporary.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I don't know why Marvel hasn't pulled the trigger and done a new Midnight sons book. Marvel has enough notable supernatural characters with a following that could support a team book if it was decent.

I'm sure there must be some writers that would love to do a supernatural team book at Marvel.
    I hear ya. There was a lot of buzz for this potential title a couple of years back:

The gritty "street magic" vibe was really cool. Maybe it still has a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Yeah, the knight look for Ketch is a little off-putting. I was hoping to see 90s Ghost Rider again, but now Ketch is this? Still, Brisson's writing has been solid enough. Maybe it will work out.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Very much agree with everything you mentioned. Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Yeah, the knight look for Ketch is a little off-putting. I was hoping to see 90s Ghost Rider again, but now Ketch is this?
    Agreed. Initially, I had high hopes and came back just to see Dan Ketch's return as 90's Ghost Rider. And then, Belasco happened.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-23-2020 at 03:00 PM.

Mighty Member

Good read this, as much as I love Danny Ketch, for some reason or another I hoping Johnny Blaze stays the Ghost Rider. Something about a guy with blond hair and shades that resonates as cool. Either way I'm good, but curious to know how the jailbreak with Mephisto will wind up.

Danny was the Ghost Rider I knew growing up, so I’m pleased so far. Kuder’s work just wows me, and I really hope Brisson will taps into something that really resonates with readers, and helps build up the supernatural characters of the MU, like Mackie did. I’d love to see a Midnight Children, featuring a lineup focusing on Doctor Voodoo, Daimon Helstrom, and the Ghost Riders.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Anyone able to recommend some good Ghost Rider stories?

The first 50 issues of the Mackie run, as well as the Spirits of Vengeance series, featuring Blaze and Ghost Rider. Hearts of Darkness ogn, and the Jason Aaron run. The Nocenti penned Ghost Rider/Typhoid Mary Marvel Comics Presents.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Anyone able to recommend some good Ghost Rider stories?
    The first 50 issues of the Mackie run, as well as the Spirits of Vengeance series, featuring Blaze and Ghost Rider. Hearts of Darkness ogn, and the Jason Aaron run. The Nocenti penned Ghost Rider/Typhoid Mary Marvel Comics Presents.
    Excellent recommendations, Shadowcat.

I'll also add Roger Stern's brief run during the 80's on Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider.

Along with the Warren Ellis written Dan Ketch/Ghost Rider VS. Scarecrow from Ghost Rider Annual #2 (1994):
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ghost...Annual_Vol_3_2
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-12-2020 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Added link.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Excellent recommendations, Shadowcat.

I'll also add Roger Stern's brief run during the 80's on Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider.

Along with the Warren Ellis written Dan Ketch/Ghost Rider VS. Scarecrow from Ghost Rider Annual #2 (1994):
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ghost...Annual_Vol_3_2
    Stern had a run on Ghost Rider!?!? What issues were these!?
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Stern had a run on Ghost Rider!?!? What issues were these!?
    In actuality, Stern wrote 5-issues during the early 80's (he had a pretty good run as editor before that, as well):

Ghost Rider #68
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ghost_Rider_Vol_2_68

Ghost Rider #69
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ghost_Rider_Vol_2_69

Ghost Rider #70
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ghost_Rider_Vol_2_70

Ghost Rider #72
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ghost_Rider_Vol_2_72

Ghost Rider #73
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ghost_Rider_Vol_2_73
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-12-2020 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Added clarification.

Anyone catch the latest Ghost Rider one-shot featuring Lilith? I like how Brisson is tapping into continuity here, whether it was from 30 years ago or 10. There were nice nods to both elements there. I particularly liked the section featuring Johnny as the king of hell. The whole plan was to do something about Mephisto while Johnny holds it down in hell. Well, hell is starting to get to him. We can see how he might be going off the deep end as the king there.

As for Danny....I'm still not sure about the whole Spirit of Corruption thing. The knight look is a bit too flat and cartoony for me. I'll stick with Ghost Rider for now since everything else is working great though.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Lilith one-shot? Did that come out last week? Recently?
    I am uncertain to which book you are referring but feel I need to locate it all the same.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Lilith one-shot? Did that come out last week? Recently?
    I am uncertain to which book you are referring but feel I need to locate it all the same.
    Spirits of Ghost Rider: Mother of Demons. That's the title, as far as I can recall.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

They titled makes it seem like throwaway side issue that focused only on Lilith, and it isn't. It's a terrible title, and they should have just made it another issue. I enjoyed it, I enjoyed the art as well. I still like the idea of the spirit of corruption, I like the idea of further separating the three ghost riders into more of their own thing, and I like the look because it's a knight. It can definitely look less MMORPG, but knights are a symbol of virtue etc etc, so I like that the spirit of corruption is a knightly figure. That said, I get the dislike of the idea 100%. Furthermore, I like that they're hinting at more spirits. Honestly, the bigger this is getting the more it is reminding me of Aaron's run. Instead of a team up between spirits of vengeance, perhaps we'll get a Emotional Spectrum-esque team up with a bunch of different spirits.