Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 179
  1. #136
    Better than YOU! Alan2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    What would you guys say is Ghost Rider’s rogues gallery? One example I’ve seen:

    Mephisto, Blackheart, Deathwatch, Blackout, Hag & Troll, Null the Living Darkness, Wallow, Vengeance, Centurious, Lilith, the Orb, the Water Wizard, Steel Wind, Scarecrow
    Did you miss the commercial? You left out Skinner and Zarathos. I'd also include Black Out, Nightmare, Hobgoblin, and Vengeance (I know Vengeance tends to fall into the antihero category, but I'd still include him.)

    I'm also partial to Death Ninja. Because he's a zombie ninja named "Death Ninja" I need no other reasons.

  2. #137
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    What would you guys say is Ghost Rider’s rogues gallery? One example I’ve seen:

    Mephisto, Blackheart, Deathwatch, Blackout, Hag & Troll, Null the Living Darkness, Wallow, Vengeance, Centurious, Lilith, the Orb, the Water Wizard, Steel Wind, Scarecrow
    Great list, but don't forget...
    Maelstrom & Deathurge
    (Sadly, Ketch never got his vengeance against them for what happened to Wendell Vaughn):




    And for another enemy that both Ketch & Blaze share, Steel Vengeance (sister of Steel Wind):

    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-20-2020 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

  3. #138
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    What would you guys say is Ghost Rider’s rogues gallery? One example I’ve seen:

    Mephisto, Blackheart, Deathwatch, Blackout, Hag & Troll, Null the Living Darkness, Wallow, Vengeance, Centurious, Lilith, the Orb, the Water Wizard, Steel Wind, Scarecrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Did you miss the commercial? You left out Skinner and Zarathos. I'd also include Black Out, Nightmare, Hobgoblin, and Vengeance (I know Vengeance tends to fall into the antihero category, but I'd still include him.)

    I'm also partial to Death Ninja. Because he's a zombie ninja named "Death Ninja" I need no other reasons.
    Overall good list of Rogues. I'd make a subtle distinction though and say Demogoblin vs Hobgoblin as he did split off from Macendale(sp).
    As for Scarecrow, the more human version at least, I always thought would transition better to being a Moon Knight foe. The more supernatural Scarecrow iteration works as a GR foe but the contrast of that hay look vs fire of a GR is odd.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  4. #139
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Yeah ghost rider villains needs more spotlight and his supporting cast like we need to see all of the other ghost riders in adaptions.

  5. #140
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,385

    Default

    'Twas a short arc but I think it was one of the book's most enjoyable, but maybe I just like watching Johnny knock Dr. Strange down a couple of pegs. If this book gets cancelled before this war they're building up to I'm going to be disappointed. I gotta wonder if the current state of things makes that more or less likely.

  6. #141
    Incredible Member The no face guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Issue 7 was another good issue, this writing is killing it, I'm loving the series so far.

  7. #142
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,061

    Default

    During the early stages of his career, rising star Greg Capullo had a chance to draw Dan Ketch: Ghost Rider. The results were most interesting, IMHO...


  8. #143
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Issue 7 was another good issue, this writing is killing it, I'm loving the series so far.
    Agreed bro. The great thing about Brisson is that somehow, he's able to pack so much in one issue without it feeling rushed or overly complicated. There are a lot of things to juggle here and, for the most part, Brisson handled it well. I particularly liked the beginning third of that issue with Johnny's inner monologue. Here is a guy who's feeling really betrayed and on edge. Strange just makes it worse with the squid monster.

    Seeing Punisher and Wolverine handle the demons was a nice touch. My only complaint was just how neatly Danny countered Johnny. Spirit of Corruption (which really works by the way, I'm digging the design), just so happens to solve all of Johnny's problems. The spiritual cleasning at the end came a little too easily. I was also confused over what Johnny is doing now with Mephisto. Is he just dragging Mephisto along? Are they having adventures together? Will they be heading back down to Hell?

    Speaking of which, the set up for this war for Hell seems great. Having Lilith and Blackheart back, playing those roles from before, being the characters they should be, that was great. Honestly, hope to see Hela, Pluto, Dormammu, Satannish, and other demonic beings play roles in this storyline. Perhaps we'll get into the Heavenly realms as well if the preview for next issue's cover is any indication.

    All in all, a great issue!
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  9. #144
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Agreed bro. The great thing about Brisson is that somehow, he's able to pack so much in one issue without it feeling rushed or overly complicated. There are a lot of things to juggle here and, for the most part, Brisson handled it well. I particularly liked the beginning third of that issue with Johnny's inner monologue. Here is a guy who's feeling really betrayed and on edge. Strange just makes it worse with the squid monster.

    Seeing Punisher and Wolverine handle the demons was a nice touch. My only complaint was just how neatly Danny countered Johnny. Spirit of Corruption (which really works by the way, I'm digging the design), just so happens to solve all of Johnny's problems. The spiritual cleasning at the end came a little too easily. I was also confused over what Johnny is doing now with Mephisto. Is he just dragging Mephisto along? Are they having adventures together? Will they be heading back down to Hell?

    Speaking of which, the set up for this war for Hell seems great. Having Lilith and Blackheart back, playing those roles from before, being the characters they should be, that was great. Honestly, hope to see Hela, Pluto, Dormammu, Satannish, and other demonic beings play roles in this storyline. Perhaps we'll get into the Heavenly realms as well if the preview for next issue's cover is any indication.

    All in all, a great issue!
    Im enjoying Brisson Ghost Rider alot more than I am with his New Mutants at dawn of x, i dont have that a level of excitement for NM as I do whenever a new GR issue comes out

  10. #145
    Incredible Member The no face guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Agreed bro. The great thing about Brisson is that somehow, he's able to pack so much in one issue without it feeling rushed or overly complicated. There are a lot of things to juggle here and, for the most part, Brisson handled it well. I particularly liked the beginning third of that issue with Johnny's inner monologue. Here is a guy who's feeling really betrayed and on edge. Strange just makes it worse with the squid monster.

    Seeing Punisher and Wolverine handle the demons was a nice touch. My only complaint was just how neatly Danny countered Johnny. Spirit of Corruption (which really works by the way, I'm digging the design), just so happens to solve all of Johnny's problems. The spiritual cleasning at the end came a little too easily. I was also confused over what Johnny is doing now with Mephisto. Is he just dragging Mephisto along? Are they having adventures together? Will they be heading back down to Hell?

    Speaking of which, the set up for this war for Hell seems great. Having Lilith and Blackheart back, playing those roles from before, being the characters they should be, that was great. Honestly, hope to see Hela, Pluto, Dormammu, Satannish, and other demonic beings play roles in this storyline. Perhaps we'll get into the Heavenly realms as well if the preview for next issue's cover is any indication.

    All in all, a great issue!
    You've addressed the issue far more eloquently and in detail than I could, but I agree, I'm wondering about Mephisto's role in all of this as well, but at the end of the day I think he will find a way to reclaim his mantle as the king of hell which I am looking forward to.

    I'm also enjoying Wolverine and the Punisher's cameo in all of this, altogether it is a great read, a really underated comic.

  11. #146
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    I'm wondering about Mephisto's role in all of this as well, but at the end of the day I think he will find a way to reclaim his mantle as the king of hell which I am looking forward to.
    Completely understandable about Mephisto retaking the role, since status quo is what's important among the readers.

    A lot of potential, but I'll miss Johnny being the "King".

  12. #147
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,457

    Default

    I've always enjoyed it when Logan and Frank showed up in a Ghost Rider book or to team-up. The pairing just seems to work cause heavy handed violence works with all three. I'm also very old school and recall them for that short lived arc in FF as the "New Fantastic Four" with Mr. Fixit Gray Hulk.

    The comment to Frank by Mephisto about him being a good candidate for hosting the Spirit of Vengeance gave me a modest chuckle.

    I still don't like the Spirit of Corruption moniker placed on Danny. He's a legit Ghost Rider and I hope this series lasts long enough to correct that. Also, I'd like to see Alejandro resurrected and restored to her legit GR status as well while I'm wishing. The GR canon needs a solid bit of female rep in it's family.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  13. #148
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've always enjoyed it when Logan and Frank showed up in a Ghost Rider book or to team-up. The pairing just seems to work cause heavy handed violence works with all three.
    Agreed. The '90s version of Hearts of Darkness will always be a favorite...


    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm also very old school and recall them for that short lived arc in FF as the "New Fantastic Four" with Mr. Fixit Gray Hulk.
    Me too. One of the few highlights from the '90s F4 run:



  14. #149
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I still don't like the Spirit of Corruption moniker placed on Danny. He's a legit Ghost Rider and I hope this series lasts long enough to correct that.
    Something we definitely agree on, Captain Craig.

    Hope is all we have left, I'm afraid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Also, I'd like to see Alejandro resurrected and restored to her legit GR status as well while I'm wishing. The GR canon needs a solid bit of female rep in it's family.
    Even though it's only a story from What If...?, I've always been partial towards the Barbara Ketch version...


  15. #150
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've always enjoyed it when Logan and Frank showed up in a Ghost Rider book or to team-up. The pairing just seems to work cause heavy handed violence works with all three. I'm also very old school and recall them for that short lived arc in FF as the "New Fantastic Four" with Mr. Fixit Gray Hulk.

    The comment to Frank by Mephisto about him being a good candidate for hosting the Spirit of Vengeance gave me a modest chuckle.

    I still don't like the Spirit of Corruption moniker placed on Danny. He's a legit Ghost Rider and I hope this series lasts long enough to correct that. Also, I'd like to see Alejandro resurrected and restored to her legit GR status as well while I'm wishing. The GR canon needs a solid bit of female rep in it's family.
    I can agree with most of those. Danny as a Spirit/Knight of Corruption works as a means to distinguish him from Johnny --- and it also enabled him to save Johnny from the hellish corruption consuming him --- but he is better as a Ghost Rider. And yes, with Alejandra being among the dead Ghost Riders in hell . . . well, I'd like to see her come riding back, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •