Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 74
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    3,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Robbie's currently with the Avengers. Are we expecting Aaron to change the roster?
    Actually, the avengers is supposed to have a rotating roster, so iím Actually surprised heís still around.

  2. #17
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Actually, the avengers is supposed to have a rotating roster, so i’m Actually surprised he’s still around.
    Wasn't that only for the last spot like Doctor Strange & Blade (who is leaving soon for Strikeforce right??)??

  3. #18
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    1,547

    Default

    Great to hear about this. Like a lot of others (and probably Brisson as well), I was raised on Danny Ketch being the chain-wielding, Penance Stare giving, Spirit of Vengeance. It was cool to see Johnny take those qualities back in the 2000's, but seeing Danny again fits. Indeed, it really fits since Johnny is ruling hell and Robbie is riding his car with the Avengers (respect to Robbie, but there's something about the car. I think it's too unwieldy for a solo character, unlike Johnny and Danny's motorcycles). We need a motorcycle Ghost Rider again and so having Danny around is great.
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  4. #19
    More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    I'll definitely be picking up at least the first issue, as Danny is awesome and he's received hardly any exposure for years. And I agree about Robbie's car, it's an interesting take on the GR mythos but it does look a bit clunky, unwieldy, and just doesn't have the same presence as a Ghost Rider on a hog.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

  5. #20
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    6,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Which title would that be? I'm guessing as part of the the Absolute Carnage event.
    Absolute Carnage: Symbiote of Vengeance. That's the title she's reappearing in.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  6. #21
    Mighty Member chamber-music's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,729

    Default

    I'm happy to see the brothers Ghost Rider back.

    I really like the Kale family and the mythology/backstory they have. Plus Danny is the Ghost Rider with the best villains.

    I wonder if their Cousin Jennifer will show up?

  7. #22
    Mighty Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Great to hear about this. Like a lot of others (and probably Brisson as well), I was raised on Danny Ketch being the chain-wielding, Penance Stare giving, Spirit of Vengeance. It was cool to see Johnny take those qualities back in the 2000's, but seeing Danny again fits. Indeed, it really fits since Johnny is ruling hell and Robbie is riding his car with the Avengers (respect to Robbie, but there's something about the car. I think it's too unwieldy for a solo character, unlike Johnny and Danny's motorcycles). We need a motorcycle Ghost Rider again and so having Danny around is great.
    Agreed. Ketch's Ghost Rider is undeniably enduring:

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,259

    Default

    Thank you @huntsmanspider

    If the title runs long enough I'd hope Jennifer Kale shows up. Would be cool to see Man-Thing in tow with Jennifer. As well as the aforementioned Alejandra.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  9. #24
    Incredible Member The BaRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Larroccas art on the 90s run is some of my favourite ever in a comic

    He was just fantastic at the time compared to now.

    And yes I liked the red and orange suit.

  10. #25
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Larroccas art on the 90s run is some of my favourite ever in a comic

    He was just fantastic at the time compared to now.

    And yes I liked the red and orange suit.
    I guess I'm close to hearing it all now. We found a fan of this look.
    GR88_90s.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  11. #26
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I wish they had kept the blue fire look for Danny. It was a nice way to make him stand out from the other Ghost Riders.
    it was only on that stupid Aaron run that Danny had that blue fire. Never had the need for him to stand out as he always had the best look among all the Riders.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I guess I'm close to hearing it all now. We found a fan of this look.
    GR88_90s.jpg
    goodness .. that design just looks hideous .. and that motorcycle (reminds me of Cy-Kill from Gobots).. *smh
    Last edited by arveg2; 07-18-2019 at 01:07 PM.

  12. #27
    Incredible Member The BaRoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Tbf that artist doesnít do it justice




  13. #28
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    6,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Thank you @huntsmanspider

    If the title runs long enough I'd hope Jennifer Kale shows up. Would be cool to see Man-Thing in tow with Jennifer. As well as the aforementioned Alejandra.
    You're welcome, and same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I guess I'm close to hearing it all now. We found a fan of this look.
    GR88_90s.jpg
    Yeah, the motorcycle design wasn't that bad, but those colors . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  14. #29
    Mighty Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You're welcome, and same.



    Yeah, the motorcycle design wasn't that bad, but those colors . . .
    Personally, I still prefer the motorcycle design from the 90's:

  15. #30
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    6,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Personally, I still prefer the motorcycle design from the 90's:
    Yeah, I can understand that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •