Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Everything sounds great. I like that it will feature Danny and Johnny. I like that they are building off what has come before while adding new stuff. I like that they are exploring Ghost Rider lore.

I hope their cousin Jennifer Kale shows up and I hope we see some of the old nineties villains again (with some updates).
    Jennifer Kale is a favorite character of mine, but I don't dig the retcon that established her as a cousin of them.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Given how Symbiote of Vengeance turns out, you just might get your wish.
    I saw she(Alejandra Blaze) was in that one shot when I flipped through it and look forward to reading it over the weekend!
    I really like the art in the book, need to see who that is.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Regarding the carnage story, yes, we know that the spirits of vengeance lore is contradictory, but it is kind of odd that all the ghost riders of the past are in hell and not heaven if they are in fact "angels" and equally as odd that they're in hell right next to Mephisto if they are demonic in origin. That would mean there is an army of Ghost Riders in hell, with their own spot, doing what? Why wouldn't they just team up against Mephisto? Yeah Mephisto's realm etc, but they clearly carved out and niche in his realm which is impressive enough, and what's the worse case scenario? Mephisto ends their eternal torment by truly wiping their already tortured souls from existence? Mephisto sends them back to Earth? It's just weird to me. It's like if the guy that killed Bruce's parents lived next to a mansion full of Batmen.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I really don't like multiple Ghost Riders. I don't mind if former Ghost Riders are around in other ways just not as Ghost Rider. The more they get the weaker the property becomes to me. I liked it in the 90's when Dan was Ghost Rider and Blaze showed up but he was not Ghost Rider anymore. Being the Rider did leave a mark on Blaze and he had his hellfire shotgun, and I wish they would do that more instead of just having multiple Riders running around at once. To me that is a better way to go in you can escape the Ghost Rider curse, but you are never 100% free of it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I really don't like multiple Ghost Riders. I don't mind if former Ghost Riders are around in other ways just not as Ghost Rider. The more they get the weaker the property becomes to me. I liked it in the 90's when Dan was Ghost Rider and Blaze showed up but he was not Ghost Rider anymore. Being the Rider did leave a mark on Blaze and he had his hellfire shotgun, and I wish they would do that more instead of just having multiple Riders running around at once. To me that is a better way to go in you can escape the Ghost Rider curse, but you are never 100% free of it.
    That was kind of what happened with Alejandra; even with Johnny taking back the Spirit of Vengeance at the end of her series, she was still scarred by hellfire and, as seen in Symbiote of Vengeance, she still retained some power from it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    QFT, I totally agree. Those were good times.

https://twitter.com/LordRetail/statu...92059057573889

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Retail
    Ghost Rider #1 gets a big thumbs up from me. I started Ghost Rider cold with issue #2 or 3 of the 90s Danny Ketch series & followed that for years. This series has both Riders, fantastic Aaron Kuder art, & I think it’ll create new fans like what happened to me in the 90s.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...er-1-review-2/

Quote Originally Posted by AiPT
    Fantastic first issue. Dynamite characterization and story points from Ed Brisson and amazing art from Aaron Kuder. These two are revving the engine for the Ghost Riders.

10/10
    https://www.newsarama.com/47135-ed-b...t-rider-1.html

Quote Originally Posted by Brisson
    The biggest goal is to re-establish Johnny Blaze and Danny Ketch as major players in the Marvel Universe. One of them is going to get a fairly major status-quo change as we push the series forward.

Beyond that, we're trying to tell an epic story that not only uses existing Ghost Rider lore, but also adds to it. We're going to be building to a giant story involving Earth and Hell and a couple other dimensions that will leave the fate of every soul in the hands of the two brothers. Things are going to get crazy, loud and very dangerous.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Always glad to see Johnny back in action. I'll pick it up as a TP if it ends up being worth a purchase.

I love Dan Ketch, but this didn't do much for me.

I'm a '90s Ghost Rider kid, so I had to check this out. Maybe I'll check out the trade and see what's what then.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I know they've stated this is going to focus on Johnny and Danny, which is great. Huge Danny fan, he was my first and still default go to Ghost Rider. Glad to see him back in action. That said I also want to eventually get Alejandra back in the mix. Given how Symbiote of Vengeance ended it is clear there are possible paths to get her back. Hopefully the series last long enough to make that happen! The three of them make a great trio for this Ghost Rider fan!

Leave Robbie off doing his own thing, he's not even directly tied to GR lore as stated in the books. He's honorary at best with Johnny's blessing.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I enjoyed this. Looks like Danny's gonna have to save his brother from himself.

Looks like we are preparing for a Hell event.

Hmmm....the Ghost Rider TV show just got canned because Feige had plans for the character. Will Robbie still be the TV Ghost Rider going forward or will Feige opt for Blaze or Ketch? He can still use Reyes but the character is more associated with Loeb due to Agents of Shield and Feige wants to deny both Loeb and his television division's existence.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 10-02-2019 at 09:53 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Awesome first issue. Gorgeous art by Kuder with pedal to the metal action. This is gonna be a fun ride.

BANNED

Please some help: What events led to Blaze taking over as king of hell ? What run did that happen in ? What's the last we saw of him prior to his appearance on the recent Avengers issues and this new book ?

I want to get caught up before reading this book.

Thanks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Please some help: What events led to Blaze taking over as king of hell ? What run did that happen in ? What's the last we saw of him prior to his appearance on the recent Avengers issues and this new book ?

I want to get caught up before reading this book.

Thanks.
    Pretty sure Blaze took over Hell in the Damnation mini.