Default What ever happened to Blackie Drago?

I am reading the early years of The Amazing Spiderman and saw Blackie Drago take over for the original Vulture only to get defeated. Then in ASM 63 Vulture breaks him out of prison and defeats him him battle. After the fight Blackie said he was through. That he would never put the wings on again. Did he stay true to his word? Was he seen again after that issues? What ever happened to him. I ask because I kind of liked him.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I am reading the early years of The Amazing Spiderman and saw Blackie Drago take over for the original Vulture only to get defeated. Then in ASM 63 Vulture breaks him out of prison and defeats him him battle. After the fight Blackie said he was through. That he would never put the wings on again. Did he stay true to his word? Was he seen again after that issues? What ever happened to him. I ask because I kind of liked him.
    Never expect a successor to stick around forever. People were clamoring for the original, so he was put in limbo.

Poor Blackie. His legacy forever defined by a monthly internet meme.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

He was briefly spotted in prison at Ryker's Island in Marvel Knights Spider-Man #10.

Also, in the alternate MC2 future, his daughter Brenda Drago became the high-flying Raptor, who was initially a villain but later reformed and became a hero.

It would be kind of funny to see a Sinister Six comprised solely of all those characters that took over from the originals for a brief time. (Blackie, Daniel Berkhart ie: the second Mysterio, maybe Bart Hamilton's Green Goblin or whatnot.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    It would be kind of funny to see a Sinister Six comprised solely of all those characters that took over from the originals for a brief time. (Blackie, Daniel Berkhart ie: the second Mysterio, maybe Bart Hamilton's Green Goblin or whatnot.)
    Sandman's the only one I can think of who has never had a successor, come to think of it.

I'm talking OG!Sinister Six, though. We've got, what, 2-3 Mysterios, a female Electro who killed Dillon, Lady Ock, I guess Kraven's clone counts, and Drago.

There was a lady doc ock? Whats her story?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

There was a lady doc ock? Whats her story?
    In the 90s to show how "EXTREME and SERIOUS things were they had Kaine (peters first clone, at the time malfunctioning and villainous) murder Otto Octavious. A student of his took up the mantle and focused on VR tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sandman's the only one I can think of who has never had a successor, come to think of it.
    Yeah, closest I can come up with is when they introduced a Sandman-like character in the 70's with Hydroman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    'm talking OG!Sinister Six, though. We've got, what, 2-3 Mysterios, a female Electro who killed Dillon, Lady Ock, I guess Kraven's clone counts, and Drago.
    I AM excited for the upcoming Janice-led female Sinister Six I just thought it would be fun to see all the sad "replacement" characters from the past make a go at it by teaming up once. (And I say "sad" even though I have a weird sincere love of the Berkhart Mysterio from his appearances as Mad Jack from the ole Mackie run.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    In the 90s to show how "EXTREME and SERIOUS things were they had Kaine (peters first clone, at the time malfunctioning and villainous) murder Otto Octavious. A student of his took up the mantle and focused on VR tech.
    Carolyn Trainer might well have remained as Doc Ock longer if she had been given better arcs instead of that boring, meandering VR story.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Mighty Member

There was a Blackie Drago Vulture in the Spider-Man newspaper strip a year or so back, but that's an alternate universe.