Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Default Taika Waititi to Direct Thor 4

Good still hope they do Gorr the God butcher and have Hercules,Ares and Valkryie help Thor take him down. This is all assuming that The rumors of the Eternals and Olympians being combined and Hercules being one of the stars of the Eternals isnt true though. If it is then Replace Hercules and Ares with Beta Ray Bill and Baldur(I know hes never been mentioned but they can say Thor thought he died long ago). With Loki gone it could be cool to see Thor have a brother but switch up the dynamic by having it be the older brother who Thor idolized as a kid. Though we already did the suprise Thors got another sibling thing.

Awesome News

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Either The God Butcher or Siege, assuming that we have Norman Osborn running about in the MCU...

Astonishing Member

This isn't too surprising. Both Waititi and Hemsworth seemed game for doing omre Thor.

Although who thought, of the Avengers Trinity, Thor would be the one to get his first film past the traditional trilogy ?

Although honestly I'm kind of mixed on this. I enjoyed Ragnarok as a Marvel film but I was less enthusiastic about it as a Thor film. Just felt more like a Hercules movie with some Thor elements attached to it, but most of that ended up getting jettisoned away anyways.

But the Ragnarok style won over fans and Hemsworth seems more comfortable for it, so that's that I guess. Although I guess I'm morbidly curious to see where they go from here considering Thor's supporting cast and world has basically been torn apart save for, I guess, Valkryie and Sif (and throw in Korg too I guess) :sweat:

(FYI, I haven't seen Endgame yet).

I wonder if they'll go for an actual Thor villain for this. They've done all the big ones, except I guess The Serpent or Gorr the God Butcher, even though they're both relatively recent. Be cool if Ulik and Enchantress show up, but I think both are rumored for Disney+ series.

I wonder if Waititi will use this chance to go into one of the issues people brought up with Ragnarok (where Thor had basically no reaction to the Warriors Three's deaths).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I wonder if Waititi will use this chance to go into one of the issues people brought up with Ragnarok (where Thor had basically no reaction to the Warriors Three's deaths).
    While we didn't see his individual reaction to those deaths, we did see what the cumulative effect of his mounting tragedies was in Endgame. Given what happened there, I can't see them dwelling on his tragedies/failings etc too long.

Also spoiler for the people who haven't seen Endgame
    spoilers:
    The Guardians and Gunn likely get a shot at the character before Thor 4
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    While we didn't see his individual reaction to those deaths, we did see what the cumulative effect of his mounting tragedies was in Endgame. Given what happened there, I can't see them dwelling on his tragedies/failings etc too long.
    Man, that really sounds convenient for Waititi .

It's actually kind of ironic that he killed the Warriors Three off as brazenly as he did because I feel like they would've fit his comedy style well. But that's just me.

I guess this news was inevitable. It will presumably lead to an enjoyable movie. Hemsworth is very good at putting across the kind of dry and awkward humour that Waititi is known for.

Ragnarok is a movie that has grown on me. Initially I walked out of the cinema having had a great time with lots of laughter but worrying that the humour undermined the story and the sentiment. Once I had my own copy and sat down to rewatch it carefully I was struck by how serious the underlying story was.

Perhaps, because the humour that I had already seen was less surprising and less laughter inducing (my clumsy way of not saying less funny, because it was clearly still funny) I didn’t feel like the humour got in the way or detracted from the story. It often took pains not to do this. The clumsiest instance was the last big Korg joke about Asgard, which I don’t want to spoil because it is well timed and quite funny as a joke. That does to some extent take away from the gravity of the situation, but on the other hand it also underlines and narrates the situation, so even that is not as badly placed as I thought on first watch.

I am not a subscriber to the theory that bathos is a bad thing. Bathos is an integral part of our culture now, and can’t be criticised anachronistically by a long dead poet, even if his point was well observed at the time. But ironically my concerns were almost all based on this notion of humour operating to unwittingly kill the sublime. Does the humour play against the seriousness and pathos of the story? Yes absolutely. Does it unwittingly undermine and kill that pathos? No.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member

Beta Ray Bill, please.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I'm glad we're getting more Thor, will be interesting to see what they do with him next.

Astonishing Member

Will it be as unfunny as Ragnarok?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Will it be as unfunny as Ragnarok?
    Is that possible?
    Sounds perfect.

BANNED

A lot of people won't be happy, but I don't think Hemsworth stays on as Thor without it being more comedic. I'm ok with it, I thought Ragnarok was fun.

Not a big fan of Thor as a comedy. I think I'll be skipping the next Thor movie at the theatres.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/