Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amazing Member

Default Dr. Doom Vs. Dormammu With A Twist

Dr. Doom and Dormamu have all their normal abilities and gear stripped from them by the plot gods. Instead, they are granted Chartreuse Lantern Power Rings with which to fight.

Chartreuse Lantern Power Rings are powered by the wielder's Ego.

Bonus: Who would be the most powerful Chartreuse Lantern of them all?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    Dr. Doom and Dormamu have all their normal abilities and gear stripped from them by the plot gods. Instead, they are granted Chartreuse Lantern Power Rings with which to fight.

Chartreuse Lantern Power Rings are powered by the wielder's Ego.

Bonus: Who would be the most powerful Chartreuse Lantern of them all?
    The OPs name is somewhat odd, but the idea is awesome. However, the Dorm trumps the Doom here. Doom knows beings are stronger or more capable, hence all the power-jacking. The Dorm already believes he's the be-all end-all.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm with big on this.

Doctor Doom has a huge ego, but tends to lead with his even greater intellect and strategic ability.

Furnace Face has a huge intellect and strategic ability (no, really, he does), but tends to lead with his even greater ego.

It's a fight, but I'm betting on The Dorm.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

*finger guns Doom to death*
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The OPs name is somewhat odd, but the idea is awesome. However, the Dorm trumps the Doom here. Doom knows beings are stronger or more capable, hence all the power-jacking. The Dorm already believes he's the be-all end-all.
    Eh, from what I remember Dormies has done his own powerjacking and admitted he wants none of Shuma, though I'm less sure if the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Eh, from what I remember Dormies has done his own powerjacking and admitted he wants none of Shuma, though I'm less sure if the latter.
    The Dorm, when seriously upset and feeling put-upon, does things like flat-out attack Eternity (with hilarious results). At other times, he basically gives up all of his advantages (when his victims are utterly helpless before him) just to show off, and ends up losing his prize (the Earth Dimension) because of that.

In recent years he has become somewhat more...cautious, one might say, but still seems sadly vulnerable to having his ego prodded, and to over-estimating his own ability against that of others (witness his most recent attempt to take control of Galactus...not his best moment).

Doom has bucketloads of Ego as well, and while it does cause him to over-reach from time to time, there's as many a time (or more) where he enters stuff really carefully, with one heck of a plan behind him.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Oh? What happened with Galactus? I remember him altering the guy with magic, but what was the end result?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Oh? What happened with Galactus? I remember him altering the guy with magic, but what was the end result?
    It came as no surprise.

spoilers:
    Furnace Face over-reached himself again. He figured he was taking control of Galactus, but Galactus...remained out of his control, and essentially seems to have absorbed the Dorm. It's all part of Mephisto's master plan, apparently. :P
    end of spoilers
    Why are we here?