Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Most potent poison/illness in Fiction?

Just curious. What are the most awful sicknesses or poisons in Fiction? Anything that has a deleterious effect on someone's health if infected, injected or exposed is fair game. Pathogens included - but particularly interested in poisons.

How would these things stack up to advanced healing factors or physiology? Wolverine? The Hulk?
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 07-16-2019 at 08:51 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I seem to recall literally no one in the Marvel universe being able to cure cancer that time... I think Quasar's mom got it?
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I seem to recall literally no one in the Marvel universe being able to cure cancer that time... I think Quasar's mom got it?
    You may of time Captain Mar-vell died of cancer and no could save him, then we later find out that Wakanda had a cancer cure but was holding back because the world wasn't ready yet (never mind that Mar-vell is an alien).

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    You may of time Captain Mar-vell died of cancer and no could save him, then we later find out that Wakanda had a cancer cure but was holding back because the world wasn't ready yet (never mind that Mar-vell is an alien).
    Or how Norman Osborne cured Deadpool's cancer, specifically so he could kill him with it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I just remember him trucking around the universe asking anyone and everyone for help and them being like "newp, can't be done" up to the point where he tried to threaten Death and was finally like "okay wow I really need to calm down." Cannot for the life of me find any reference to the event though.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I just remember him trucking around the universe asking anyone and everyone for help and them being like "newp, can't be done" up to the point where he tried to threaten Death and was finally like "okay wow I really need to calm down." Cannot for the life of me find any reference to the event though.

Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-16-2019 at 11:18 PM.

Nope! It wasn't that! I swear I read the thing I described, but it must have been some throwaway plot because I can find like zero reference to it anywhere. Art looks like the same era though.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Lee Soo-jin's poison attack in God of Highschool was pretty rad. She looks at you and your limbs melt.

Nasty stuff.

And yet T’Challa was also one of the people working on trying to cure Mar-Vell. Unless he just couldn’t give any fucks about Mar-Vell and was just feigning interest.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Lee Soo-jin's poison attack in God of Highschool was pretty rad. She looks at you and your limbs melt.

Nasty stuff.
    That beats Ancestor's stuff, so I'm out.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    That beats Ancestor's stuff, so I'm out.
    Hard to top "flesh melting stare" but somehow I'm still alive.

....momma Arby don't play.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

C'mon guys, it's clearly Iocane Powder.

"But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan