Default Sparks happen in the Marvel and DC sniverses

The same thing that caused sparks to happen in Girl Genius happens in Both the Marvel and DC universes, What happens?

Astonishing Member

How will they tell them apart from the other mad scientists?

Is it bad that I read the title as “Sporks happen in the Marvel and DC Universes?”

Like anyone who uses a weapon, shield, suit of armour, Mega Rod (*snigger*), Ultimate Nullifier, cosmic surfboard or anything external, basically, has it replaced by a plastic spork.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Is it bad that I read the title as “Sporks happen in the Marvel and DC Universes?”
    And when you wrote that, MY mind went to the Snorks.

And while a bunch of underwater smurfs running around would be interesting, I soubt most people in Marvel or DC would notice or care.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Has anyone ever read the webcomic?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    Yeah. I just don't see it making too much of a difference in DC. They've already got Lex Luthor breaking out of prison via time travel using a can of orange concentrate and a flashlight.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Yeah. I just don't see it making too much of a difference in DC. They've already got Lex Luthor breaking out of prison via time travel using a can of orange concentrate and a flashlight.
    Well tell me, what did you think of it?

And over in Marvel Doctor Doom and Reed Richards laugh and team up momentarily to tell them to "Get gud".
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

How will they tell them apart from the other mad scientists?
    Basically this. Standard DCU/MU high end scientists basically do everything Sparks do, short of having a voice that take control of more submissive personality types and having fugue states that seen to give them significant amount of super strength, neither of which is particularly unheard of in either of those universes. Maybe the fact that high end Sparks can become some kind of pseudo-deity like Albia? No, wait, there's the High Evolutionary, and tons of science/technology based cosmic beings (like the entire race of Celestials).

I guess that the average Spark is a bit more flamboyantly dramatic and self-destructive than the average mainstream mad scientist, but then you have things like Tony Stark accidentally making his armor into an abusive boyfriend, and everything about Hank Pym and Victor Von Doom.

Heck, Otto Octavious accidentally fusing himself into a manipulator harness connected to his own mind, turning him into Dr. Octopus sounds exactly like something that a big name Spark might do, especially since he also bodyjacked a hero so that he could show them all that he was the better man, which should earn a golfclap from Lucrezia Mongfish and Klaus von Wulfenbach.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-20-2019 at 12:57 AM.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    Of course, I just agreed with wjowski that they would be virtually indistinguishable from the garden variety mad scientists they already have.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!