Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Were they ever seen with women? Did they ever allude to relationships with women?
    They were seen with Mystique and Destiny, of course. That totally...

...wait...

Nevermind.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    OG Pyre and Avalanche were most def brosexual. No bromo. JK That came out wrong.

Did Avalanche have a daughter or something. Is he alive? Bring him back!
    They where the Duo of Evil like Taskmaster and Black Ant are now......

Wait, the Previews for HOX 1 show and mention Banshee, who was rendered more dead in UXM 21.......really need a Annual to bridge those gaps and reveal some stuff........and I thought X was hiding the fact he was back from most of the team with only Betsy knowing he was back........

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Then why is Warren listed as Archangel instead of Angel? First appearance X-men #3 instead of #1? That page has errors and M's may be one too
    They're not errors though, are they? Seriously does anyone think Marvel wouldn't notice that sort of"mistake"? Or that Toad's first appearance is wrong as well? This is deliberately done. It is changing the history of the X-Men maybe the brotherhood is going to be Blob, Toad, Archangel and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Seriously does anyone think Marvel wouldn't notice that sort of"mistake"?
    Yes, yes we do.
    Because they've made mistakes before.
    Some writers and editors have a very...relaxed attitude towards things like research and editing as well.
    Its plausible that they've screwed up.

Incredible Member

So, we see people on here say Hickman is meticulous about research because he likes building universes, and yet you think he'd make an error like that? Everyone who has ever read an X-Men comic knows who the original X-Men were, and yet you think editorial would not notice something that big?

Obviously your opinion of Marvel is pretty low, but that sort of "error" wouldn't get past my kids and these guys are professional. I don't care how relaxed an attitude towards research they have, it is not conceivable that something like that is a mistake.

Incredible Member

The Toad proves it is deliberate anyway. That first appearance is one issue different, that certainly has to be deliberate.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

So, we see people on here say Hickman is meticulous about research because he likes building universes, and yet you think he'd make an error like that? Everyone who has ever read an X-Men comic knows who the original X-Men were, and yet you think editorial would not notice something that big?

Obviously your opinion of Marvel is pretty low, but that sort of "error" wouldn't get past my kids and these guys are professional. I don't care how relaxed an attitude towards research they have, it is not conceivable that something like that is a mistake.
    Of course it's conceivable, it's just a typo.

Incredible Member

Seriously? You think that?

These things happen all the time, let alone in a preview page that isn't a part of the issue- just a few months ago, there was Chamber repeating the same sentence in an issue of UXM.

Astonishing Member

I mean it's not impossible. Errors and typos happen all the time even in the best most meticulous of works.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Agreed with Omega Alpha. There's spelling errors, and Jordan D. White, the senior editor made a mistake some months ago when answering a question about Scott. When corrected, he then made a joke that he had to retcon himself.

Oversights happen all the time.
    Retcons happen all the time.
    And ignoring or being ignorant with continuity happens all the time.

I think it may be deliberate too, but I can agree with Omega that pros make errors too.

Obviously you have too high an opinion of Hickman.

Yes, I think Hickman can make such a mistake. His calling X-men continuity “Random Unconnected Gibberish” didn't exactly build confidence in his abilities which I already didn't consider that good after reading his past stuff.
    Being a professional doesn't make them perfect or really indicate the quality of someone's work or skill anyway. And like I said, Marvel has screwed up things before and had to reprint and such. You'd be hard pressed to find a 'professional' comic company that hasn't made mistakes like this before.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Obviously you have too high an opinion of Hickman.

Yes, I think Hickman can make such a mistake. His calling X-men continuity “Random Unconnected Gibberish” didn't exactly build confidence in his abilities which I already didn't consider that good after reading his past stuff.
    Being a professional doesn't make them perfect or really indicate the quality of someone's work or skill anyway. And like I said, Marvel has screwed up things before and had to reprint and such. You'd be hard pressed to find a 'professional' comic company that hasn't made mistakes like this before.
    I mean it's hyperbole but he's not wrong. X-Men continuity is a convoluted, contradictory mess more often then not.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean it's hyperbole but he's not wrong. X-Men continuity is a convoluted, contradictory mess more often then not.
    Yeah, anyone that reads the book for a long time knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It was also meant as a joke. He’s really sarcastic on twitter. I think it was just a case of him making a point but making a joke of it.

As for the incorrect info on the cast entries...although I suppose they could be intentional and indicate some kind of time shenanigans, my guess is that they’re just typos. Someone got a little sloppy with cutting and pasting. I’m sure Hickman didn’t write that page...probably a low level member of the editorial team.