Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Obviously you have too high an opinion of Hickman.

Yes, I think Hickman can make such a mistake. His calling X-men continuity “Random Unconnected Gibberish” didn't exactly build confidence in his abilities which I already didn't consider that good after reading his past stuff.
    Being a professional doesn't make them perfect or really indicate the quality of someone's work or skill anyway. And like I said, Marvel has screwed up things before and had to reprint and such. You'd be hard pressed to find a 'professional' comic company that hasn't made mistakes like this before.
    Hickman had a puzzle that we had to solve( and it took internet days), I don't think his opinion of Hickman is too high. Hickman is very detail orientated I doubt this is a mistake. Now we have to question it with the possibility of it being a mistake but after that initial questioning process. Something like Penance pretty much proves it is on purpose you can make a typo with dates but it is pretty hard to mistake M for Penance. So the question is why are the dates different if it is on purpose. What is the endgame

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    It was also meant as a joke. He’s really sarcastic on twitter. I think it was just a case of him making a point but making a joke of it.

As for the incorrect info on the cast entries...although I suppose they could be intentional and indicate some kind of time shenanigans, my guess is that they’re just typos. Someone got a little sloppy with cutting and pasting. I’m sure Hickman didn’t write that page...probably a low level member of the editorial team.
    Yes, and he was mostly joking about how the term omega is largely overused and misused. Omega at one time meant characters with unlimited potential that could challenge or replace cosmic beings. Now almost everyone is an omega mutant who normally would be an alpha level mutant. I hope he corrects this issue.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

you guys are putting way too much stock in a graphic an unpaid intern, I promise you, made, that will not even be in the comic book.

and x-men continuity IS a mess. Hickman could safely make that statement, because it's a consensus.

X-men is inaccessible to new readers. Hopefully his "tour through x-men history" will clean up the story.

How is it not going to be a mess if we have I do not know how many retcon of Dark Phoenix Saga and Xorn.

Like, who the **** is Xorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Like, who the **** is Xorn.
    Magneto.

sigh

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Magneto.

sigh
    Xorn is a in-universe representation of why Marvel Editors should never try to supercede the writer they hire because they think they know better. (But this is a lesson they could have learned way back with claremont and didn't, so.)

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Yes, and he was mostly joking about how the term omega is largely overused and misused. Omega at one time meant characters with unlimited potential that could challenge or replace cosmic beings. Now almost everyone is an omega mutant who normally would be an alpha level mutant. I hope he corrects this issue.
    He mentioned that would be established in HOX issue 1. And while I agree that it’s good to get that sorted, I hope that he avoids establishing more designations of that sort. It’s the kind of thing that causes contradiction. Better to leave that stuff vaguely defined so that future writers can bend it a bit rather than break it.

Is Xorn really that complicated, though? There are two brothers, Shen and Kuan-Yin Xorn. At some point, Kuan-Yin had been captured by Sublime, who later used his body to slowly implement Magneto’s rhetoric into Xavier’s curriculum and eventually tried to do as much damage as he could using Magneto’s face so humans could turn against mutants since they were starting to be accepted into pop culture. Kuan-Yin is killed, but his brother still showed up in stuff until he “died” in the Mothervine arc.

Yes, yes we do.
    Because they've made mistakes before.
    Some writers and editors have a very...relaxed attitude towards things like research and editing as well.
    Its plausible that they've screwed up.
    Yes, mistakes happen but trust me, those are NOT mistakes and are intentional.
    Please Remain Calm

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Is Xorn really that complicated, though? There are two brothers, Shen and Kuan-Yin Xorn. At some point, Kuan-Yin had been captured by Sublime, who later used his body to slowly implement Magneto’s rhetoric into Xavier’s curriculum and eventually tried to do as much damage as he could using Magneto’s face so humans could turn against mutants since they were starting to be accepted into pop culture. Kuan-Yin is killed, but his brother still showed up in stuff until he “died” in the Mothervine arc.
    Yes, because was it ever clearly explained that it was sublime that caused Xorn to become Magneto and go nuts or do we just infer? Also Xorn pretending to be Magneto pretending to be Xorn is just crazy. Morrison's run was so near perfect it should never be altered or retconned. The same is true of Dark Phoenix Saga, but to quote Claremont "thems the breaks" lol lol

It is funny when things from Chuck Austen's run stand, but Morrison's run gets the retcon treatment (same for Claremont's classic first run).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    you guys are putting way too much stock in a graphic an unpaid intern, I promise you, made, that will not even be in the comic book.

and x-men continuity IS a mess. Hickman could safely make that statement, because it's a consensus.

X-men is inaccessible to new readers. Hopefully his "tour through x-men history" will clean up the story.
    Hickman loves making puzzles and charts. It wasn't an intern.I promise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Xorn and X-men continuity in general are A LOT less complicated than I see people keep going on about.

hickman himself proved in ultimates that xorn twins is the cooler idea, xorn twins win
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Xorn and X-men continuity in general are A LOT less complicated than I see people keep going on about.
    Maybe but continuity spans years and even the best of us can't keep it in check. In a perfect world, they would reboot keep the good ideas and throw out the bad ones, clean up thing that needs to be clean up. But we don't live a perfect world and trying to follow Psylocke, Wolverine, Storm or Cable history is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Yes, mistakes happen but trust me, those are NOT mistakes and are intentional.
    I tend to lean toward the idea that they were typos myself....but if they weren’t, then what do we think the changes could mean? What significance could there be to saying that Angel’s first appearance was in X-Men #3? Or that Toad appeared one month earlier in #3 instead of #4?

Perhaps there could be some meaning but thinking about it, I can’t really imagine what it could be. Any ideas?