Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Obviously you have too high an opinion of Hickman.

Yes, I think Hickman can make such a mistake. His calling X-men continuity “Random Unconnected Gibberish” didn't exactly build confidence in his abilities which I already didn't consider that good after reading his past stuff.
    Being a professional doesn't make them perfect or really indicate the quality of someone's work or skill anyway. And like I said, Marvel has screwed up things before and had to reprint and such. You'd be hard pressed to find a 'professional' comic company that hasn't made mistakes like this before.
    I beg to differ: being a professional doesn't make someone perfect but you should except from this person a certain level of quality.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I tend to lean toward the idea that they were typos myself....but if they weren’t, then what do we think the changes could mean? What significance could there be to saying that Angel’s first appearance was in X-Men #3? Or that Toad appeared one month earlier in #3 instead of #4?

Perhaps there could be some meaning but thinking about it, I can’t really imagine what it could be. Any ideas?
    They might rework some of the history of the X-men which would make those dates and issues correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They might rework some of the history of the X-men which would make those dates and issues correct.
    That part I got. But what would that accomplish? Does Angel arrive at the school later? Does Toad show up with Blob in X-Men #3? If so, why?

What would these seemingly minor changes accomplish? That’s what I’m trying to picture.

Incredible Member

That part I got. But what would that accomplish? Does Angel arrive at the school later? Does Toad show up with Blob in X-Men #3? If so, why?

What would these seemingly minor changes accomplish? That’s what I’m trying to picture.
    Archangel, not Angel as well though. So, yes I think the whole of X-Men history is going to be altered. I kind of lean towards a team of Blob, Archangel, Toad and others being the original brotherhood. Not sure who replaces Warren as an original X-Man in that case though.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

LMAO at you overthinking it. It was just a page from a preview.

BANNED

*Pepe Silvia meme*

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Archangel, not Angel as well though. So, yes I think the whole of X-Men history is going to be altered. I kind of lean towards a team of Blob, Archangel, Toad and others being the original brotherhood. Not sure who replaces Warren as an original X-Man in that case though.
    Well he’s called Archangel now, so I don’t think they mean that he first appeared as Archangel in X-Men #3. How could he be Archangel that early in X-Men history? Why change him to an early villain of theirs? I mean, they have no shortage of former foes who’ve reformed to one extent or another (pretty much the entire original Brotherhood, except the couple that are dead). I don’t see the significance of such a change or what storytelling elements it may offer.

Again, it’s possible. I’d be more inclined to believe it though if the changes were more drastic, and if the same text wasn’t also relevant to other characters on the page. It’s an easy mistake to forget that Blob appeared a month before the rest of the Brotherhood, and so on.

We’ll see.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    How is it not going to be a mess if we have I do not know how many retcon of Dark Phoenix Saga and Xorn.

Like, who the **** is Xorn.
    I don't even know who was Xorn in Morrison's run. That story was too confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I don't even know who was Xorn in Morrison's run. That story was too confusing.
    In Morrison's run Xorn is Magneto in disguise. It was later retconed when one of the writers wanted Magneto on the team. You can't have him on the team when he murdered Jean Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    In Morrison's run Xorn is Magneto in disguise. It was later retconed when one of the writers wanted Magneto on the team. You can't have him on the team when he murdered Jean Grey.
    Omg of course you can.

Incredible Member

It doesn't have to mean anything besides Things are slightly different