Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I still can’t stop smiling.
    I just drowned a bag full of kittens.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Like Hickman himself, I'm grinning ear to ear. Really interesting preview and a total break from the last few years. THIS is what I've been looking for.

As for the future mutants, I hope it isn't a straight time-travel story (I know Hickman said it wasn't, but people lie sometimes) but rather something else. We'll see, though!
    I think it will be more like paralel stories, where in the future (PoX) they see the effects of things we discover in the present (HoX).

I wonder if Hickman is going to use the deep weirdness of Monet´s powers. I am not talking about her normal stuff, but the ability she and her siblings have to fuse themselves and create new beings (M-Plate, the first Monet).
    Maybe through her the mutants could gain the acces to the powers other members of their family have shown in the past. That would explain red Kurt and armored Illyana.

What of PoX is a story of mutants future? It does not show anyone we know yet, so it could be a future story without any time travel involved.

Rasputin could be an descendant of either Illyana or Peter, Priest might be a descendant of Nightcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    wait... are they letting Sinister on the island?
    Hickman has been teasing that Sinister is a mutant. Mutants can get onto the island all on their own.

The Red Dragon

Why is Jean called Marvel Girl and M called Penance? Talk about regression.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Hickman has been teasing that Sinister is a mutant. Mutants can get onto the island all on their own.
    ... but he's not.

That's like a core point of his character.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Nice start. Can't wait to read the rest.

I don't know what to think. It wasn't enough for me to get the context of anything but i'm intrigued at least. Their voices all sound different in my head though based on the way they "spoke".
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm thinking about something concerning Marvel Girl… What is the point about wearing a mask if everybody knows you ?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

... but he's not.

Things are changing. When asked about it, Hickman said "Watch me work."

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    That is not necessarily true, The setup for X-men is rather good now. It looks like the Mutants will have their own society and basically this as good set up for young mutants as a school under Morrison. As long Hickman plan is in place it shouldn't be that bad. That said they are going to be a lot of mutants in play now harder spotlight everyone
    This has made me realize, in roughly 4-5 years the Generation X cast will be 30 years old in real time. When the Gen X cast first debuted, the original X-Men were just slightly older than that. We're also close to Morrison and Whedon's students reaching the 20 year mark.

As a kid, it was always neat to read the X-Men from the standpoint of legacy, to consider everything that came after 1963. With M/Penance getting up there, maybe soon wouldn't be a bad time to look back from 1994 - the present.

BANNED

... but he's not.

Where's my "In this new age of storytelling..." meme when I need it?

Fantastic Member

There was another preview page for House of X that showed what was (mostly) clearly Piotr's metal arm reaching for a flower, but he isn't really shown anywhere else so far in any pages, while the mystery Rasputin is shown with his powers and Illyana's soulsword. Kind of wish we'd had more info on that as to whether he's actually going to be featured in this at all or not.

Is there a separate topic that's concerning the entertainment weekly preview pages which are different from the ones shown here so far? here's a link in case anyone hasn't seen: more previews. Then again, looking back on the glimpse of Piotr seen, the focus is more about a flower being picked by Piotr, taken by Storm to earth (from what seems like Krakoa based on other previews), planted on the moon (or some other world), and then revisted by.. Armor? someone with Armor's powers in the distant future (which would make sense, as they're tied to her ancestors)? Presumably Krakoa's flower helped that new planet it was put on flourish, but really only a glimpse at my main man. Alas.

If there isn't "time-travel" it sounds like there might just be concurrent stories taking place at different periods of time and perhaps an event that happens in one timeline then goes on to influence another, but the lack of time travel would still seem to be a detriment if there's only minor relevances between the two based on things like flowers being replanted. History has shown that alternate timelines and realities just don't carry the same weight as the main-line 'canon' and if it just results in less being seen happening to the present.. I dunno. Sounds iffy to me.
    Last edited by Anchorsify; 07-17-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Thanks for the link Anchorsify. Storm, Emma, and Exodus, fun!

I'm so stoked for this. The art is gorgeous and I enjoyed seeing Logan playing with the kids. Seems very peaceful and joyful.

Sage and Doug seem like a great team and I'm happy to see them. Let's see what the X-Men can do in such a creative space they seem to be in.
    Last edited by JB; 07-17-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I feel bad in some ways that they can't put something out without glaring errors. Specifically Warren and Monet's first appearances. Unless somehow those have changed since their original publication.
    Also why is Rachel listed as "Dark Phoenix" unless it is a side of things to come?