Default Detective Comics #1008

Kind of a fun story, change of pace. The art was awesome! I enjoy Mahnke's work, but colorist Dave Baron really made it pop this issue.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Kind of a fun story, change of pace. The art was awesome! I enjoy Mahnke's work, but colorist Dave Baron really made it pop this issue.
    It was fun. I like how it was a call back to Court of Owls...and basically everything with the Joker where he's intensely jealous of Batman having fun with other villains particularly Catwoman. All the rides that BatCat or SuperBat enjoyed during King's date issue the Joker dragged Batman on. It was a nice nod both King and Snyder while retaining the normal characterization and people acting like they should.

But where did the bats come from? There was already a bat massacre in Tomasi's run. I know it's a separate species based on art, but still where did they come from and why is Batman weaponizing them? Bats are sensitive creatures that try not to interact with humans (makes sense when you realize how loud and smelly humans are).

When will some conservation group or Fish and Wildlife get involved? This cruelty to bats has to stop. The don't want to bite humans. They just want to watch Netflix and chill after a good meal and crazy workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    It was fun. I like how it was a call back to Court of Owls...and basically everything with the Joker where he's intensely jealous of Batman having fun with other villains particularly Catwoman. All the rides that BatCat or SuperBat enjoyed during King's date issue the Joker dragged Batman on. It was a nice nod both King and Snyder while retaining the normal characterization and people acting like they should.

But where did the bats come from? There was already a bat massacre in Tomasi's run. I know it's a separate species based on art, but still where did they come from and why is Batman weaponizing them? Bats are sensitive creatures that try not to interact with humans (makes sense when you realize how loud and smelly humans are).

When will some conservation group or Fish and Wildlife get involved? This cruelty to bats has to stop. The don't want to bite humans. They just want to watch Netflix and chill after a good meal and crazy workout.
    Batman threw a little device on the Joker, probably to attract the bats.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

I think Tomasi has been delivering underwhelming endings to his storylines in Tec, so this one and done was of my liking. I enjoyed the whole issue and Mahnke did a great job
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH