Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Looks like Babs is in this? I see a girl with a batman logo necklace
    Which panel - I didn't see it?

She isn't mentioned in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'm actually happy that they switched Barbara for Harley.

I don't find Babs to be very interesting or a strong character even. Harley at least has potential for this kind of story, because her insanity can be displayed in various ways.
    Ya, hot blond in short shorts. So many possibilities.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ugh.......
    Pretty much my response, too. After what he did with Harley in Damned...and the fact that his default strategy on Wonder Woman was "add more dudes", and what he did to Babs in The Killing Joke film...I have no faith that he'll do anything better than the dreadfully "meh" n52 Birds of Prey run.

On the other hand, it does have Huntress, who was missing from the n52 run. And Emauela Lupacchino is one of my very FAVORITE artists. So...I'll probably check it out. Wincing.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I have very little faith in Azzarello's ability to write women, and now the Birds of Prey are pushed even more into just another bunch of Gotham vigilantes.
    Well, as I said above - at least it has Canary and Huntress, instead of "Fake CIA Spy Canary" and Ev Starling. So that's one up on the n52. But yeah...it just feels like Azzarello isn't going to do any research again, and it's all going to synergy, edge, and "new readers" at the exclusion of the old.

Simone, Dixon, and the Bensons all tried really hard to honor the past of the characters they were using, but will very new-reader friendly. I have no faith that this run will be anything of the kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    All the writers they could've had for this, and they get Azzarello.
    Kinda, yeah. Much as I'm not super enthusiastic about Houser, I think she would have been a MUCH better fit for this, even with this team. Or they could have gotten Valentine.

Yes i needed huntress back in my life
    Agreed. Helena and Lupacchino are big bright spots for me.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, hot blond in short shorts. So many possibilities.
    Pamela Anderson has made a career on less than that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Which panel - I didn't see it?

She isn't mentioned in the article.
    first page. second panel. far left

first page. second panel. far left
    All I can see is neck shadow. But I'm not the best with black and white images.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Looks like Babs is in this? I see a girl with a batman logo necklace
    Given the description and the rest of the preview, it's much more likely that's supposed to be Dinah.

I'm curious what Babs was bringing to the series as batgirl? As Oracle I get it that's an interesting take and revitalizing a stale character being done better elsewhere(Batwoman, Cass, etc)
    Imo the series has been bad since well before the new 52 and has had zero direction for a very long time. Starling was probably the only good character in well over a decade of stories for that matter

At least now the series has a top talent like azzarello and we can officially stop all the boring adventures of Babs using canary and huntress as meat shields.

Seems like now canary gets to officially take back leadership and if for some insane reason harley is leading the group that's even funner

Astonishing Member

The obviousness of movie synergy doesn't mean this will be a bad run, of course. I'm certainly glad that the Birds aren't off the board for long, and it's always kind of neat to see the comics reflect the movie cast/line-up but still be dealing with the current continuities of the comics versions of the characters.

I'm curious. Wait and see curious, naturally. I'm certainly down for more Dinah & Helena dynamics. It'll be nice to see Montoya in another book, she's finally getting some good play. Harley is a bit more of a wild card option here - obviously in because of the movie but interesting because of her recent DCU stuff with Heroes in Crisis and Suicide Squad and Tom King's run. Yeah, I'll at least check it out.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Literally just complained about how Azzarello made Harley a stripper for no reason in Joker. I get that this is not Noir or Mature, but wow the timing left a bad taste. I'll come back later.

Who didn't see this coming? Still, kicking Babs off the team she founded is low. The BoP movie idea was awful anyway. Harley should never have been put on the team, but we knew this was going to happen the same way it happened with Suicide Squad.

Just have to hope the BoP franchise doesn't become ruined the way Harley ruined the SS franchise.
    Last edited by Badou; 07-17-2019 at 10:56 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

It's interesting - I actually don't have a problem with Harley on the team - I am curious if Babs is actually off, since she was "off" in the n52, but she came back pretty quickly, even if she was never a 'core' member during that run. Harley and Babs's relationship in Heroes in Crisis was quite interesting to me, so I could see that having some effect.

Except I don't trust Azzarello "I just added more new characters, most of them dudes, to Wonder Woman when I didn't do the research on the original character" to actually know anything about these characters at all.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member

How long until they make Harley Quinn part of the Flash family?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericFailures View Post
    How long until they make Harley Quinn part of the Flash family?
    Well Harley did want to sleep with Wally.......

News: New BoP...

Me: Meh, ok

News: ...By Azzarello

Me: 0.0, ok now you have my attention