Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Can we get Helena's classic costume back, already?

Rather not. I think the current one is the best she's ever had.

That said, Azz and Harley? Ugh. I'll give it an issue but I'm already prepared for garbage. How can you have Birds of Prey without Oracle? That's a fundamental aspect of the team. Get out with this Harley pandering nonsense.

Hoo boy! Sign me up!

This comment has been screencapped and archived on my hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    That's some stunning art. Sadly, there are 2 dealbreakers for this new run:

1.) No Barbara Gordon.

2.) Azzarello. After his blatantly sexist run on Wonder Woman back in the New 52, I have no interest in a book he writes that features mostly(if not all) female main cast members.
    So glad others can see Azzarello for the sexist jerk he is.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Besides that fact that DC has driven me to despise Harley, my in-universe reason for skipping this is that Dinah would never willingly work with her. And try as they might to ruin her, Black Canary remains one of my all-time favorite characters.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Renee Montoya was alluded to by Azzarello so does that mean she will be a member of Azzarello's iteration of the team? This would most probably mean that she would be the Question, right?

Incredible Member

Why did they say that Huntress and Harley used to be a thing? I was almost sold until I read that

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Besides that fact that DC has driven me to despise Harley, my in-universe reason for skipping this is that Dinah would never willingly work with her. And try as they might to ruin her, Black Canary remains one of my all-time favorite characters.
    It's been mentioned before by others, but that's a big issue with heavily featuring popular villains or even some anti-heroes - heroes who would never choose to work with them being out of character for the sake of the a team-up. Especially long-term team ups.

Why did they say that Huntress and Harley used to be a thing? I was almost sold until I read that
    That does sound dreadful, but I didn't see that bit. What I got was
    Harley: new life after suicide squad
    BC: helping an old flame
    Huntress: working with Montoya (actually possibly more like for Montoya?) against "Las Esposas de la Muerte"
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-17-2019 at 09:50 AM.

I can't wait to tell my wife about this. Azz's run on WW was one of her favourite things in comics! Incidentally, my wife is a feminist and queer. Figured I'd toss that in, in the interest of perspective diversity...

This comment has been screencapped and archived on my hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I didn't read the title, but she served on the JLA with Lobo (and Killer Frost) and he's a sadistic bastiche. What was the reasoning for her being okay with him there and did their explanation fly with you? Maybe Batgirl convinces Dinah since they were so chummy in "HiC."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Rather not. I think the current one is the best she's ever had.
    Nope. Sorry, I can’t agree. I think the new one looks generic as hell. It’s not a bad design. It just doesn’t capture the essence of Huntress to me. They should at least ditch the hood and give her back her classic domino mask. It was something that really made her look unique in terms of hero costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I didn't read the title, but she served on the JLA with Lobo (and Killer Frost) and he's a sadistic bastiche. What was the reasoning for her being okay with him there and did their explanation fly with you? Maybe Batgirl convinces Dinah since they were so chummy in "HiC."
    To me (not person you were replying to), that just compounding mistakes. But I don't expect DC to ever stop it (not just with Harley, with others of her ilk, too). I hate what it does to heroes, but the issues seemingly sell, and that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I don't see the point of a Birds Of Prey book without Barbara. BOP needs to always be Barbara and Dinah.

It's like World's Finest without Clark and Bruce. Just my opinion.
    Once upon a time, the JL didn't have the Big Seven or the Trinity in it.
    Charlie's Angels don't keep the same three members all the time, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Nope. Sorry, I can’t agree. I think the new one looks generic as hell. It’s not a bad design. It just doesn’t capture the essence of Huntress to me. They should at least ditch the hood and give her back her classic domino mask. It was something that really made her look unique in terms of hero costumes.
    How is a domino mask unique among superhero costumes?

Fantastic Member

IMO, it's not Barbara, it's Oracle. The dynamic didn't work for me when Barbara was Batgirl in the book.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How is a domino mask unique among superhero costumes?
    It's the pointy part Huntress has