Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Marvel's Mockingbird has that too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm genuinely surprised that Azzarello still gets DC work after the Killing Joke debacle and him calling a fan a "p*ssy" during a convention panel (not to even get started on the mess he made with Wonder Woman's lore).

Incredible Member

read this wrong. thought they meant huntress and harley had a thing

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How is a domino mask unique among superhero costumes?
    What Restingvoice said. And as Digifiend pointed out, the only other character who has a mask like that doesn't even exist in the DC Universe.

Incredible Member

I just can’t support this. I’m tired of Harley. Soooo tired. And no Babs? Yeah. Hard pass on this.

I don't like Huntress's current look but I think it is based off of her look from Arrow Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised that Azzarello still gets DC work after the Killing Joke debacle and him calling a fan a "p*ssy" during a convention panel (not to even get started on the mess he made with Wonder Woman's lore).
    The top brass of DC doesn't have a good track record of dealing with sexism or harassment.

That line of Azzarello's that "Canary, Huntress and Montoya have a lot of damaged baggage" leaves me even more cold about letting him run this. Especially with his claim that Harley Quinn "might be the most together member of the team"…
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    That line of Azzarello's that "Canary, Huntress and Montoya have a lot of damaged baggage" leaves me even more cold about letting him run this. Especially with his claim that Harley Quinn "might be the most together member of the team"…
    I'm right there with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Was it really a debacle though? Killing Joke made a lot of money, and only comics fans tended to harp on the sex. I doubt very much that DC thinks one way or the other about a movie that is a few years old now.

Having said that, no Babs on the team is a win in my book. I've tried and tried to get into BoP over the years, and she makes is so boring. I might actually stick with this one.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

This was what I was most afraid of would happen. Forcing Harley into the Birds for movie synergy and trying to take Babs out of the group she founded.

Azzarello isn't very convincing as writer either. The only positive part is A. The Birds are back, and B. Luppachino on art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Can we get Helena's classic costume back, already?

I think when most people think of Helena's classic costume, they think of the Jim Lee look with the exposed belly midriff.

Although I do wonder how long New 52 Huntress will stick around. I mean, points for diversity, but it seems to have caught on as much as black Deadshot did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    1.) No Barbara Gordon.

2.) Azzarello. After his blatantly sexist run on Wonder Woman back in the New 52, I have no interest in a book he writes that features mostly(if not all) female main cast members.
    Yeah, I really have wonder who thought it was a smart idea to put Azzarelo on a predominantly female title mainly about female empowerment.

But given how he wrote Batgirl in the Killing Joke movie, it's probably for the best Babs isn't in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    IMO, it's not Barbara, it's Oracle. The dynamic didn't work for me when Barbara was Batgirl in the book.
    The writing was also generally not the strongest for the runs where she was Batgirl on the team.

New members Please!!!

Power girl???
    Big Barda???

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I really have wonder who thought it was a smart idea to put Azzarelo on a predominantly female title mainly about female empowerment.

But given how he wrote Batgirl in the Killing Joke movie, it's probably for the best Babs isn't in this.
    I'm pretty sure Bruce Timm is to blame for the treatment of Babs in that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Was it really a debacle though?
    Not from DC point of view it wasn't.

Glad to see Azzarello on this book.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Renee Montoya was alluded to by Azzarello so does that mean she will be a member of Azzarello's iteration of the team? This would most probably mean that she would be the Question, right?
    Rucka established Montoya as the Question again over in Lois Lane.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    I'm pretty sure Bruce Timm is to blame for the treatment of Babs in that movie.
    I think Azzarello gets his fair share of the blame as script writer. Especially for the characterization element.