Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Cool.
    Hard pass.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I can't stand Harley, so hard pass for me.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This was what I was most afraid of would happen. Forcing Harley into the Birds for movie synergy and trying to take Babs out of the group she founded.

Azzarello isn't very convincing as writer either. The only positive part is A. The Birds are back, and B. Luppachino on art.

I think when most people think of Helena's classic costume, they think of the Jim Lee look with the exposed belly midriff.

Although I do wonder how long New 52 Huntress will stick around. I mean, points for diversity, but it seems to have caught on as much as black Deadshot did.

Yeah, I really have wonder who thought it was a smart idea to put Azzarelo on a predominantly female title mainly about female empowerment.

But given how he wrote Batgirl in the Killing Joke movie, it's probably for the best Babs isn't in this.

The writing was also generally not the strongest for the runs where she was Batgirl on the team.

You make a good point. If Babs isn't on the team, at least Azzarello can't tarnish her. I'm just really worried how Black Canary is going to end up after he's done with her. Harley Quinn being on this team is just plain silly. I like Harley but this just isn't the place for her.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    You make a good point. If Babs isn't on the team, at least Azzarello can't tarnish her. I'm just really worried how Black Canary is going to end up after he's done with her. Harley Quinn being on this team is just plain silly. I like Harley but this just isn't the place for her.
    The preview art even makes it look like she's trying to steal Dinah's fishnets look .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I don't see the point of a Birds Of Prey book without Barbara. BOP needs to always be Barbara and Dinah.

It's like World's Finest without Clark and Bruce. Just my opinion.
    If we were not trying to appease comic book store owners and those gatekeepers who act like only certain characters should be in books. We wouldn't have this issue.

All you hear is Batman or Superman or Harley or others sale so they deserve to be SHOVED in everyone's faces. Then folks want to look SHOCKED when sales are not as high as they should be.

It gets to a point of too much with certain folks.

Now this is begin done because of that movie and the writer hired-is there for a reason.

For all the complaints about his New 52 Wonder Woman run-at least in my city that book SOLD and it was the only New 52 book that had a long waiting list to read it at the libraries. A waiting list that is still going on today.

I don't think sales will be an issue with this book especially when it comes to trades.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Rucka established Montoya as the Question again over in Lois Lane.
    Thanks. I'm trade waiting.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

12 issues tops. It's only going to be a thing until the Birds of Prey movie tanks. Then it will dissolve into the shadows of publication never to be spoken of again. or at least I hope.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Azzarello referring to Huntress's baggage makes sense with the character, but what baggage of Black Canary do you think he is referring to? Because the only thing I can think of that he'll possibly bring up is her being tortured in Longbow Hunters.

Mighty Member

Birds of Prey? Excellent. Lupacchino? Awesome! Harley Quinn? Oh, no thank you, nevermind.

So close, DC. So close.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    ... the only thing I can think of that he'll possibly bring up is her being tortured in Longbow Hunters.
    There's no way that's still canon, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    There's no way that's still canon, is it?
    With continuity as it stands with current DC? You never know .

Well, I guess it won't be too much longer before DC puts Harley Quinn on the Justice League, to mess with dynamics and be the ONE "put together" person while everyone else on the team has "baggage." I think DC should change Harley Quinn's name to "Shoehorn."

And it may seem like I'm kidding, but I'm really not. They already have/had her as one of the "Superhero Girls" in those animated YouTube shorts.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 07-17-2019 at 07:01 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Fantastic Member

The BoP movie isn't going to tank...

...and at least they're not calling it "Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey" like they did with Batgirl, completely disrespecting the other members of the team (especially Dinah).

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    The BoP movie isn't going to tank...

...and at least they're not calling it "Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey" like they did with Batgirl, completely disrespecting the other members of the team (especially Dinah).
    No, but I think they did that for a recent re-release of the Gotham City Sirens trade.

(Although, to be honest, it wouldn't have been so surprising for them to have done that here).

The preview is pretty violent. Someone just gets straight up beheaded!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut