Default Wednesday Spoilers: Weekly Discussion Thread?

Is there a reason there isn't a discussion thread for the new releases for the week? It kinda seems like a no-brainer kind of thing to have.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

The Marvel Boards used to have a thread every Friday listing the books being released the next Wednesday withI think had previews linked. It was a nice place for people to talk about the books they were picking up the next week. I suppose someone could easily get a list from the Diamond Previewsworld site and start a thread.

Give me your spoilers, people! I need to know what is actually worth picking up.

In the X-Men board they seem to make threads per issues to discuss. They have a thread for upcoming stuff, which I think is kinda nifty.

Yeah, either start a new thread for each specific issue, or post with spoiler tags in the relevant character's appreciation thread.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

People don't seem to talk about DC comics all that much unless they're outrageous or there is a reboot. I suppose this shows the interest level of the fanbase. I think a lot of people just read them out of habit, not because they're particularly engaged. I guess that's why Dan DiDio does stuff like Heroes In Crisis. At least people actually discussed it and were engaged.

Judging by people's posting and habits, it does seem like people are interested in the characters, though, hence all the appreciation topics about.

I remember thinking about being on a forum for a TV show, and when a new episode would come out, the forum would be abuzz with discussion about it. Same thing for novel series I've followed. A new issue of a comic doesn't seem to particularly excite the comic fanbase for whatever reason. Or maybe the fans just keep it to themselves largely.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 07-17-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Cannot hurt to try. I know that over in the Wonder Woman forum, the previews tend to often garner more discussion than the actual issues. One practical problem is that the previews for each issue tends to be posted rather close to the release Wednesday and at different times, which can make it tricky to create the thread, but I see no harm in trying to start such discussions.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Is there a reason there isn't a discussion thread for the new releases for the week? It kinda seems like a no-brainer kind of thing to have.
    Just do it!
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Mighty Member

Honestly, this board always seems quietest on Wednesdays. I think people avoid it until they've gotten a chance to get to the store.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers