Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But...that wasn't the ending to Knightfall.

Batman didn't even beat Bane. Well, Jean-Paul as Batman did, but he didn't punch him out, he took out his venom and terrified the bajeebus out of him.

That sounds more like the conclusion to "I am Bane" then Knightfall.
    Honestly a good chunk of fans don't seen to actually read the ending of Knightfall or least they don't remember it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Has there been any followup to Bruce hitting Tim? In any comic? I'm not reading many anymore, and none of the Bat ones.

As little since as this storyline sometimes seem to make (and especially with latest issue), I sometimes wonder if Bruce is hallucinating huge amounts of it. But, alas, we aren't that lucky.

I often get the impression King doesn't think Bruce's kids matter very much. I mean, I like the idea of BatCat (though I don't think it's been done well here), but it does at times seem like she's been made the only really important or possibly supportive person in Bruce's life, and that's just wrong.
    Well according to King Bruce's kids are just soldiers. That's how he sees them.

Though to be honest Bruce has never been the best parent or care giver so this isn't exclusive to King.
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-18-2019 at 11:38 AM.

So this just felt like a rehashed Dark Knight Rises
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    In Teen Titans (which seems his main book at the moment) he seems to live at their head quarter.

Wasn't Cass living with Leslie Tompkins after the Gothm Knight fell apart?

I wish there was really more consitenc between the books, when it comes to where characters are and what they are doing at the moment. Ok they never manged to line up the events in JL and Titans with the solo books, but at least the coordination between the differnt Batfamily titles used to be much better pre flashpoint.
    Damian doesn't and he never has lived at the HQ full time according to everything from TT, SS, Tec and even King's Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Well according to King Bruce's kids are just soldiers. That's how he sees them.
    Well, given the way he's sometimes treated them...no, not really. But he has certainly not typically prioritized his children in the post-Crisis era. I'm not saying never - he's had up and downs. But very often he has not. Their survival matters a great deal to him - their happiness and emotional health much less so. His mission very frequently seems higher priority to him than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    So this just felt like a rehashed Dark Knight Rises
    Which was not a very good movie for the most part, IMO (and I didn't even mind the ending). Some basic premises about the set-up didn't make sense, and just thinking about some of the similarities reinforced how much No Man's Land as a premise doesn't work for me either.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-18-2019 at 11:46 AM.

No Mans Land is a perfect example of the excesses of comic books in the 1990s. And for that reason I love it.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Haven't read all your comments yet but I will point out that I have no idea what's going in this book. Usually that's not good but for this issue specifically, for some reason it was still an awesome read for me.

I'll go read your comments and come back to ask questions about the stuff I still don't understand.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I loved the issue. The best part of course was the Gotham's upside down law enforcement world of detectives Joker & Riddler on cases for Commissioner Hugo Strange who summons evil Batman (who has Ventriloquist as his butler) to enforce Gotham's new law (that simply being the law that Bane reigns supreme).

King smartly played it all pretty straight and yet it came off as crazy (and humorous).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Ok, so in Batman 74, Bruce slaps Thomas real good and climbs out of the cave where Thomas brought his wife's coffin to. Where is the story between 74 and 75? How did Thomas get back to the manor, have everything set up with Alfred as hostage, Ventriloquist as his butler, Gotham Girl as a sidekick? And then how does Bruce go from crawling out of hole in the desert to some sort of pilgrimage in the winter mountains. Where did Cat come from?

At what point does Bane take over the city? While Thomas and Wayne are in the desert?

I'm confuzzled to say the least.

Gotham Girl is awesome though.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    Ok, so in Batman 74, Bruce slaps Thomas real good and climbs out of the cave where Thomas brought his wife's coffin to. Where is the story between 74 and 75? How did Thomas get back to the manor, have everything set up with Alfred as hostage, Ventriloquist as his butler, Gotham Girl as a sidekick? And then how does Bruce go from crawling out of hole in the desert to some sort of pilgrimage in the winter mountains. Where did Cat come from?

At what point does Bane take over the city? While Thomas and Wayne are in the desert?

I'm confuzzled to say the least.

Gotham Girl is awesome though.
    Thomas was the one who crawled out. The hand was his.

I'm guessing Bane has had some hold on Gotham's villains for sometime but just made his big move.

I'm guessing Bane has had some hold on Gotham's villains for sometime but just made his big move.
    As someone who has only read about this issue, and isn't reading the title right now, why doesn't any police/military force attack? I understand Alfred is a hostage, but one life isn't worth a city taken over to any reasonable governmental body. Is there wide-scale mind-control involved - I know there are some power-player villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    As someone who has only read about this issue, and isn't reading the title right now, why doesn't any police/military force attack? I understand Alfred is a hostage, but one life isn't worth a city taken over to any reasonable governmental body. Is there wide-scale mind-control involved - I know there are some power-player villains.
    There could be some mind control since psycho pirate and Hugo Strange are working for Bane. Plus he might have a few Gotham officials in his pocket but the real reason is if the authorities get involved then we wouldn't have a story..

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    There could be some mind control since psycho pirate and Hugo Strange are working for Bane. Plus he might have a few Gotham officials in his pocket but the real reason is if the authorities get involved then we wouldn't have a story..
    But it has to make internal sense. Wide-scale mind control - okay. The government does nothing when an entire city is taken over for no in-story reason at all - not okay.

Astonishing Member

It was 1999, yeah? So No Man's Land was not just a perfect example ... it was sort of the ultimate Season Finale of the 90s Excess. The culmination of years of crazy and constant crossovers.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com