Default Avengers: Initiative

Is this worth the read? I'm currently reading Road to Civil War and will read the Civial war series next....thought I'd read the Initiative afterwards. Sorry if this is a re-post...tried to do a search but there is soooo much on here, I didn't see it.

Initiative is better than the Bendis books. Which I also like. But yeah, the Gage/Slott stuff is consistently better during those Bendis years.
    Dance games are my divine punishment from the Lord. May my furnace be forever fueled.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin J View Post
    Is this worth the read? I'm currently reading Road to Civil War and will read the Civial war series next....thought I'd read the Initiative afterwards. Sorry if this is a re-post...tried to do a search but there is soooo much on here, I didn't see it.
    It's a really good book. They come up with all sorts of cool new characters and kinda rebrand some older ones. I think you'll enjoy it.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-17-2019 at 12:17 PM.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

It is a very good book. Though it could dow ith less wangst (sadly par for the course with teen books) and the cast does grow very quickly
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Initiative is better than the Bendis books. Which I also like. But yeah, the Gage/Slott stuff is consistently better during those Bendis years.
    Yeah, Slott was a real breath of fresh air for Avengers during Bendis's stranglehold.

Awesome...it is on my list then

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin J View Post
    Awesome...it is on my list then
    It's an especially fun read if you enjoy seeing C- and D-Listers get the spotlight.

-Pav, who never thought he'd see the Skrull Kill Krew again...
    2019 Marvel Monthly Buys: Superior Spider-Man Runaways Absolute Carnage: Lethal Protectors Silver Surfer: Black Death's Head House of X Powers of X Contagion

Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my middle school students! DM for details

Incredible Member Dreaded Porcupine's Avatar

I enjoyed it. I wouldn’t touch anything Bendis was writing at the time (pretty much still don’t) so it was really a very enjoyable alternative for not reading the Avengers. I like B,C,D listers. It’s nice to see when they get the spotlight. They even had a character called Butterball.

I t was pretty good not my favorite but I like it on the whole. It is a concept that should still exist, with or without the Avengers tag.

I loved it. Personally I thought it dealt with many cast-aside characters as well as I've seen in years of comic reading.

Mixed bag for me, but I did buy both volumes of the "Complete Series" trades.
    “Tell me, are you an Avenger now? The brand is not what it once was” - Mr. Sinister, Uncanny X-Men (2019) #19