Default Avengers: Initiative

Is this worth the read? I'm currently reading Road to Civil War and will read the Civial war series next....thought I'd read the Initiative afterwards. Sorry if this is a re-post...tried to do a search but there is soooo much on here, I didn't see it.

Initiative is better than the Bendis books. Which I also like. But yeah, the Gage/Slott stuff is consistently better during those Bendis years.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin J View Post
    Is this worth the read? I'm currently reading Road to Civil War and will read the Civial war series next....thought I'd read the Initiative afterwards. Sorry if this is a re-post...tried to do a search but there is soooo much on here, I didn't see it.
    It's a really good book. They come up with all sorts of cool new characters and kinda rebrand some older ones. I think you'll enjoy it.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-17-2019 at 12:17 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

It is a very good book. Though it could dow ith less wangst (sadly par for the course with teen books) and the cast does grow very quickly

Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Initiative is better than the Bendis books. Which I also like. But yeah, the Gage/Slott stuff is consistently better during those Bendis years.
    Yeah, Slott was a real breath of fresh air for Avengers during Bendis's stranglehold.

Awesome...it is on my list then

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin J View Post
    Awesome...it is on my list then
    It's an especially fun read if you enjoy seeing C- and D-Listers get the spotlight.

-Pav, who never thought he'd see the Skrull Kill Krew again...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I enjoyed it. I wouldn’t touch anything Bendis was writing at the time (pretty much still don’t) so it was really a very enjoyable alternative for not reading the Avengers. I like B,C,D listers. It’s nice to see when they get the spotlight. They even had a character called Butterball.

I t was pretty good not my favorite but I like it on the whole. It is a concept that should still exist, with or without the Avengers tag.

I loved it. Personally I thought it dealt with many cast-aside characters as well as I've seen in years of comic reading.

Mixed bag for me, but I did buy both volumes of the "Complete Series" trades.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”